My Journey Begins Again

Jahalia

I've been on and off various weight loss plans since I was a teenager. I'm now 40 and still overweight and unhappy with how I look.

I've always wanted fast results and given up whenever I've seen a gain or a loss that doesn't reflect the work I've put in. A change of mindset was badly needed!

I've now decided enough is enough. I need to get this weight off once and for all. I have 6 stones to lose which feels like a mountain to climb. But hopefully posting on here every week will spur me on and this time I'll succeed.

Til next week . . .

Hi Jahalia and welcome. Best of luck with your journey. I'm here a lot and post and rant a few times a day.

Well, so much for yesterday being a fresh start! Gave in to cravings all day yesterday and done the same again so far today. If I was to go back to SW it'd be a Wednesday weigh in so I'm going to try my hardest to start tomorrow.

It happens, making a decision to start and actually doing it are not the same.
Will you be going to a weigh in tomorrow? If so take that weight ad your starting weight and use the next 24 hours as a prep day for it?
Don't give up before you start, stay strong.

Thankyou. No I'm not going to a weigh in, just going to weigh at home. I'd like to go to a meeting but unfortunately can't afford the fees at the moment. I'm determined to lose at least a stone before the summer comes, so tomorrow. . .let's hope for the best lol! :)

Weighed myself this morning and was pleasantly surprised. Despite a couple of weeks of overeating since I last weighed and a take away last night, I've managed to maintain so I still have exactly 6 stones to lose to get to target.

My mindset today is quite relaxed. I feel like I can just go with the flow, not be too strict with myself but also not feeling like I want to binge. That's a good start for me. I have a few meals out coming up but feel I can still achieve a loss next week despite that.

I'm not going to follow a specific diet this time. I'm going to monitor my calorie intake and see how I get on. At least that way no food is totally off limits. We'll see how it goes :)

I've found two things help me more than anything.
One is logging everything I eat and drink, and i mean everything. You can do it here, or on an app or in a notebook
The second thing was getting a ticker with am.end goal...I just love watching my little fishy swim ( he hasn't in a while).

Thanks for the advice Tipperary. Yesterday ended uo being not so good. I was fine until my daughter wanted to share some ice cream. Feeling positive, I thought 'I can do this, I'll just make sure I log the calories.' Big mistake!
I have a tendency to compulsive eat once I've had something sweet and yesterday was no exception. I'm not usually hungry and I don't really enjoy the junk I'm eating. It's just like a flood gate being opened and I can't stop myself once I start. So I need to make sure I don't share with the kids and if I want something sweet, wait until hubby's home. He doesn't eat much sweet stuff so I don't eat as much when he's around.
Taking the kids to the seaside this afternoon so that will be difficult but I need to remimd myself that I haven't ruined the week. As I'm calorie counting I can easily rein it back for the next few days to compensate. Still planning on seeing a loss on the scales next week :)

This week is not going well at all! Seaside yesterday which resulted in chips, ice cream, chocolate - so much stuff I should have resisted. To be fair I did resist the ice cream and opted for a Slush instead. But my eldest asked if she could have it and my youngest constantly needed her ice cream rescuing from endless dripping.
Was hoping to be good today and again couldn't control myself once I started on the bad stuff. We had a day out at the Farm Park for a friends leaving do and took a packed lunch full of the kids favourites. I quite sensibly took a bag of Skinny Popcorn but it lost out in favour of crisps and cake.
The weekend is now upon us again so I'm going to see if I can pull it back. I really want to see a loss on Wednesday, I just need one day on plan and I'll be able to stick with it. Willpower J - willpower! :)

Here I am on Monday morning of week 2 and no better off than I was last week! The willpower just got thrown out of the window every day. Two days out with the girls and a weekend away from home eating takeaways and unhealthy snacks. Not the way I envisaged my first week to look!

I was originally going to weigh on a Monday, changed it to Wednesday and I'm now back to a Monday. Luckily my weight has maintained so I'm in no worse position. I just need one day to go well and I'll be able to have a good week. If I don't do it today, I'll be in the same position tomorrow and the cycle will continue. Hopefully I can take control of the cravings today. I have Cherry Pepsi Max to drink as well as water which should help if I want something sweet.

So we'll see how it goes. My aim is to post here tomorrow and have a successful day behind me :)

I weigh in on Fridays as I am more likely to eat more over the weekend so Friday should be my lowest weight.

My sister does that, always works well for her. As a stay at home mum my weekends often blur into every other day. But I always seem to struggle starting a diet any day other than a Monday, which is bizarre considering I don't seem to be able to start at all right now lol!

Today is a new day, yesterday was written off yet again! But I'm really really determined now to see a loss next Monday. Been looking at clothes I'd like to wear but currently wouldn't feel right in so that's given me a boost :)

I did have a proper week but now I'm doing shifts and have no idea of what day or time it is. Yesterday I had breakfast at 2:30 am lunch at 7 am and dinner at 11:30am. Then a nap, then wine and another meal at 5 pm with family. Off for two days so today is my Saturday.

Decided I'm going back to Slimming World tomorrow. I feel like that's the only way I'm going to get myself started as every day for the last week and a bit I've failed. Their scales always weigh different to mine so no idea what they'll say. I'll just embrace it and see how I get on :)

Back