My journey on the LL path

My~Turn~Now

Its the end of day 5 and I thought today would be a good day to start my journal. A good day because I have got to day 5 and have no intention of stopping or 'cheating'. Thats a big deal for me as the longest I ever did CD without eating something be it just a piece of chicken or a huge take away or my body weight in dairy milk was 5 days.

Before there has always been an excuse to stop, an excuse to cheat. Now I have so much more going on in my life that I have a 1000 easy excuses and I dont want them.

So this is it. Im going to lose weight. I sometimes feel its a shame that it took me getting this big to get to this place in my head but lifes too short for regrets so onwards we go :)

Jan x

Hi Jan
And congratulations on taking that 1st step to becoming healthier, and most importantly slimmer!!
Well done for getting past the 1st 5 days! Lighterlife is a wonderful diet plan and will totally change your life, if you allow it to. Its not the easiest plan to do, but once you get by the stage of fantasising about food, having only foodpacks becomes a way of life, and i promise it does get easier day by day and every week you get fab weight losses boosts you for the next week because you know its all been worth while, and the councilling really does help you to realise why you became overweight in the first place! Good luck Jan, i have every faith you can do it! Do post regularly, i find doing that really helps me, and i look forward to seeing your weight losses every week!

Love Diane xx

Thank you Diane. I have to say reading your journal was one of the reasons I decided to give vlcd 1 last go.

Week one and 9lb gone:bliss: it all seems to have come off one of my spare tyres too so is quite noticable :D

I had a raspberry and cranberry bar last night. They are huge! and very filling. We sampled the toffee bar in class and I was chuffd that its the same as the cd bar but with a yoghurt coating. very nice :cool:

Im still finding the diet scarily easy and am starting to feel much more confident in myself.

In class we were asked to visualise where we want to be in a years time. I could actually see myself looking curvey, slim and happy. I hope I can make that vision a reality.

Got only 1.5hrs sleep last night as Gene is struggling at the moment. Hopefull we will hear this week when he has his endoscopy and they can reveiw his meds at the same time, the poor guy just cant settle. Ive stayed off caffeine since starting LL but the decaf has staying in the cupboard this morning and the good stuff is being used :eek: oh well!

Right Im off to have a very lazy day....

lemon cookies - yummy!! i think i have a new best friend. cookies for breakfast lol

had an emotional melt down at the doctors surgery today when took G for his jabs. having so little sleep turns me into a wreck. i suppose it helped to get out some of the stuff i have bottled up and the HV is going to try and push his endoscopy forward without him having to become an in patient again which is another opton but we dont want to take it unless absolutely neccessary. we spend enough time in there without going in with it being desperate.

Dietwise *get back on topic J* I have forgotten to eat since my half bar this morning at 8.30 so have just had a caramel shake and will have a soup and my 1/2bar later. ill save the extra pack for the middle of the night:rolleyes:

Good thing about this heat is the water is no problem...I'm sweltering :tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop: <- me melting!

Well I suppose this is my first hurdle. My little man is being admitted to Queens Med either today or Mon after review showed that his meds are on the maximum dose and are just not working well enough to keep him comfortable.

I have spoken to my counsellor and she delivered a weeks worth of packs o my home for me last night and is going to keep in regular phone contact over this next week to keep me on track. I can have the session I will miss on Tues as a 1-2-1 when we're home again.

She has been so supportive, I feel stronger knowing I have hers and the groups support.

I have no intention of coming off the diet. It might sound weird but at the moment its great to have control over something

I best go and pack for me and the little man incase its today we are summoned....have shaker will travel.

wish my boy luck :cry: x

Hugs to you and big hugs to your wee boy! :grouphugg:How old is he? What is wrong with him? Poor little mite.
You are doing very well though, and i know you CAN do this, and your right, at least this is the one part of your life that you CAN control. I am very happy that my journal has helped you to decide to give vlcd one last go, and i can promise you, just take one day at a time and it will be so easy, 2nd nature to you. I have lost 2 stone 5lbs in 6 weeks and if you keep up the good work in a few weeks time people will be reading your diary and will be so inspired by you too that they will embark on their journeys, you can and will do this, i have every faith in you..........the lbs will fall off quicker than you can count them! Good luck sweetheart and i wish your little boy all the best luck! xx

thanx chick :) he's 4 1/2m and has a few problems. we're trying to sort out gastro oesophagal reflux at the mo as it keeps causing chest infections and ulcers from his tongue down. he's always hungry too and often in pain so can be fractious and unsettled a lot. we have a new medicine to add to the collection to stop his stomach spasms so hopefully that will help. also we started weaning while in hospital and so far no more allergies found and he's enjoying it too

we're home until tuesday next week. my brave little fella has been prodded poked and barium xrayed and still remained cheerful, bless him.

and...... i remained abstinent throughout our stay :D

i drank very little water as the ward has no water cooler and the tap water is awful. my weight loss this week is 2lb which is rubbish but my counsellor assures me will improve once i glug some water and ahem go to the loo:eek:

despite the rubbish loss the inches are going faster than i can keep up with and im at that annoying stage where everything is too big or too small and my dh has nick named me 'baggy ass' as my jeans keep slipping off my bum :party0049:

off to catch up with everyone :D xx

I had my first wobble last night where I really wanted to eat. I went in the fridge 3 times with the intent of finding something to eat. I didnt, I logged on the pc instead but the urge was terrible. No idea whats triggered it but feel stronger today thank goodness.

Been glugging water and have been to the loo at last. Feel better all round for both.

Im putting off doing the week 3 exercise of writing a letter to myself. I cant get my head round it. what do you say? hmm will have to give it some thought :confused:

I made thge crisps last night. They were 'interesting' lol I ate them anyway :rolleyes:

thank you Diane. Im terrible at remembering this diary. I log on post in the LL bit and by the time Ive remebered to come to this something has happened and I get distracted. shame on me! lol

Going really well at the moment. I had a few days where I have taken to my bed a little early to resist temptation which was all explained when totm arrived early :jelous:

Little man is doing ok though nights are horendous at the moment. all cuddles gratefully received :D thank you x

hello
I know what you mean about going to bed early LOL, as time goes by you will feel alot stronger, i can cook for people and enjoy to without being tempted and LOVE watching cookery programmes, in the earlier days it was TORTURE, but i really do feel strong now.
Hope your wee boy starts to feel a little better, it must be a huge strain on you emotionally to see him suffer.
Keep up the good work, oh, and i find that the choccie shakes made as a hot choc with sweetner really do the trick at TOTM!

HUGS (( )) to you both xx

i find cooking very therapuetic and i think my dh will need ll when ive finished as im sure i over feed him :giggle:
i have found the choc pack made into the fudge recipe on here is great. not quite ben and jerrys but good enough ;) i'll give the hot choc a go with sweetner. ive only tried it once and thought it was a little bland, perhaps sweetner will perk it up.

its very emotionally draining on us all when G is ill. i think at first it was so hard because our other 5 children have all been healthy and i think you take it for granted that your baby will be. its taken some getting used to but things are easier now x

you have 6 kids!!!!!!!!!!!! Geeze oh, you must be a busy lady!
You will also find that a few weeks down the line packs you never liked taste different and may even become your favourites! I couldnt stomach the choccy ones in the beginning but LOVE them now! I blend it in the blender though to make it hot choc and its nice and frothy! Whats the recipe for choc fudge??

lol yes 6 aged 13,11,7,4,21m and 5m. i suppose i should say we live in organised chaos but we dont its just plain old chaos :p

choccy fudge recipes - copied from ll forum on here..

1 packet of chocolate
1/4 cup of hot water

2 or more sweeteners
1tsp of coffee (if you like)

Mix well - it should look like a thick chocolate soup. Microwave it for 2 minutes. It comes out as a thick gooey mess, which tastes like fudge!

Back