My journey to 5 stone slimmer!

Thanks girls! So positive, I love it!

So I went to my induction last night and it was SO good! The instructor really SPOKE to me.. About everything! Diet, weight, cardio, strength. He didn't TELL me what to do or what I should eat, he just advised and listened. He was actually interested in slimming world, and he has lost weight himself so he was telling me his story. I feel so much more comfortable at the gym now. He showed me how to use every machine too. Only shame is that he works at a diff gym within the group and was only covering! He really wanted to personal train me!

I didnt get much of a workout last night because I was with the instructor for 2 hours! I was working out some while he was going through the machines with me. Anyway, gonna go for it tonight! Can't wait :) wanna burn those cals! Gonna aim for 300 tonight. He said aim for 200 but I'm an overachiever ;)

Food wise, I was a bit naughty at the weekend as per usual but been great the last few days. I'm only hoping for a STS this week as its only sat- thurs and I weighed in the morning on sat whereas my thurs weigh in is in the evening. I'm happy with staying the same this week though, I know the exercise will pay off next week.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

You sound so positive about your exercise hun. Hope you had a good session tonight! I'm loving the gym at the moment, its making me feel so motivated. I actually like the ache the day after as it means I've worked hard and I can actually feel my body changing. Are you gonna try any classes? xx

So I went to the gym and I really liked it! There was hardly anyone there. The machines are really high tech and new and I feel like the time went SO quick! I did 45 mins of exercise and burned 320 cals! It actually made my net of food for the day about 1300, which i'm happy about! I think going 4 times a week and hopefully burning 300+ cals a day could make a real difference. Ideally I want to do 5 days a week, but to make the same SW as a my friend I have to get the first bus from work to be there on time, and I wouldn't go all the way to my work on a weekend. My group does do a 7.15pm weigh in on the same night so I might try and go to the gym and get there for then. Only thing is that I would have to get a bus home after, as my friend usually gives me a lift! I just would like to go 5 days a week because at 300 cals thats almost half a pound deficit a week just through the exercise and if I increased my ability/stamina and started burning more cals then it would be way over! I have a personal goal of making it to 500 cals a time.

My best friend is coming to stay this weekend and i've already asked her what time she is going to be here because if she is turning up straight after work (she has to drive 1.5 hours to see me, so I have to go on whatever time is easiest for her!) then I think i'll go to the gym on thurs and go to the later weigh in so I get at least 3 sessions at the gym this week!

Bev- My gym doesn't actually do any other classes than water aerobics! I might try that at some point. I do love classes, but my gym was super cheap and really convienent for me so I don't mind too much. Also, with classes, I have to fit them around my schedule etc whereas with the gym I can just go straight after work, do my workout and then leave. Glad you're enjoying the gym too! I can imagine the gym becoming a bit boring so I need to be always trying new things and keeping it interesting!

x

So weigh in last night and I gained 1lb. :( I don't really deserve it because I've been so good this week foodwise and I've been to the gym 4 times. I know it must be something to do with it being * week and all the exercise. My legs are like swollen tree trunks atm.

I'm hoping for more next week. It's my first gain since Xmas so I was abit disappointed, but what can you do? The exercise is supposed to be helping me..

If I'm honest, I feel abit lost with this weight loss thing atm, and with slimming world. I can't remember the last time I had a good loss, or went and had a nice surprise.

I need to get back to basics and throw my all into SW or I need to quit. I am never fully committed to trusting the SW plan and I'm always watching my calories etc. maybe I should try and give it a month of being completely SW without even looking at the calories etc.

I feel like the SW plan comes so easy for everyone else :( and with this gain, I actually haven't lost weight in about 5 weeks, and I'm too big to be losing at a slow rate.

Feeling quite defeated.

Awww I'm sorry to hear that. I've had spells of being demoralised with slow losses too so I completely understand. The gain will be from * week and the new exercise regime so try not to let it get you down. I don't do slimming world but I do agree that sw mixed with other plans doesn't work I think you need to get back to basics, ignore cals etc and just follow the plan to the letter and see how it goes. If that doesn't work then maybe you're the sort of person who is more suited to a different plan? Good luck please don't give up xxx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Grr, I feel so annoyed for you. With 4 gym sessions under your belt I bet you were feeling really positive about WI this week. So sorry you had a gain, it'll all be down to * week and exercise but that doesn't make it any easier for you!

I agree with Mrs G about sticking to one thing or the other. I really struggled with SW when I was trying to count cals alongside it, just didn't work for me. Since sticking to SW and ignoring the cals the weight has started coming off again. SW isn't for everyone though, just like any diet if you don't feel like you're enjoying your food and its not working for you then its definitely worth trying something new. I'd say give 100% SW a go first though, hopefully next week once * week is out of the way and your body has got used to the exercise you'll be due for a good loss next week xx

I have a confession to make that this week I have found myself following SW and calorie counting. I know it doesn't really work, but I can't help it! I really struggle to eat tons of pasta or potatoes after working hard all day on not eating anything bad and exercising to then feel like i'm eating it all back in carbs! I still have carbs and still follow SW with cooking everything from scratch and watching my HE, but I do take note of how much carbs i am having and I do measure out my pasta. I also find it easier on weekends to watch calories (even if it means that I go up to my daily allowance) than to follow SW if I'm going to have a bad weekend or cheat. I could go out for a meal and still end up under my 2,200 daily maintenance calories meaning that I shouldn't put on any weight, but with SW it would be tons of syns and mean that I feel like i've already ruined the plan. Does that make sense?

Anyway, recently I have been netting around 1200-1400 everyday and feeling positive about it. I went to the gym 5 times last week, and i've been monday so far this week. I really felt like going last night after work but I actually went to a clairvoyant with my friend! It was really really good, and I left feeling very calm and positive! Today I feel absolutely knackered and like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and i'm feeling the after effects of realising how heavy the weight was! I feel happy today. I am in control. I live a lovely life, with a wonderful boyfriend, a lovely flat, a nice job, a crazy amazing family etc. I always judge myself on what I don't have or what I haven't succeeded in, and it reminded me to cherish what I DO have!

Yesterday I only had about 750 cal, which I'm not a fan of because I don't believe in low cal under 1200, but I went straight to the clairvoyant after work and didnt get back home till about 9.30pm and I don't like eating that late. This morning I had a sneaky peak at the scale and it was showing a 3lb loss! BUT it is in the morning and i weigh in the evening.. and although I wasn't without clothes.. the clothes may be a bit lighter than what i usually wear. HOWEVERRR it still made me very happy and i still have today and all of tomorrow to try and keep it off or add to the loss! If I do get a loss like that then it will be like FINALLLYYYYY!!! hahah. I was going to go to the gym tonight, but I think I'll leave it this week if this is what i'm showing on the scale. I know that doesn't make sense to most people.. but if you've been keeping up with my diary you know all the water retention and weight issues that exercising causes for me! LOL so I think that if the scale is showing that, and I go and exercise and i jump back up.. I will quit exercise so i'm going to leave it until after weigh in and then start going again. I NEED a booster loss. I haven't lost weight in over a month!

I'm going to my friends hen do this weekend so its going to be slightly messy! I've got to get a 2 hour coach to southampton so I'm trying to think of SW-friendly or calorie-friendly snacks I can take to keep me going! Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Dee

If you're doing that i would try just calorie counting alone. If you put in less that goes out you'll lose weight regardless of the combination of them :) I guess you just have to do what's right for you though xx

Snack suggestions:
Mixed fruit and nuts in a little tub
Rice cakes with Philli or peanut butter on
Yogurt coated dried fruit (tastes like sweets)
Vegetable crisps or low cal crisps such as walkers pops/quavers/pom bears
French fancy (105 cals)

What time of day is it? Two hours isn't that long really so even just some fruit :) x

I know... I am leaning towards calorie counting, but I love knowing I have to go to the group and be weighed and I like when I get the badges n stuff lol. I don't wanna pay £5 to essentially be weighed tho if I'm not following it anymore.

Thank you for the snack suggestion! I know 2 hours isn't long, but I used to get coaches all the time and I used to take lots of chocolate and sweets and a big baguette and love it so I don't want to get to that craving and buy it before I get on the coach lol! X

I lost 3lb!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god, how long have i been waiting for this!!!!

I'm over the moon :)

So last week and this week I've been at the gym everyday just doing cardio till I burn 300 cal and then eating my calories back to hit around 1200-1400 each day and following SW food and rules.

Maybe I've always done TOO much exercise before? So I've been building muscle and although it makes me look slimmer on the scale it's not as kind as losing fat. I will defo be concentrating on building muscle and looking more toned when I'm nearer my target but atm I'm still 4 stone away!

Got my stone award too :) god it's taken forever!! Let's hope this new regime works in the coming weeks...

I lost 3lb!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god, how long have i been waiting for this!!!!

I'm over the moon :)

So last week and this week I've been at the gym everyday just doing cardio till I burn 300 cal and then eating my calories back to hit around 1200-1400 each day and following SW food and rules.

Maybe I've always done TOO much exercise before? So I've been building muscle and although it makes me look slimmer on the scale it's not as kind as losing fat. I will defo be concentrating on building muscle and looking more toned when I'm nearer my target but atm I'm still 4 stone away!

Got my stone award too :) god it's taken forever!! Let's hope this new regime works in the coming weeks...

Wohoooo!! So happy for you hun. Well done you. Its awesome ypur gard work is starting to pay off now. Stick to the formula that works now you've found it xx

Yay so pleased for you that's fantastic :) sounds like you have a method to go with now x

Thanks girls! I'm so happy today!

Yesterday I planned to have a takeaway and bottle of wine after weigh in as a treat, but after that result I was like nooooooooooooooo way!! I'm going to keep going! So I came home and finished up a red day with a cheesy chicken burger in a wholemeal roll and salad. I had a twirl as a treat and yesterday came out as 1400 cal :) I feel happy about that.

My mindset has really changed since getting that loss.. I feel like I CAN do it... my body IS capable of losing weight! I'm supposed to be going on a meal-date night tonight with my boyfriend, but I'm even thinking of trying to do something else like bowling, cinema etc so I can stay on plan with food! I'm going to go to the gym tonight too :) He's trying to lose a little bit of weight at the moment before this wedding we go to in 2 weeks so we could encourage eachother!

I'm 4lb away from the next stone bracket! Hope I can achieve that soon! Then it would be another half a stone target.

I can do this!

I'm so glad to see you all positive. .. A nice loss every now and then really gives a much needed boost! I've another 5lb to next stone bracket and I know I'm reasonably happy in that bracket so I'll be chuffed when I get there :)

So recently i've really seen a change in my eating habits and how i think about food. Basically, when I lost weight before when I was 15 (i got to 9 stone something) I wasn't actually trying but I just didn't care about food. Food wasn't a massive part of my life, and I didn't think about food much. I had a really busy social life and I was out all day with my friends walking around (so lots of exercise without realising) and i never had any money cause i didnt have a job so i wouldnt eat out, i would only eat when i got home.
Anyway, doing this weight loss journey i started to reflect on that time and think why was it so easy for me before and now I find it so difficult?! then lately I've started to feel about food what I used to feel when i was 15. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. It's not all the time (that would be a dream) and sometimes my appetite or cravings come back in full force but I am starting to have a few days a week where I'm not bothered about food. It doesn't control me. For example, last week I had a few REALLY low cal days that wasn't on purpose.. I just couldn't be bothered with food.

so this weekend I went to a hen do and part of the hen do was afternoon tea with scones, cakes, sandwiches, cream, sugar, brownies, profiteroles etc. I didn't tell myself not to eat anything.. if anything i decided this weekend i'd be "off" my diet so I could fully enjoy myself. On the saturday before I got to the venue i had a cereal bar and an apple, and at the afternoon tea I had half a wholemeal sandwich and 2 mini scones. No desserts, no whitebread sandwiches, and I wasn't even bothered. I wasn't REALLY trying not to eat it, I wasn't in a bad mood because everyone else was eating around me.. I just wasn't bothered. I then didn't eat for the rest of the day.

Also, sunday was probably the worst eating out of the weekend where we went to mcdonalds in the morning (hangover food!) and I ordered a double cheeseburger, chips, mozzerella dippers and a chocolate milkshake. That is alot of food, but before I would eat the whole thing and still feel like I could eat more. I actually left the chips and 3/4 of the milkshake cause I was so full I felt like I would be sick if I ate anymore food! It's little things like that which show me that something is happening to me. My stomach is shrinking, my will power is growing.

When I came home yesterday I didn't eat a proper meal again but I did binge a little throughout the day. It felt so naughty but it made me realise that I would do that ALL the time! I wouldn't dream of doing that today but I used to do that everyday after work and then go even crazier on the weekends.

I was showing a 2lb loss at the start of the weekend but now im showing a 0.5lb loss this morning ... even after all that mcdonalds SALT! I'm hoping that some of this is water weight and I still have a little bit more of a loss, but even if it is 0.5lb i'm pretty chuffed! Still 4 days to go till weigh in.. !

The hen do weekend was amazing, and I had soooo much fun! I now have 3 days at work (including today!) then I've got 11 days off! WOOOOP :) and in that time the girl is getting married and i LOVE weddings! So much fun! I'm really looking forward to doing lots of social stuff over my time off! Food who?!?!?!

I do find being off work VERY difficult for being on diet because i love going out for lunch, going to pubs, going for picnics, drinking wine.. but i'm hoping the indifference to food helps me get through it!

Hope you all had a good weekend!

That sounds promising. As I think I said on my diary, I still like my food and still go off the rails (mainly when planned like a day out or something) occasionally but I've finally come round to the way of thinking that I don't want to eat like that all the time. "Normal" people overeat at times its just avoiding that compulsion to do it all the time so it become the norm rather than the exception. Glad you're doing well.

Hey,

Hope you don't mind me posting but want to keep up with your diary - your lifestyle sounds a lot like mine (very social and busy) and I struggle in that respect with eating the right things at the right time. Looks like you're doing really well! :)

Sounds like you've really turned a corner over this last week. I'm glad things are getting easier for you. Really hope you get another great loss this week, you work so hard and now you've cracked it hopefully the pounds will be like buses and all come off at once! ;) xx

Back