my kick up the bum! - going to do success express!

jane76

Silver Member
as the title says i really need a kick up the bum, ive had a rotten week and if im not good for the rest of the week till tuesday im going to end up gaining if i dont gain anyway:( so im planning on doing SE for the rest of the week and maybe the following week to kick start my loss again.

so......any adivce for me? i think i know the basics like 1/3 free and 2/3 superfree is that right? if i had the following meals for a typical SE day would this be ok?

Breakfast - bacon with mushrooms and tomatoes followed by some fruit.

Lunch - cold meat salad (mostly salad stuff)

dinner - grilled chicken with roasted veg

what about syns though? am i still allowed the normal amount or should i not eat any whilst im doing it?

sorry for all the questions but i cant get to a class so dont have a consultant to ask...but to be honest i trust the infomation i get here more than i would from the consultant i used to have years ago ...but thats another story.

You can have the same amount of syns as normal 5 to 15 and can only snack on superfree foods.
Good luck I will be joining you on wednesday (have a difficult weekend ahead and then a funeral) and then my plan is to try as many success express days as i can until i get to the bottom of my target range.

Teresa

Oh then we can support each other then, ill need all the support i need. im feeling a bit thick just now but i dont get how i can use my syns if i can only snack on superfree foods :confused: do you get what i mean? like for example my favourite evening snack is raspberries and ff fromage frais with mini merigues (1 syn each ) crushed over the top - very yummy but can i still have that to use some of my syns up or not? what ways can i have my syns:confused:

Remember your Healthy Extras, allowed one A and B choice and can snack on those too.

Syns can be used as "healthy" syns e.g nuts, avocados, extra milk or cheese etc. Or you can use them as normal.

Success Express means that each meal, as you say as to have 2/3 super free, you can then use your syns throughout the day, and your HEx's, anyway you like. If you snack, snack using your syns, HEx's or superfree, not free.

Sorry i may have misled you snacks can be syns OR superfree foods OR healthy extras they are not allowed to be regular free foods.

Look forward to seeing how you are doing and joining you on wednesday. Do you keep a food diary on here?

Yup I done mon-fri of SE after a very naughty weekend and gaining 1lb last week and I lost 4 lb-very pleased!

So all above info is right but when looking up syns you always take the highest amount eg if some thing is 7 syns on gree and 2 on red you count the 7!

Good luck both of you! X

wow thanks for all the info thats great everyone!

Lexie-dog thanks for mentioning about the healthy extras i thought id read somewhere here that you had 2 b choices so im glad that i know before discovered ive been eating too much :(

derbynanny - dont worry about the mislead x oh and yeah ive got a diary here http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...-some1-read-me-please-im-very-lonely-lol.html, pop by when you have time and keep me company lol

ally - thats a great loss on SE exactly what i need to hear, oh and thanks for the info about the syns i didnt know that.

its going to take a lot more effort this week i think, i dont normally put a lot of prep into my meals so although its will be good for me to do this it'll also take me longer to get my head round it i think x

ill be posting it all in my diary so feel free to pop over and comment, oh and help me if ive made a mistake by pointing it out to me lol xx

Hi
I'm a slimming world returner having put on 4stone over the last few years and after having 2 kids (5 & 3) - I've just found this forum. I like the sound of the express - is there any food diaries I can view to help me get my head round it? Also there used to be loads of foods you could have that were sin free in tins (for lunch as I only have a microwave at work) on green that I used to have with a jacket potato (bombay potatoes etc ) sounds horrid but they were nice and very handy as i could keep them in my locker and always had something to hand when needed!
Any help you guys can give me would be most welcomed!

hiya, have you re joined a group or are you going to do it on your own?

if you have a look in the food or weight loss diaries section here they will hopefully be a few helpful ones there that can help you get your head around it all.

i dont know the answer to the question about tins but if you start up a new thread of your own then hopefully someone will be along to help you xx

so do i get 2 B choices after all then? thanks for the link too ill have a read at that just now and make some notes :)

Hi,
Many thanks I'll have a read. I am in a class. I did very well many years ago now and shed 3 stone in 4 months - that was before the kids though! I'm now at the heaviest I have ever been and its time to sort myself out. My will power isn't the greatest, however now I have found this forum full of likewise individuals its certain to help me!!

I used to take tins into work to have on jacket potatoes or toast, I loved Asda chick pea dahl and its great to see its still free for the whole can (great on a potato or with rice). Its just getting your head round it and clearing out the cupboards I need to do now.

I also like one pot meals now we are getting into the cooler months and its great cos I can set the timer and its ready when I get in from work and collecting kids from nursery and school.

I know I'll be a frequent visitor to here!

Lou

Hi,
Many thanks I'll have a read. I am in a class. I did very well many years ago now and shed 3 stone in 4 months - that was before the kids though! I'm now at the heaviest I have ever been and its time to sort myself out. My will power isn't the greatest, however now I have found this forum full of likewise individuals its certain to help me!!

I used to take tins into work to have on jacket potatoes or toast, I loved Asda chick pea dahl and its great to see its still free for the whole can (great on a potato or with rice). Its just getting your head round it and clearing out the cupboards I need to do now.

I also like one pot meals now we are getting into the cooler months and its great cos I can set the timer and its ready when I get in from work and collecting kids from nursery and school.

I know I'll be a frequent visitor to here!

Lou
i think that once you have children your motivation to lose weight is less because you are tired and stressed over something or other most of the time....well i know thats the case with me anyway lol..... but this is the first time in years that i have stayed motivated to lose my weight, i think with me its because im on my own now with my 2 kids and want to be healthy for them.

ive heard a lot of good reviews about thkis chickpea dhal but have never tried it so will need to try and remember to buy it:) oh and i love my slowcooker but havnt used it for a while so need to get that back out too, especially for the winter nights.

Back