My kitchen best friend......my pressure cooker

fillymum

synful soul
I love my pressure cooker. A chicken cooked in one along with lots of carrots, onions, peppers and a stock cube,etc. is tender, moist and delicious. I blend the veg and the stock and make soups.
I would not be without it. It certainly isn't used everyday but for cooking tasty tender meat it is a boon.

Whoops forgot to say, leave the stock in the fridge overnight and all the fat rises to the surface and solidifies. Remove the fat and you have a tasty, fatfree base for whatever soup takes your fancy.

Sue.

I love mine too. Soup takes no time at all.

I haven't had a pressure cooker for years now, we were caravanners when the children were young, and it was wonderful for cooking in the small space of a caravan kitchen.

I have been thinking seriously of getting one again, but what with having a steamer, halogen oven, slow cooker and microwave, I'm not sure whether I would get the use out of one.

But, I am still thinking about it...........

It's a shame that I have a really small one (bought it really cheap from Asda) and still have not used it.

i make a mean stew in mine and also use the pan to boil spaghetti as I cannot manage to make it without the pasta sticking togeterh and a mate told me that my pan was not big enough lol

That's just what we are having tonight, a delicious beef stew cooked in the pressure cooker.............

Sue.

Back