My lesson for today

Lumpy

One day at a time
Right ok,

Soooo, today, I was feeling a tad fed up. Hubby had taken the kids out and I had a few hours to myself. Lots to do around the house, but really wanted to get my haircut.

The brochure for our Center Parcs holiday next month came in the post last week detailing all the food opportunities I was gonna miss out on, and since then I have been feeling decidedly down in the dumps, chatterbox "I'm gonna eat on holiday, AND im gonna eat at xmas, blah blah blah" generally feeling sorry for myself. "I can lose weight by myself, I'll be a size 18 when i go to Center parcs, that's ok, I'll look fine".

Anyway, I decided to go and get haircut, and am so pleased I did. I sat in the hairdressers chair, and what stared back at me was a very large lady, DID NOT like what I saw. The girl who did my hair did a FANTASTIC job, and has made me look younger, and I LUUUURRRRVVVE the cut. So I bounced out of there with all the resolve I'm gonna need. I bought a few non-food treats and now I'm home again, one very happy bunny.

So I learned a valuable lesson today. If you are in any king of mood, just wait, change what you are doing, (easier said than done sometimes, I know) and things do change.

Well done Lumpy. Very well done. :)

Change the channel! Thats what I say. Change the frequency and you will receive different signals. :)

Keep it up!!

Get through that holiday without lapsing, and it will give you such a surge of energy and confidence - you will be SO glad you did it. I managed a month in the states - and felt such a sense of pride and accomplishment, that really helped me see this through to the end.

Keep it up girl!!!

x

Thanks BL,

I'm hoping I can apply this when it comes time to enter the world of food again. Food falstly appears to be the answer to so many issues, when it only creates more. I need to find a way to overcome that overwhelming impulse to eat in the moment. That's my long term challenge.

I'll be following your RTM with interest. I've only managed 4 weeks on RTM - the first time going on holiday and blowing it all and last time ending up with a sickness bug and using that as an excuse to eat what I liked!

Hopefully I have learned a few lessons there too, and this time I know there's no mucking around and some serious grafting to be done in order to succeed.

I appreciate your supportive words - thankyou.

Back