My Lighter Life Express : An open Book

Mrs B and spanglymum

I emailed my LLC with my concerns and she emailed back with an apology and said that due to unforseen circumstances she could not b there for 3 sessions. But promised to be there next week. I am however not sure if she will be regular. She was there on the very first introduction day and the very nxt evening - the first group eve she was not around and hasn't been since. I now recall her saying on the first day that i may be seeing this other lady more often but at that time i did not know that this other person is not a LLC. Although i am happy to have some one step in 4 hols, emergencies etc I have had my first 3 sessions without any counselling.
SO i have asked to let me know if her situvation is going to be the same for a while as i would like to join another group. I am disappointed at her attitude to anew commer and wondering if she has lost interest in the group as she has started another business recently and this is taking a lot of her time.
I shall try one more time i think and decide.

Hey you need to be positive and have faith in yourself - you will be fine and bet you will dazzle them :)

Week 4 day3

Haven't been on here for almost a week. Feeling a bit down in the dumps...no reason !!
I guess the interview (due next week) is playing on my mind. I am very nervous when it comes to presentation and interviews.I know that they have an internal candidate and when i went for an informal pre-interview visit they were not very welcoming. I now don't want this job but i am advised to go to it for practise.

Have been 100% on the diet despite many times where I could have just gobbled down anything that was in my view. I thought that as weeks went by it would get easier but certainly for me this is not how it is panning out to be.
Yet again I have not seen my LLC. She promised to be there this week but sent a message that due to personal circumstances she could not.
Are LLC's completely independent or are they regulated by LL. I feel that i am wasting 72 pounds every week as there are plenty of other VLCD that are cheaper. Don't know what to do really.
My group is full of inspirational girls ...they have all been on here for over 3 months , but i have no new starters.
Feel a little let down by LL. I looked at another counsellor and she charges an extra 15pounds reg fee....is this something anyone else has come across?? I am skeptical about her as if does this kind of thing then i am not sure what other hidden charges i will incur once i enroll with her. I dont want to shift from group to group.
I am keeping my fingers crossed and want to get through this week OK. I usually eat and eat when i am stresses and i am really very stressed at his time. It doesnt help when i dont have anyone who understands how i am feeling as for most people around me take such things quite easily. I have to now go and buy a formal suit and i am dreading this. I never wear trousers because of my size and there are hardly any suits around with skirts that are suitable for those with big bums !!

On the brighter side of things ...My WI on monday - 3.7 pounds down.

on the verge said:
Week 4 day3

Haven't been on here for almost a week. Feeling a bit down in the dumps...no reason !!
I guess the interview (due next week) is playing on my mind. I am very nervous when it comes to presentation and interviews.I know that they have an internal candidate and when i went for an informal pre-interview visit they were not very welcoming. I now don't want this job but i am advised to go to it for practise.

Have been 100% on the diet despite many times where I could have just gobbled down anything that was in my view. I thought that as weeks went by it would get easier but certainly for me this is not how it is panning out to be.
Yet again I have not seen my LLC. She promised to be there this week but sent a message that due to personal circumstances she could not.
Are LLC's completely independent or are they regulated by LL. I feel that i am wasting 72 pounds every week as there are plenty of other VLCD that are cheaper. Don't know what to do really.
My group is full of inspirational girls ...they have all been on here for over 3 months , but i have no new starters.
Feel a little let down by LL. I looked at another counsellor and she charges an extra 15pounds reg fee....is this something anyone else has come across?? I am skeptical about her as if does this kind of thing then i am not sure what other hidden charges i will incur once i enroll with her. I dont want to shift from group to group.
I am keeping my fingers crossed and want to get through this week OK. I usually eat and eat when i am stresses and i am really very stressed at his time. It doesnt help when i dont have anyone who understands how i am feeling as for most people around me take such things quite easily. I have to now go and buy a formal suit and i am dreading this. I never wear trousers because of my size and there are hardly any suits around with skirts that are suitable for those with big bums !!

On the brighter side of things ...My WI on monday - 3.7 pounds down.

Oh dear what a really rough start you have had. Part of the £72 pw covers the cbt counselling and you are entitled as we all are to a full service. It's a tough enough journey without the support of a good counsellor.

The £15 registration fee is a LL thing and it is for lifetime membership to LL, you should only pay this once, so if you have paid for it with your current LLC you should not pay again.

Fab that you have managed to stick to it so far and good losses :)

I would vote with my feet and check with the new LLC that she has proper groups, you need it as part if your support system. I am struggling with my LLC at the moment, group consists of 1 or 2 others which is not good for me

The support you will get here is fantastic, so posting will help you. Good luck with your interview, def go, one the experience and confidence boost, but also sometimes they have to go through the process for internal candidates, it could be they need fresh eyes coming in, so give it your best.

It's good that you have supportive girls in the group, so take inspiration from them and you will get through this rough start.
Jx

Thanks Julz for sharing your thoughts. I think i will do just that. Will try and visit the other groups and see if i feel comfortable there.
This forum has been my only real support - thank you guys !

Hmmmmm the interview _ I a not sure on that one. At the pre-interview visit I did not get the right vibes. We'll see. Have to sort this out in my head.

X

Hey honey - hope you re ok - keep smiling
x

Hello Pym,
I am doing good. The sun has really lifted my spirits and i am grateful for that. It has just been such a glorious day.
I dont usually work fridays but about a month ago had offered to step in for someone and guess what ....... I remembered at 8:45 am that i was supposed be at work for 9. Ha Ha....... just had to rush and so missed breakfast and lunch !! But have managed to have 2.5 packs today (my lil one toppled 1/2 my strawberry shake :( ). Went to the park this eve and ran around with the kids a ltlle. I am thinking of joining u guys with this shred thing u guys keeo writing about. How is it PYM ?? Is it any diff to all else in the market ?? Let me know.
Hope u keeping well. U ticker lokks good...keep it up girl!!

on the verge said:
Thanks Julz for sharing your thoughts. I think i will do just that. Will try and visit the other groups and see if i feel comfortable there.
This forum has been my only real support - thank you guys !

Hmmmmm the interview _ I a not sure on that one. At the pre-interview visit I did not get the right vibes. We'll see. Have to sort this out in my head.

X

I changed group yesterday, new LLC lovely and so are the girls, so happier now!
Jx

Hey Julz

Thats great news. Although i have only been with this group for 4 sessions i was getting apprehensive of changing to a new group. But i see that u have been able to do it and fell better for it. I guess i should just brave it.

Will update on the progress.

xx

Hello Diary

It has been such a long time since i visited. I have really missed not coming on here often enough.
Have had a tough month.
After giving my LLC 2 whole month ......I finally decided to change. I realized that i have been abstining from food but my thought had not changed. I had a planned small lapse on my husbnad big surprise birtdhday but since then it has become very difficult.
Now whenever i am feeding my kids I tend to taste food and quite honestly end up feeling miserable at the end of the day. SO I decided that if LL promises CBT for the money I am paying I better get it. As I have hardly ever seen my initial LLC I went to another one and she seemed very surprised !

I have now started a new group ! I did not even know that we have a module book every 4 weeks and we discuss a topic every week and take home food for thought !

So here I am in the new group with discussions on a weekly basis.I am hoping it will help me with crooked thinking and I wash happy that this is what we will be tackling in the module for this month !

I have kept losing weight and do fell so much happier now. I brought down (from the attic) a pile of clothes I wore about 6 yrs ago ....and now can wear them again. Every one at work have been throwing compliments !

SO I really need to stay focused and change my thoughts about food.

Enough about me.
I hope all my LL friend on minimins are doing well ! I am going to catch with your diaries soon.

Hellp Pym..I have seen that u r doing very well indeed ! Only 9lbs to go and it will def come off in time ! I wish u all the best >

Hey otv!!! Great to hear from you, wondered where you'd gone!!
Glad to hear you've got a new and improved class, and sorry ur last LLC was such a numpty! Hope the cbt helps you out as I'm sure it will!!

Congrats on wearin the new/old clothes!! Bet you look fantastic!!!

Keep us updated, an well done!!!
Xxxxx

Hey honey, So glad u r back, I have missed you. I'm glad u r back on track and that u r getting into smaller clothes: I bought my Christmas party dress last week it's a 12!!!!!! I'm So pleased , I'm going to lose another 7lbs and then move onto maintenance, hopefully all goes well and that will be on the 6/12, I can't wait!!!!!!
Can't wait to catch up with how u r getting on
Take care Hun xxx
Jodes, miss you too, I think the last few weeks have been busy for all of us
Good luck, keep it up girls xxxxxx

Back