my little boy is off to France!!

Sez

has started again!!
Actually, not that little, he was 13 about 4 weeks ago!! But it is the first time he has been out of the country without us, and I am being really soft and worrying already that he will be ok!

He is going on a school trip to Bayeux. I have to take him to school tomorrow morning for 5 o'clock!!!!!! (Oh and I am also working tomo as well......no idea what kind of day..lets hope the little darlings behave to perfection!!LOL) Then he wont be home until 23.15 on Saturday! The school have absolutely stressed NO mobile phones, as the children have a tendency to call home and worry thier parents of the slightest thing seems out of order in their world! So, no contact means no problems unless I get an emergency call.

I am going to miss the little chap, bless him, even though most days he and I have a flare up over homework, his room (bio hazard!) or over indulgence in Warhammer 40k.

I guess its a Mum's duty to worry isnt it...??

Anyway, off to bed myself, I can hear that 4.15 alarm call even now!!

:nightf::nightf::nightf::nightf::nightf::nightf:

Actually, not that little, he was 13 about 4 weeks ago!! But it is the first time he has been out of the country without us, and I am being really soft and worrying already that he will be ok!

He is going on a school trip to Bayeux. I have to take him to school tomorrow morning for 5 o'clock!!!!!! (Oh and I am also working tomo as well......no idea what kind of day..lets hope the little darlings behave to perfection!!LOL) Then he wont be home until 23.15 on Saturday! The school have absolutely stressed NO mobile phones, as the children have a tendency to call home and worry thier parents of the slightest thing seems out of order in their world! So, no contact means no problems unless I get an emergency call.

I am going to miss the little chap, bless him, even though most days he and I have a flare up over homework, his room (bio hazard!) or over indulgence in Warhammer 40k.

I guess its a Mum's duty to worry isnt it...??

Anyway, off to bed myself, I can hear that 4.15 alarm call even now!!

:nightf::nightf::nightf::nightf::nightf::nightf:

Awww - know what you mean...bet he'll have a fab time.. it's our job to help them grow to be independent...but it's sure not easy letting them go...:rolleyes:

hugs to you.....

Debz
xx

Aww he'll have a ball Sez. My kids went off to Europe with the school when aged 11 - it was a great learning experience for them!

Whatever you do, don't kiss him goodbye in front of his mates - he'll never forgive you.

Awww he will love it, but as a mum its hard as you are used to being around for them when needed.....!

:D He will enjoy himself, mine went to Paris for a whole week last year, and a trip to Disneyland Paris included, i wish we had school trips like that when i was at school, my Daughter is going next year £380 for a week away, all i ever did at school was look around HMS Victory in Pompey Dockyard. :rolleyes:

It is a fantastic oppurtunity and he will have a wonderful time.

Sure is a mother's duty to worry, don't think that will ever change regardless of age.

Love Mini xxx

:D He will enjoy himself, mine went to Paris for a whole week last year, and a trip to Disneyland Paris included, i wish we had school trips like that when i was at school, my Daughter is going next year £380 for a week away, all i ever did at school was look around HMS Victory in Pompey Dockyard. :rolleyes:

Well, its 5.30 am, and he's gone, happy as larry, whoever he may be! IKWYM re school trips, as the only one I remember is a trip to a local ruin, Corfe Castle, for half a day!

AJ, I regret I did kiss him goodbye, but I wasnt the only Mum who did that embarassing act so I hope to be forgiven!!

Right, pc was on as OH is downloading, but as no-one else is there, I am going to have a cuppa and and a quiet hour on the sofa before OH and daughter surface!! (OH suggested going back to bed, but I just cant once I'm up.)

Boy will I be tired tonight.....

Have a good day all!!

Glad that he's got off okay, he'll have a great time :)

My 13 year old spent a couple of days in London last week on a school trip - house was a lot tidier and quieter while he was gone but it was great to have him back.

Cath

He'll be fine; my 14 yr old went to France when 11, then again this Easter and has another 2 trips this year (battlefields and canoeing)! He's getting quite a taste for it. And it does help them mature (a bit anyway).

He'll be fine; my 14 yr old went to France when 11, then again this Easter and has another 2 trips this year (battlefields and canoeing)! He's getting quite a taste for it. And it does help them mature (a bit anyway).

Oh I know! Its not the first time he's been away, as he has done the whole boy scout thing, camping etc. I was just a bit twichy as its his first time abroad without us. I am certain he will have a great time and not think about us at all!! (and the weather forecast for the area is fantastic for the week, up to 30degreesC predicted for Friday! Jammy devil!!)

Still this will prepare me for next year when my then 9 year old does a week away with her school, at a residential centre, and then Jake will be planning a trip to Florida in a couple of years. The upper school he joins in September always take their kids to do the whole Disney thing...... Better start saving now!!

Back