my little doggie sid is poorly

lol dont you just love bath times. i always end up wet through to and smelling of wet dog...yuck!

yes indeed my dogs are my furry babies lol, would give every last penny i have to get them better.

thank god for this forum, its keeping me sane todayx

lol dont you just love bath times. i always end up wet through to and smelling of wet dog...yuck!

yes indeed my dogs are my furry babies lol, would give every last penny i have to get them better.

thank god for this forum, its keeping me sane todayx

You can not put a price on them !!! The money might be hard come by when we are faced with vet bills, but from somewhere we find and never begrudge it.

Is he more sttled now ?

hes just sleeping and more sleeping. i keep checking he is still breathing :rolleyes: i do worry to much i think!

long night ahead for me i think lol not much sleep

xxxxx

Sleep is a great healer.

You try and get some to Emma. You could set your alarm for every couple of hours if you want to check him. You will be no good to him tomorrow if you are worn out. He could just want a long , happy walk tomorrow,

sleep well, both of you xxx

One of my Jack Russels, Poppy - my baby girl, ate 2 whole bars (big ones, like the ones for sharing) of galaxy choc yesterday whilst me and OH were out at work. I found the wrappers when I got home. I was soooo scared coz choc can be fatal to dogs and she's such a tiny little thing and had ate so much. She was sick and had the runs all last night, I had to keep getting up during the night to let her out, she was shaking loads too. Luckily she's ok now and is back to normal i.e. sleeping on my lap! My dogs are my babies and I'd be devastated if anything happened to them, so I know how you feel hun. I'm crossing my fingers for wee sid, but I think he'll be ok xxx

thanks sue shall take your advice.

nice walk for us in morning your right x

Hi, sorry to hear about sid,
hope he's much improved tomorrow.

How is he?? First thing I thought this morning
I don't mean the marrow bone itself, I mean quantities, I think sometimes we forget that dogs would not ordinarily eat cooked meat, bones etc. and we tend to give them things like beef, pork, when in reality they would more likely have chased down and eaten a rabbit than a cow (lol), although if you saw what my dogs put away I sometimes doubt that theory. So its easy for them to overdose on food they like, my two love offal, which is very good for them, but again, its very rich in minerals, proteins etc. and too much can easily make them ill. Did that make any sense? Anyway, am off to work but will try and get on sometime today to see how he is... hope he's loads better xx

Me too, another that has come here first before doing anything else.

How is he ??? I hope he is ready for that good long walk this morning.

Good advice Pam, we do tend to overdo things with them all in the name of love. Mine get chicken, cooked fresh every day with rice cooked in the liquor and a mix. My Great Danes get sardines in sunflower oil with rice and biscuits in the mornings and they love them. They have the chicken in the evening.

I now have a mental image of a Great Dane with a fishing rod, sat on a river bank fishing for there breakfast lol.

dog-fishing.gif

Let us know how Sid is getting on hun. Really hope he's better today. X

Hiya Chubbyemma I've only just seen this thread, its awful when your furbabies are ill. I hope little sid-licious is feeling much much better now love Piglet xx

Ps All my fur babies end up being called something-licious cos they are all darlings and de-licious! Current one is called Teddy-licious! xx

hi all

Thanks girls for asking about wee sid it brought a tear to my eye.

set my alarm every hour and got up through night to see if sid was ok and get him to drink and comfort him i could here poor fella wimpering in the night,

This morning he is def a bit brighter, def not out of woods and very sorry for himself and not moving, but he has not been sick since yesterday and he is cool now, yesterday his little body was burning hot and sweaty.

he is as we speak snuggled in his fluffy blanket resting cause i made him get up for a wee!!! and hes knackered now.

shall ring vets and ask tell them how he is and ask what the next step is.Need to get him eating again i think now.i have tablets here for him but cant get them down his neck as he wont eat.

it was your thoughts and good will i bet sent wee sid on his road to recovery. thanks girls

sid-licious says hi to you all to x

Lots of love and big juicy hugs to you and Little Sid-licious! So glad hes a bit better today. Can you hide the tablet in something lovely perhaps? Feels a bit mean to force it down him with a push-it-down-ya-throat-gadget-thing which is the only other thing I can think of.

Lots of furry hugs Piglet xx

Hi Emma, that's great he's a bit brighter. I can just imagine him all cuddled up nice and warm. I find with Murphy he takes his tablets ok if I coat them with a little bit of jam or wrapped up in a wee bit of meat. Maybe try them in something you know Sid really likes. Fingers crossed he picks up even more during the day and is back to his cheeky self very soon. xxx

The Patient wee sid-licious,

Attachments

• 14092010519.jpg
    14092010519.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 50
Back