My "little" jeans are too big!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by fatpossum, 18 May 2007 Social URL.

1. fatpossum

fatpossum Silver Member

For the past 7 years I have measured by size by way of a size 14 pair of Dorothy Perkins jeans. When I could wear them out and about I was "just right"; when they were tight I needed to "watch out"; when the muffin top took over it was "oh gawd"! and when I couldn't zip them up it was "emergency time".

Well now the JEANS are TOO BIG!!!!!!!!!! Oh joy!!

But what do I use as a gauge now?

Before, when I could wear the jeans I felt "slim enough" but now being even littler I don't feel slim enough.

I have worked out that the difference is that now I know what I weigh!

When I didn't know what I weighed (hadn't been on a scales for about 2 years before LL because I found that my mood for any given day would be dictated by whether I weighed heavier or lighter than the day before!) I went by how my clothes fitted and how I looked in the mirror.

Now that I know what the scales says it's a different matter.

But still "THE JEANS ARE TOO BIG" :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I'm sure I will process the 'other stuff' over time.
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. 10stonesize10

10stonesize10 Member

4. In search of me

In search of me Silver Member

Great news! Just get a smaller pair & go with th same rules!!
  5. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    I've just put on a size 14 fitted top that I bought 6 years ago that I have never fitted into (it was the only one available and I loved it so much that I always told myself that I would slim into it!) So yes - I'm sort of wondering where I go from here. I've never had 'skinny jeans' like the ones you have - my weight has always fluctuated too much for that to work. But I think when I get down to BMI 21.5 I may get myself a pair of beautifully cut size 10 designer jeans (but in a classic style that will last from year to year) and use those the the waistband test.

To be honest, I love fitted dresses and vintage clothes so the final test might be managing to fit into a proper 1950s wasp-waisted dress.

Maybe you could start looking for something very fitted and glamourous that you will treat yourself to once you are a size 10 and use that one perfect beautiful thing when you have stabilised.
  6. IslandBreeze

IslandBreeze Castaway

Fantastic! Well done you. Very inspirational to the rest of us. Must dig out my "small" jeans.
  7. tishtosh

tishtosh Hopeful for the future

Well done FP!!
    What a dilemma to have eh? And I'm sure you'll find a very satisfying solution to it too!

8. carla

carla Full Member

Excellent! What an exciting feeling. I think i'll have to find my skinny jeans and hang them up as inspiration. Mine are a size 12 pair of Miss Sixty jeans - haven't fit since uni! :cry:

Thanks for letting us know - such motivation to hear about other people doing it! :D
  9. girlygirl

girlygirl Silver Member

Fabulous. You must be thrilled.

Yeah - you might need to buy a smaller size jean and use that as your guideline!
  10. Betty Boo

Betty Boo Full Member

Lighter Life
    Well done, thats great news.

Go out and treat yourself to a smaller size and then go buy how they fit from now on, after all you do deserve it.

Keep up the hard work xx :)
  11. fatpossum

fatpossum Silver Member

Hi Chaps,

I managed to get into a size 12 jeans today - such a good feeling. They did have a degree of stretch but they were still a size 12 and my butt did look good :D !

I think that this is a great diet - seeing fast results keeps me hooked.

My aim for this Summer is to be able to wear a pair of shorts and a bikini top (not around town but on the beach) - I don't know if I will get to that stage but I am giving myself until the end of July! One can only try.
  12. tommee2004

tommee2004 Full Member

Lighter Life
    Well done all - that is amazing.

I remember the day when I got into a 40 and that was a magic day, you can imagine the excitement when I bought my first pair of 34" jeans from River Island. AMAZING FEELING.

WELL DONE!!!! :D:D:D
  13. cheerydino

cheerydino Full Member

Lighter Life
    Well done, FP!!! That is so exciting!!! :D
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.