My LL journey without management!!.......

Stardreamer

Supportive
Hello to all you lovely fellow dieters!!

Some of you may already know about my new life after shredding almost 4 stones.

I completed my 100 days of SS in January and loved loosing the weight and feeling great.
I then started management and remained with it for just 2 weeks. It was difficult justifying the LL fee, after weight loss,to my hubby and he wasn't as supportive as he had been whilst on the 100 day program. I also wanted to break free from the control of lighterlife. I had had enough of it.

Therefore I had to go it alone without my group, my councellor and Lighterlife.:cry: But I still keep in contact with a fantastic member of my group who will be my wonderful friend for life.

This journey began mid February and I was absolutely terrified about putting food in my mouth, infact I was obsessed about it.

Ten weeks on and I have maintained my weight really well. At the end of the day food is just food!! You eat when you are hungry but not when you are emotional. So much of my previous over eating was because I was worried, stressed or just bored. My emotions dictated what I put into my body and the quantity was as if I was eating for 2 people!!

I absolutely love my new life. I am a happier, confident, healthy and slimmer person.

I am adding a previous post to this thread for you to have an extra insight into my journey.

I just want to add that without the support of Minimins I do not think I would have stuck with Lighterlife and maintained my current weight. I love this site and still lurk every single day!! Thank you Minimins!!:)

The following text I posted yesterday................

I am still maintaining my weight although I do have good days and bad days. But it all comes down to choices. I find it especially hard when it is TOTM and when stressed. I don't feel that I get as stressed as I used to. I am more calm and take "time out" quite a lot.

I am still a size 12 and this morning weighed 10 stones 5lbs which I am really happy with. When I am having a bad day with food I drinks lots of water the next day and am very concious about what I eat.

A couple of weeks ago I introduced brown bread and I had marmalade with it and chose not to have any butter/marg.
Infact I neved have butter or marg now.

The following 2 days I had the worst pain in the lower left part of my stomach which was so bad that I considered it to be apendicitus. Having looked at my diet I can only put this down to the bread. I must now have an intolerance to it so have now not included it in my diet. This is a blessing in disguise as it was a real trigger food for me.

I still choose not to have milk in tea/coffee. Instead with bran flakes I have natural yougurt or muller light.

Another piece of good news is that the terrible and dreaded hair loss stopped about a month ago and I am no longer taking the holland and barrett hair loss tablets. I was really worried about my hair loss but am so happy that it has stopped. This, for me, was the worst symptom of a VLCD.

I would again like to stress that there can be successes from Lighter life without having to do the whole management programe. The real test for me will be next January as the longer I can maintain the better the chances of remaining slim, happy and healthy.

I am so looking forward to my three week family holiday in Spain this year. Last year I was an absolute misery to be around. I just sat on the beach mat the whole time too embarresed to get up or go in the sea.
This year I will be in my size 12 costume without a sarong!!!! Yipee!!! Walking up the beach, crabbing with my two little darlings, swiming in the sea and really enjoying the water park!!

Loosing weight was the best thing I have ever done. My dream has really come true!!

Good luck to all you fellow dieters. Your wishes and dreams are just around the corner!!
xx

well done xxxxxx glad youve managed to keep it off and enjoy that fab holiday in the size 12sxxxxx

Hiya tracy,
what a lovely post :p

Am truly happy for you, what a difference this years holiday will be :D

Well done :)

Wow Tracy what a great post glad you are happy with your weight now hope you have a really fab holiday. I to think that my hubby will struggle with the management costs when they arise in 5 weeks time so will have to sit and have a good think about wether or not I should do it, if you have any more tips please post them they will be really helpful of all you fellow dieters. Keep strong and slimmer.:D

Thats so positive. Well done and all good vibes for the future, you deserve it!!

Well done Tracy, you have come a long way and achieved your goal.
You are very positive & obviously loving life now, you are an inspiration, thankyou.

Good for you. I don't think it is inevitable that people wil put weight back on if they don't do management - they just need to have learned the lessons from the counselling. But I still think I will need to do management and see it through to the end. A few of us in our group intend to keep coming beyond management too.

Back