My Meringue Nest Affair!

So a month has passed since I restarted Slimming World and although I am doing it without being a member this time it is going surprisingly well!

I started at 13st 11lbs and this morning I am 12st 9.5lbs!

I thought that I had better start a diary as the first few weeks are always the easiest for me, it's now that it starts to get tricky and the weight loss less amazing!

Anyway, the title. I had better explain that!
I am convinced that the reason I have done so well this time round is that my cupboards are never short of a box of meringue nests!

Meringue nests? Why are you eating those??? my OH snorts periodically. Well, they are in fact my secret weapon. My ridiculously sweet treat that cures all hints of any sugar craving that I may have!

I can see them now, peeking out of their plastic box on top of the shelf but no, I will leave them till tonight. The evenings have always been my downfall and I find that even if I am stuffed full at tea time then an hour later I am craving something to eat again. This is when my small white disc friends come in - one or two of them while curled up on the sofa stops all sweet cravings dead!

So, wish me luck. I hope my secret weapon continues to deliver results.

Now to find the dentist's phone number, I have terrible toothache ;)

Not so smug now!

Well it would seem that my earlier happiness of doing so well was short lived! I'm having a bad day!

It started this morning when I had some time to kill and I made the mistake of visiting a cafe for a cuppa, unfortunately this led to a toasted tea cake with 2 (yes 2!!!) small packs of butter on it!

And now as I sit and type I am battling a seriously MASSIVE craving for chocolate! This is actually the first time during this diet that I have really wanted chocolate and to make it worse I could've actually had some if I hadn't had that stupid tea cake!

I'm going to try a meringue nest even though I'm over my syns already, at least it may satisfy the sweet need till the shop over the road is closed! Must resist!!!! :cry:

Ok so I just started writing my food diary for today and it is too depressing and might lead me to the shop!

Tomorrow is another day!

2 lb gain :(

My fears were correcy and after spending all evening feeling 'fat' I got on the scales this morning and I have put on 2 lbs :cry:

I know I shouldn't worry until my actual weigh in day but we all do it :eek:

Going to try to be extra good today

Good day :)

Well yesterday was a far better day...

Breakfast: Banana

Lunch: Tuna mayo sandwich made with 1/2 tblsp ex light mayo (1/2 syn) and 2 x nimble bread (HE B)

Tea: Some leftover rice creation (free)
Jacket potato with beans, bacon and cheese (28g HE A)

Snacks: banana, melon
2 X meringue nests (5 syns)
milk for tea (2 syns)
Sugar for tea (3 syns)

Total syns: 10.5

I did think about that earlier actually - might have to attempt it this weekend! I'm not sure if the sweetner would affect the way the meringue cooks though :confused:

I will investigate!

Considering it was Friday treat night yesterday went quite well and other than the extra bag of crisps I am quite pleased

Breakfast: Banana

Lunch:
Prawn mayo sandwich made with extra light mayo (1/2 syn) and 2 x nimble (HE A)
Shape 0% yoghurt
packet of squares (5 syns)
Apple

Tea:
Fresh sea bass baked in oven with lemon
New potatoes with garlic and butter (1 syn)
Samphire fried in butter (1 syn)

Apple and banana

snacks: packet of squares (5 syns - couldn't resist :mad: )
Milk for coffee (HE B)
Sugar for coffee: (1 syn)

Total syns: 13.5 :eek:

Ugh think this diet is going to take a bit of a battering over the next few days. OH lost his job today so what with me being made redundant last week we are not doing so well!

I'm afraid a chocolate brownie pudding has been purchased!:break_diet:

Back