Step2 810kcal My metamorphosis

Day 1: Hello :)

I have made a commitment to following the Cambridge diet for a minimum period of 12 weeks with an aim to lose 3 stone initially. I have been advised to start on Step 2 or 810.

It will not be my total weight loss but is a long enough period to require a commitment and then I can review my next steps. I simply can’t think about the whole thing in one go and they say the best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time.

My intention is to be 100% but I recognise I am human and my mind will have its own little way of getting round my resolve. If I wobble it is straight back on it.I refuse to spend this much money on something to allow myself to fail it.

My mind set feels different. I separated 2 years ago and spent those 2 years dealing with my guilty feelings, thoughts that I should have tried harder and all such other nonsense. I think I have reached a point of acceptance now. Dealt with all the old thought patterns and responses and am in a really good place emotionally and spiritually. All that is left to do is to shape my body to reflect my inner beauty . It’s not just about physical appearance though it is about health. I imagine I am teetering on the edge of obesity related illness such as diabetes; I ache and can hardly bend down to pull my tights on. It’s just not a pretty picture. According to the special scales my Cambridge lady had I am around 50% fat so losing 42 pounds of fat means I will have lost 15 % of this physical burden. To break it into smaller chunks my average weight loss per week needs to be 3.5 pounds. So I need to keep my eye on the bigger picture and not let individual weigh in disappoint me or allow me to become complacent.

• So here I am a countdown on my phone to count the 12 weeks.
  • Weight tracker on here to monitor my 42 pounds.

• A pinterest board to save recipes
  • A diary here to waffle and develop a support network
  • Average target weight loss goals 3.5 pounds per week

Good luck to you!!!!! So many people have lost so much weight on cambridge AND maintained, I truly believe that it CAN be done!! And yes, you're right, the thought of so much weight to lose is overwhelming but I promise you, every 7lbs makes a difference and gives you the motivation to carry on. I'm the same as you, I'm on the brink, my blood pressure is creeping up and I had gestastional diabetes in my last pregnancy. This IS it. I have around 6 stone to lose but I'm going to bloody enjoy it lol xxx

HI Scooterchick. Thank you for your encouragement, I already have high blood pressure but am hoping the weight loss will help me get off medication for it. I reckon we can both make it happen for us this year :) x

So Day 3 and all seems to be going well.....will lose wight just going up stairs all the time to pee. Slight headache but paracetamol saw it off.
Made a lovely chicken cabbage spring onion with ginger and chilli....hope it keeps on like this (apart from the toilet trips lol)

So Day 3 and all seems to be going well.....will lose wight just going up stairs all the time to pee. Slight headache but paracetamol saw it off.
Made a lovely chicken cabbage spring onion with ginger and chilli....hope it keeps on like this (apart from the toilet trips lol)

I hear you on the toilet front (not literally :D)!!
My whole day today was punctuated with little trips - and that was before I drank two liters then hopped into bed... so not much sleep tonight I think!!

Keep it up - you are almost over the mid week hump and at weigh in results :)

Good luck Metamorphosis. I'm with you for the next 12 weeks. It's my birthday in April so I would LOVE to have something to celebrate. With all this support you'll get there

xXx

Good luck Metamorphosis. I'm with you for the next 12 weeks. It's my birthday in April so I would LOVE to have something to celebrate. With all this support you'll get there

xXx
Hi :) are you doing the 810 too? x
So I just done 5 days and is all good.. ...occasional headache that I know is when I am at work and struggling to get to drink my water if going from meeting to meeting....but then I am ok when I catch up. I didn't like the rice pudding much so managed to get that swapped for the choc mint which I am loving....can't wait for Sunday to get weighted .

Day 8. Feeling pretty good about it. Started to crochet to keep my mind off not having my usual Friday night wine..so many habits. Found it ok so far. Bit difficult cooking for my boys and not being able to do a simple taste check...not because I want to eat it just to check it tastes ok or needs something adding....but have done it so far...100% . Have a party to go to to tonight and there will be food. So am going to have to swerve that somehow and just stick to my water ....specially as it's weigh in tomorrow !!

Ok so its a week on....horrendously busy week this week with a long old day to London from Liverpool and back for work ...found that difficult as using the tube isnt good when you drink a lot of water so something had to give. Should have got some tetras....anyway managed to swerve a wine and nibbles temptation.
Suffered very bad from constipation but have managed to get on top of that now as well......fingers but not legs crossed lol.....anyway the sum result of all this is that when I got on the scales this week.......another 5 pounds off...... So thats 16 pounds.....1 stone 2 pounds gone in 2 weeks. One more week till I go to Dubai so can shift a bit more before then....will stick to high protein low carb as much as possible whilst away then straight back on the shakes.

Last edited:
Weigh in day today ...After a works trip to Dubai...Tried to eat within the principles of the protein and carbs....walked for miles....back on track now for last 3 days so am hoping it's ok news on the scales ☺....wish me luck lol

Back