My name is Carol

c45carol

Hi all, my name is Carol and I am 51 years old and I live in Spain, and work in Gibraltar and
here its the Cambridge 800.
I need to loose 20 kilos. I have just picked up my soups and shakes from my consultant, €197 worth for 1 month.
I am determined to do this as
a) its expensive and
b) i need to get in my size 12/14 clothes I have in my wardrobe and
c) i had a hip replacement a year ago and its still not good so need to take some weight off my joints.
I think the problem I may have is drinking 3 litres of water, at present I don't drink that a week so not looking forward to that bit.
I am looking forward to meeting new people on here for a chat and support.

Welcome Carol:welcome2:

I moved your post to here as it will only get lost on Sinead's thread...I hope you don't mind.

Losing weight should help with your hip...I know my knee is feeling a lot better lately since I dropped a couple of stone.

The recommended water intake is 2.5litres/4 pints in addition to the water used to mix your shakes...it is best to drink your water throughout the day and over the next few days you will get use to it...you can count your tea and coffee as well.

Good luck on your CD journey and you will be back into your size 12's before you know it!

Good to have you with us and if you need any help please ask:)

HI, thank you, I have never been on a forum before so 'im a bit lost.
this was recommended by my consultant to read, i think the english one is a little different to the spanish one as it is 800 calories a day.
thanks again.

Welcome to the forum - it's the one thing which has kept me going through cd. As far as water is concerned, I used to hate it but I now have no problem - I just sip it throughout the day and by bedtime 3 litres have usually gone down without me noticing and I now have a taste for sparkling mineral water. My knees used to click when I climbed the stairs but not anymore. Good luck!

Hi Carol, welcome to CD! I'm your age and started late Feb and have lost 19kg so far, againt a target of 25kg by end July. Also, I'm an American living in the Netherlands. When I started with CD, I had the option of doing 500 or 800 and chose 500, which I've been doing (more or less) ever since. My diary is in the CD diaries because I am not always 100% and food gets mentioned.

One of the differences I've noticed is that UK CD'ers have a higher calorie week every 12 weeks - in NL it is supposed to be every 4 weeks. Also, weights on this site are posted in stone, which I struggle with as I'm forever recalculating!

This forum is great for finding ideas (such as putting a dash of cinnamon into the original porridge), getting support when you're struggling and for inspiration.

You can definitely achieve your 20kg by Christmas - probably even before! Good luck!

Tizzy -I assumed everyone on the forum was half my age! I kind of regretted putting my year of birth after my name (which is actually my mother's dead dog's name - I'm Anne!). I shouldn't have worried! I'm not suggesting we're old - just nice to know I'm not the odd one out!

Hi Carol,

I have posted to you earlier on, but I can't find hat bread. But I asked u if you'd like to be my diet buddy as I have about 20 kilos to lose and I thought it would be easier if we did cd together.
Im on my 2nd day :)

hi that would be great, i am on face book, carol souter and i live in spain, I started today had two shakes and mushroom soup with 55 grams of mushrooms in it, cant beleive i am not hungry, struggled with the water though :)

thankyou, everybody is so friendly on here :) i have not told many people i am doing cambridge as they dont have a good view of low diets, but i am giving it my all to succeed at this once and for all :) i found today hard with the water, had two shakes and the mushroom soup with 55grams of chopped mushrooms in it, i had to force myself to make the soup i was not hungry and not used to that feeling :)

Carol - a lot of us haven't told anyone that they're doing CD. I didn't tell anyone for the first month or so, and then it started to become obvious. Mostly, tho', I haven't told my family in the US, so when I go to visit them in 3 weeks time, they will be (I hope) gob smacked! :D

When people who aren't close to me ask, I just tell them I've cut out all sugar, bread, pasta and potatoes - essentially that I'm low carbing. It isn't far from the truth, as all those things have been cut out and CD is protein based.

You will get used to drinking the water - I find I wake up very thirsty and with a dry mouth. I think ketosis makes you want water as well, if only to get rid of the dry mouth and process the CD products. The soup with chopped mushrooms in it sounds good! :p

Welcome to the forum - it's the one thing which has kept me going through cd. As far as water is concerned, I used to hate it but I now have no problem - I just sip it throughout the day and by bedtime 3 litres have usually gone down without me noticing and I now have a taste for sparkling mineral water. My knees used to click when I climbed the stairs but not anymore. Good luck!

Yes, there are a lot of younger women on here which I think is great! I wish I had done this years ago, but then again, my head wasn't in the right place and I didn't know anything like this existed. However, I'm sure there are all ranges of age here - being overweight is pretty much an equal opportunity problem! :sigh:

I'm just sticking with the shakes and soups at mo, my CDC said that the majority of people don't like porridge during there first two weeks as they still haven't fully entered ketosis and it doesn't taste that great when u come of normal food, but after a few wks they appreciate it more. I'll wait and c

Hi Carol! How're things going? You've been a little quiet lately. Hope all is well.

Back