My "need to lose weight to start a midwifery degree" diary

Aitee

I am a new member and I hope this diary will help me to lose weight. I am a perfectionist and as such I have huge problems with my weight loss. I start every day well and a minor error/cheat puts me off to the point that I may eat a big pizza and a pack of crisps at midnight...:cry:
I hope to get into Midwifery next year and I need to lose weight and get fit.
So my plan is to stick to SW foodwise, have at least 40 mins of gym/swim/classes per week and just DO IT.
Dont want to be an obese mum and a bad role model to my daughters:family2:, I dont want to shop in special shops, I dont want to be turned away from midwifery because I wont fit into a uniform and my back aches.
I want to have a healthy BMI.
:character00115:I want to enjoy fitness.:character00116:
I want to buy myself a slim fit red dress one day and feel great (I always wear black jeans and black tshirts :banghead:
I plan to have a week of EE and then start a mix of 4R, 2EE and 1G days.
I wear size 18/20 bottoms, size 24 tops.
I have around 7 stone to lose...

You can do it babe - but please don't not do the degree in something you love because of your weight. Use it as an encouragement because if you do slip up (as we ALL do) you'll be even more down on yourself and regret not doing what you wanted. There's always support on hand both in class and on these forums (I only joined yday and am so encouraged!!) and if you're losing weight and doing your degree fab! If not, don't let one ruin the other!

You can do it :)
xx

Ok, everything ready and I start tomorrow. I will try to go through each day on no more than 10 syns. And I need to start drinking water - I forget to drink and sometimes can go 2 days without a sip of a drink...
Please keep me motivated :)

Done not too bad yesterday...
B: Mullerlight with 28g Jordans Granola (have to finish the box) 6syns
L: Jacked potato with homemade beef bolognaise (beef, tinned tomatoes, Bovril, onion, garlic)
D: M&S chow mein - no idea but it had veggies, not too much sauce and it didnt taste greasy- assume no more than 8 syns?
Lost 0.6kg since last Tuesday so very happy!

I forgot to write a bit about myself...
40 years old, happy lady always with a smile on my face. I am forensic science graduate who wants to be a midwife - I was planning to study midwifery but changed my mind in last moment - now regretting it...
Hope to apply for a place in Notts Uni 2011.
I have a great husband, two daughters 4.5 and 6 and house full of pets.
Thanks for reading :)

Hello Aitee :) Lovely to read your story and see your motivation. We are all behind you 100% and will be until you reach your target!

If you would like to join a little support team/group, there is a link in my signature for a challenge - click through, add your name to the list and a target weight loss for September, then report back after each WI with your loss :) And it would be lovely to pop in and have a chat with you, get to know you a bit better! Feel free to accept or decline the offer - there are many other teams around and you may find another one that you prefer, but it would be lovely to keep in touch with you!

Ali xxx

Back