My new journey on SW!

chazz27xx

Hi everyone, im a newbie to SW,i will be joining my local class tomorrow, would be grateful for any support.
Some background on me...well i have been up and down with my weight for years, its something that really gets to me. A few years ago i lost 39lbs on ww but have since put it all back on and then some! I have tried countless diets and just cant seem to stick to anything. In January I started back at ww and have lost 17.5lbs but find myslef getting bored with the counting points so before i end up giving up i think its time to try something fresh.
So this brings me onto SW. I must admit I am really sceptical about it, it seems you can eat so much! I will have my first WI in tomorrow night and will be starting on tuesday!

xx

Wait til you've done it for a week, then you won't be skeptical, it does work despite being able to eat a lot. Good luck :)

Hello! Well done on your weight loss so far, that's great.

If you follow the plan it really will work! Pop in and let us know how you get on at class tomorrow :)

Well had my first WI lastnight and im raring to go. Ive just registerd online and been reading some of the inspiration stories, not that im needing any motivation!
I am so looking forward to eating things that I had to deprive myself of on WW as it was too high in points. Im having scrambled eggs and lean bacon for breakfast and steak and chips for tea!! It just doesnt seem right :) I feel like i will get weighed next Monday and have gained but ive been assured i wont! So here goes.......

I eat more on SW than i ever have done before! People always ask me at work how i'm losing weight when i'm eating a huge jacket potato with beans, cheese and salad for my dinner! It does work :)

Good luck with your journey, i'll look forward to seeing how much you've lost on your first WI! xxx

Hi Chazz,

Welcome to SW! Looking forward to reading up on your progress x

Thanks Ruby!

Well so far so good, had my breakfast and dinner, because of my shifts i tend to swap dinner and lunch around. Just in from work and dont even feel hungry! Im going to make some toast and cheese for my healthy a and b. Does anyone know if u have to eat these everyday? xx

Thanks Ruby!

Well so far so good, had my breakfast and dinner, because of my shifts i tend to swap dinner and lunch around. Just in from work and dont even feel hungry! Im going to make some toast and cheese for my healthy a and b. Does anyone know if u have to eat these everyday? xx

Sounds like you're off to a good start!

Yeah you should have your a's & b's every day as they provide your body with the calcium and fibre it needs :)

Yea its going good so far, still cant get used to the idea that I am allowed to eat so much though, im so used to starving myself and counting points!! I really need to put weight watchers out of my head!! xx

Yea its going good so far, still cant get used to the idea that I am allowed to eat so much though, im so used to starving myself and counting points!! I really need to put weight watchers out of my head!! xx

It's hard, isn't it? I was like that to start with as I did WW on and off for the previous 7 or 8 years. You will get used to it though :)

I hope i do!! Sorry to kepp asking you questions but do you have to use a certain amount of syns in a day too? I should have asked all this at the meeting but never thought about it til i was home xx

I dont go to group but from reading on here (and taking advise from a friend who went to group) you're supposed to have at least 5 syns a day. It stops you from feeling deprived and going off plan, apparently. You can have between 5 and 15 though xx

Ta Rachel, I never had any yest but will try fit some in somewhere today.

Well yest was a good day, for breakfast I had bacon,poached egg and beans then for tea it was steak, chips and salad! Lovin the SW chips! I had some toast before bed for my healthy a and b. One thing i noticed and liked was the fact that I didnt feel hungry at all at any time, that is defo a first for me! Hopefully today is the same, need to try and fit some more fruit in though!
xx

Can anyone give me any low syns recipies for deserts that you have tried, i have a bit of a sweet tooth and must admit i am really missing chocolate! xx

Hi Chazz,

Welcome, you will find a friendly help bunch here.

You can always have a bowl of cereal as HA&B. You can fit that in any time there are lots to chose from. Try to go for skimmed milk it gives you more.

Will post some recipes for you, I love my sweet stuff too.

Fresh fruit and mock cream..... This is 0% Greek yoghurt with a white chocolate option 2syns and sweetener lush. Use a small tub 200g to 1 pack of options and you can spread the syns.

Recipes to follow :D

Lemon Pudding

Lemon Pudding syn free

1 or 2 lemons
2 eggs
3 or 4tbsp sweetener
Quark or 0% Greek yogurt

Squeeze the lemon into a bowl with the 2 eggs, sweetener and mix together, place bowl over a pan of boiling water and keep whisking to its a thick constituent (custard looking) take off heat, mix in 1 tbsp of quark or Greek yogurt to make it more creamer, serve into small bowls, eat warm or cold, you can change the lemon for lime or orange.

Half Syn Roulard

Half syn Roulard

1 Tub of Quark (I use 2)
4 Eggs (I use 6)
5 tbls Sweetener (do it to your taste)
1 Tsp baking power (1/2 syn)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
Strawberries sliced or any fruit of your choice

Separate all the eggs. Mix the yokes with ½ tub of the quark, baking powder, vanilla & 4 tbsp sweetener & whisk

In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff, then whisk half the egg white into the other mixture. Fold in the rest of the egg whites.

Bake, on greaseproof paper, in oven 180 degrees 15-20 mins then leave to cool. Mix the 1 stbsp sweetener with the other ½ of the quark and spread onto the cake. Slice your fruit and spread out on the cake, then roll into a Swiss roll. There you go you can eat the lot for ½ a syn :)

Back