My new thread, my new me

It's all about attitude and getting the head sorted elie

Hi elie

Sorry you had a hard day yesterday, but well done for getting through it:hug99::)

and well done on all the rainbows!!!!!:D

I totally get where you're coming from with finding it hard to imagine yourself slim, I just cannot do it at all, I don't think I even know what my 'real' shape is:eek:

It's' not that I've been as big as I am for that long (though bloody well long enough:p) but I've had five children, and though before no.1 I was really quite slim with each child I have got bigger and bigger each time, and since I been having babies for my whole adult life;) I just don't know what the 'real' 'slim' me is like, well I'd like to find that out before I'm 30 which only gives me till the end of the year:eek:;)

Hopefully we can discover together, sounds like a great adventure to me:D

well, I had my WI ceremony this morning in the bathroom. I always use my own data on here as my CDC never weighs me at the same time of the day (or the week) so......

10lbs lost!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it! My February challenge is almost finished and my ticker looks so great :D

I am still craving food like crazy and I am still super hungry, but at least I have lost 10lbs. And I have lost 1.7% of fat: is this good?

I feel cheffed to be honest. I wouldn't have expected 10lbs, as the last time I was a slow "loser". I know I won't lose 10lbs next week but what a great loss :D

Elie xoxo

Water

Hi I don't know if this helps anyone to drink more water but I drink it as a hot drink. i know that it is absorbed better into your body as a hot drink and I find it almost impossible to drink cold water unless I am on a warm day and I have a mini water cooler for that. I like fruit/mint teas as well as hot water with fresh lemon or lime but the mug of hot water seems to help me to drink a lot more water than I normally would do.
4 weeks in and 15lbs loosed.

Thank you for your tip dragonwolf. I will have to try next week. If I don't like it, never mind, I will still have my berry water flavouring (can't wait for week 3 just for that, haha :drool: )

Elie xoxo

I just had a porridge (had to go and buy a microwave though, as we didn't have one :eek:) and OMG this is so good and filling! Next week, I shall order 2 porridge a day. It makes me feel alive again and it is so easy to prepare :D

(BTW, my new microwave is great, lol)

Still find it hard to drink though :(. I don't know what it is with me and water :confused:

Elie

Hi Elie

:wow:what a fantastic first week:talk017: :happy096:

You're right, it is all soooo worth it!:D

Glad you like the porridge, I find it a life saver, lol at having to by a microwave but I bet it'll be worth it's weigh in gold:D

So so pleased for you:hug99:

Thanks loved-up :)

My microwave was only £29 though, so I am not ruined :D

I could conquer the Everest today. I just wish I had more porridge now. Next week I will definitely take at least 2 a day :D

Elie xoxo

Hello people!

So, as you may have seen on another thread, I have a swollen "uvula" today (a new word I didn't know:)) and it has been midly painful so far. I have to gargle warm salted water and aspirin, as well as drinking a lot of water (but that's already the case :cool:). If it does not get better soon, I will go and see a nurse because I had a really bad strep throat some week ago, with very high fever and I really don't want this again :sigh:. It is probably due to my breathingthrough my throat at night, as the 2 other main causes are drinking alcohol or smoking, which I don't. It could be an infection as well, so that's why I will go and see a nure if it does not get better.

Diet-wise, all is good. I am feeling so much better now that I can have my porridge. I am drooling over it in advance :8855:

I hope you're all feeling great :D

Elie xoxo

Hi Elie, so sorry your not well:hug99:

Really really hope it clears up soon for you

Well done for still going strong on the diet despite being ill:D

I am so glad your loving the porridge, it has made such a difference to me too (and it's something I can eat in front of people so they think I'm eating 'real' food too ;):D) have you tried the apple and cinnamon? I think it's lovely, but I love the original too

10lbs lost!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it! My February challenge is almost finished and my ticker looks so great

Superb, absolutely brilliant. Well done elie.

Thanks Jim! I still can't believe it, I never had such a weightloss in my whole life :D

Loved-up, this is why I love the porridge too: I can eat it in the staffroom and actually everyone is admiring me for eating "healthy food" and plan on doing the same :rolleyes:. I bet ya that if I told them it was CD they would be all "oh no, that's bad, blah blah blah". So at the mo, I am like the healthy food saint, can't you see my halo shining :angel09::p

The sore "uvula" has now become a sore throat as a whole, so I have taken an appointment to see a nurse tomorrow. I am feeling very well at the moment though; and if it wasn't for my throat it would be perfect. For the 1st time in ages, I actually had a good night sleep. I went to bed at 11, and usually I would be exhausted in the morning. But this morning I felt great, the same as I was feeling when I was slim. I'm sure it's the vitamins: I didn't have enough before. But I want my throat checked, as it's my "professional tool" :p even if the medicines may slow down the weightloss. I can't really complain after a 10lb loss ;)

Today was great. I didn't speak much in class, and my pupils were all very nice and worked in silence :eek:. I thought for a while that they had been poisoned or something :D

I'm going to freeze a tetra to eat as ice cream to soothe my throat as I can't eat real ice cream anymore. ;)

Hope you all had a good day.

Elie xoxo

Reactions: Jim
Hello people

Well, I have a throat infection caused by a virus, so nothing much can be done (as it's a virus). So I keep gargling with salted water and aspirine. The nurse said that it should go away on its own. I feel sorry for myself thoguh :eek:. Today the kids worked in silence, but I felt sorry for them :(

Anyway, still on the diet and feeling good despite the throat.

Hope everyone is well.

Elie

UGH, not nice then Elie. get well soon love

Hi elie

so sorry you've been so poorly, really hope you get well soon:hug99:

and well done for sticking to the diet 100% even though you're ill, I hope it hasn't been too hard, but it'll certainly all be worth it:D

Back