My one week break - so far...

Weenie

So I was told to stop TFR on tuesday for a full week while I'm on antibiotics. :mad: I was very scared about putting all the weight back on but so far I've been quite sensible.

I'm almost certain that I will have a gain but I'm trying to minimise it at much as possible.

The problem I'm having at the moment is I'm not feeling like I'm getting all the nutrients that I was getting from the soups/shakes.

I've eaten salads and stir fries and a big veggie caserole etc but I dont feel like I'm getting full or like I have as much energy as before. :jelous:

I'm actually looking at this in a positive way though. I reckon it'll be easier to go back to TFR next week because I know I'll feel better for it.

It's made me seriously think about how I'm going to maintain once I get to goal and I honestly think I might have to split the week between eating and TFR (maybe one day food another shakes etc) that way my overall calorie intake for the week will be lower and combined with exercise I might have a shot at maintaining. :confused::confused::confused:

So anyway, roll on next week. I cannot wait to get cracking again and am in shock that I've not hit the crisps, chocolate, cheese and wine like I used to :D:D

are you following the LT refeeding programme at all? If so then you would still be having a shake or 2 per day and introducing carbs on day 3 i think...

What did pharmacy advise?

But hey, great work on not hitting the crisps etc ;)

Oh right. I guess I just think with the refeeding that at least you should still be getting all the nutrients that you would with the shakes.

Others may have some good advice :) are you having things like milk so you get calcium - and protein, carbs etc?

*elle_emm waits for someone else to jump in who actually knows about nutritional stuff* ;)

Make sure you have protein with each meal (lean meat/fish or eggs) to help keep you full- veg alone won't do it. Have small amounts of complex carbs (wholemeal bread/pasta/rice, potatoes) with at least one meal- preferably lunch as it'll give you the afternoon/evening to burn it off-they'll also help keep you fuller and not overload your glycogen stores (eaten in moderation!) before you go back on LT. Make sure you're keeping your fluid intake up too. Take a multivitamin if you're still worried- it won't do any harm.

Back