My partner is a wet blanket.

Zayna

I got home last night, really chuffed that I'd lost 9lb in my first week, and he said 'Well you will have, you haven't eaten for a week.'
:mad:
I asked him what he would be if he couldn't be a wet blanket. He said he thought I was stupid, dieting like this and that I'll just pile it all back on the minute I start eating again. I tried to tell him in a nutshell that I wanted a kick start, and he said it was a cheat start I was getting.

Why do men have to be like this? My sister was thrilled for me, I knew misery guts would have something to say but I expected it to be 'Where have you lost the weight from, you don't look any different'.

:boohoo:

Thank goodness for you guys is all I can say.

Zayna x

Does he have a problem with his weight? I only ask because a)men in general are a bit dim when it comes to weight loss and the reasons behind why us women are so driven by it and b)if he doesn't he'll have no idea what you're going through.

It doesn't excuse him not being supportive of you, however, so give him a ruddy great kick up the arse! :( x

I have this problem with my daughter
shes 15 and although i do not want to interfee with her eating habits i would appricate some support like if your going to eat please not in front of me

and the couple of times i have asked her to clear the plates or wash up when im feeling really low all i get is

"This is not my stupid diet why should i have to suffer"

Ahh, the joys of teenagers, eh? Cut off her pocket money until she complies with your wishes! lol Seriously though, perhaps sit her down and explain in detail why you are on this diet, the health implications of being overweight and how much it would help you if she would just help you out every now and again just for the first two weeks or so?

Either that or bribery ;)

He's a 6ft beanpole. Very active, eats whatever he likes. He can't understand what it's like to carry weight and how uncomfortable I was. His answer for everything is to exercise more and not 'sit on my ass all day'. I actually get paid to sit on my ass all day as I work on a computer - what am I meant to do, hang it round my neck and walk around the office with it?

And I know I hate exercise, but I look after a horse twice a day and ride whenever I can so that's an hours exercise every morning before work.

He's just rude, never seems to have anything nice to say to me yet swears he loves me to bits. :sigh:

In his favour though, he does try to eat when I'm not looking and has been very kind in that respect, he's had tea with his parents a few times and cooks his own meals and washes up after himself. Guess he's not all bad...:eek:

My fella is the total opposite hes been brill hes also talking about going to the chemist for his 1st pack on monday but hes weary of what happens when you reach target will you put it all back on i'v explained about maitainence and refeed and the way i see it when i'm at target i wont wanna go back to being big so i'l keep an eye on my weight and work hard to stay at target xx

That's why I tend not to tell people, it's my little secret! Everyone I have told has been scepticle, and they ALL say "thats too much weight to loose so quickly, you will put it all straight back on when you stop". To me that is just extra motivation to prove them wrong!

Unsurprisingly, my fellow fatties are more inquisative about how it works, where I get it, and how much it costs!!!

That's why I tend not to tell people, it's my little secret! Everyone I have told has been scepticle, and they ALL say "thats too much weight to loose so quickly, you will put it all straight back on when you stop". To me that is just extra motivation to prove them wrong!

Unsurprisingly, my fellow fatties are more inquisative about how it works, where I get it, and how much it costs!!!

That's another thing - I only told my parter, work colleague and my sister. He is telling everybody we meet why I'm not boozing / going out for dinner. It's proper getting on my nerves. :mad:

He's just scared because he knows full well that when you lose the weight you will look fab and you'll get more attention from other men!!! Thats all it is, so keep going stick your tongue out at him then you'll show him

Go you, my man is also a twat regarding my weight so I can sympathise! :D

Thing is, the first time he made his dinner he stood in the kitchen to eat it rather than torture me. But I look at it like he's making a martyr of himself. I've told him that him eating does not bother me one bit and it doesn't. If I wanted that food, I would eat it. It's my choice that I don't want it.
He did sit next to me last night with egg & bacon and asked me if I minded, I just repeated that if I wanted some, I'd have some.

By the way, this ketosis is fun isn't it? I'm freezing to death...

:gen125:

Hi Zayna,
Why not have a chat with him and explain that him eating is no problem at all (I had a very hard time convincing my husband of this) He's OK now.
Then make an agreement not to discuss the Lipotrim, either between yourselves or anyone else. This way, no nasty, undermining comments, or other people knowing all your business.
See what he says. Good luck xx.

well done u... what a fab loss zayna. u go girl :) ive got the same prob with my hubby...he thinks its not a healthy way to loose weight etc.... and like milktray, its my little secret now. i so think all uz who have said that hubbys arent much supportive are right in saying that they prob dont want us to get all the attention afterwards. dont worry, we've got each other. i hope i do as well as u are.

i hope i do as well as u are.

Well 9lb in my first week doesn't mean it will be the same in my second! As long as the numbers go down and not up, I'm not bothered... :)

Hi, I suspect he's scared you are going to be all glam and gorgeous and run off with the first fit man you meet! Men are oddly shallow sometimes and really just 'don't get it' They are so consumed by themselves they cannot see any other reason for dieting, they don't realise you might just want to look and feel good just for you. This is not a rant at all men, my hubby is a saint, but I know there are idiots out there and you just have to ignore them or.... run into the arms of the first fit bloke you meet ;)! Good luck, you are doing fantastic, keep it up!

Well done 9lbs is brilliant. My partner is the same he says he will support me on my diet but not happy with this one, he says he loves me the way i am. But sadly i don't love myself and have not done for a long time. But he is proud when i have lost weight.. I don't think men see weight as a problem if they have never experienced a big weight gain. Anyway good luck for next week x

I got home last night, really chuffed that I'd lost 9lb in my first week, and he said 'Well you will have, you haven't eaten for a week.'
:mad:
I asked him what he would be if he couldn't be a wet blanket. He said he thought I was stupid, dieting like this and that I'll just pile it all back on the minute I start eating again. I tried to tell him in a nutshell that I wanted a kick start, and he said it was a cheat start I was getting.

Why do men have to be like this? My sister was thrilled for me, I knew misery guts would have something to say but I expected it to be 'Where have you lost the weight from, you don't look any different'.

:boohoo:

Thank goodness for you guys is all I can say.

Zayna x

Well done on your weight loss, he needs a swift kick in the gonads as a warning shot.....keep up your hard work and believe me you are working hard, I worked with a woman who was doing this and the first few weeks were tough for her but she kept on going and I admired her for the strength and determination during it. I know I am strong but I would not be able to do it so take a well earned pat on the back and keep on going....Linda x

arr hugs for you hun we are all happy for you maybe he is worried but doesnt want to say so. i am lucky my oh is very surportive and so are our children i sometimes have the kids come and ask me for food being in mind eldest is 9 and they say opps diet and go and ask dad, i am so sorry a lot of people have not got the surport and hope they change there wys with you xxxx

Back