My pregnancy diary! :)

You're doing great hun! Well done xxx :)

I feel guilty every time I look in your diary, you really put me to shame! lol.
This week I've eaten like a horse but bump has had a big growth spurt so thinking maybe it's got something to do with it :confused:

How about this, Vickie, to make you feel better:

B: 1 1/2 slice bread (HE) with 2 scrambled eggs, 1 Laughing cow light (1/2 HE)

S: 7 fruit mentos - ops! (syns? 4-7???)

L: left over thai stir fry (noodles, veg, chicken - all free), apple

Afternoon: milky coffee, with about 200 ml skimmed milk (1/2 HE), 1 tsp sugar (1 syn).

D: Spinach and Cheese lasagne, with 4 mozzarellas, 2 tubs of ricotta, nearly a whole medium size piece of cheddar, bechamel sauce (I clearly did not eat the whole lasagne by myself, but I am not even going to attempt synning it! Even the wholemeal lasagne sheets and 1 kg of spinach is not going to make the cheese better for me, lol)

2 slices garlic bread (Tesco's low fat version) (syns?)

Tesco's version of Magnum with almond flakes (13 syns?)

:ashamed0005: :ashamed0005: :ashamed0005:

Drawing a line under it all

and moving on to a fresh start! :)

I caved in and got some bigger trousers yesterday - normal ones but a size 16 to accomodate my bump! I used to be a 12 on a good day - just a couple of months ago. I have not really gained THAT much weight, but definitely changing shape. It is going to be expand, expand, expand from now on!

B: Muller light and fruit

L: Stir fry veg warmed in the microwave, 1 tin tuna (brine), soy sauce, pear

S: 1 Alpen light, 1 banana

D: Small piece of lasagne, homemade bread with homemade strawberry jam (couldn't resist - tasted just like childhood as my mum used to make these!), apple.

HEA: bit of milk for tea, cheese in lasagne, Alpen light (1/2 HEB) and - cunningly and naughily - I will count the white bread as the other part of HEB as I do not feel like eating another Alpen light for the sake of it!

Off for a meeting tomorrow - 5 hours train ride there and then again to come home. Have prepared a brown rice salad with veg and one HEA portion of cheese to avoid any bad for me tuna baguettes at a train station. Also good to be prepared as I am going with my boss who never eats! She would easily go there and back without a bite, whereas I find it hard to go 3 hours without a snack!

have been to the other side of the country and back today with work, which normally would mean croissant and latte breakfast and baguette (tuna mayo more often than not) lunch purchased at a train station. But today I got up early and made breakfast and I brought a tupperware with lunch! :)
B: Scrambled eggs (frylight), an orange

L: brown rice, pepper, sweetcorn, cucumber, cheese (HE) salad. No dressing

D: grilled chicken breast, salad (balsamic vinegar, no oil)

S: 2 Alpen light (HE), 30 gr Daim (syns???)

Sounds exhausting! Well done for not caving and buying snacks, I'd have been in the newsagents stocking up on chocolate, tut!

Weighed in today and have put on 1/2 lbs, which is totally ok at this stage :) Total gain so far is now 2.6-4 lbs, depending on whether I use my weight in the week before, during or after LMP as the starting point, lol! It always flucuates a little, and I happened to be on a 10 day holiday in Italy at the time so a few foodie treats were enjoyed :rolleyes: Today I have had:

B: Mullerlight, 1 Alpen light bar, 2 apples
L: Brown rice, tomatoes, sweetcorn, red pepper with 1/2 ts olive oil and balsamic vinegar, orange
D: Lasagne made with half and half quorn/mince and lots of veg, wholemeal pasta, bechamel sauce and cheese (HE), 2 slices of garlic bread (Tesco lighter choice), orange.

Will have the other Alpen light later.

Syns: garlic bread & oil, not sure how many??

HE: milk/cheese, Alpen light

Not sure if I am on an Extra Easy or Green day today, lol! Since I had so little meat in the lasagne I could use that as a HE. Either way, I think it should be ok????

B: 2 small slices of homemade wholemeal bread (HE) w homemade low sugar strawberry jam (2 syns), milky coffee (1/2 HE), orange
L: brown rice, vegetables, tuna, soya sauce, blueberries, grapes
S: Haribo sweets (about 8 syns?)
D: Grilled chicken breast, salad, 2 apples
Will have a Babybel for other 1/2 HE.

Hope you're having a nice weekend :)
A 4lb gain in 15 weeks is fantastic, you're not going to have anything to lose once bubs is out!

My oh my what a (long) weekend I have had! Meals out, ice cream, sweets and now, just now, pizza! I think my second trimester eating surge has started. Could not stop thinking about food and eventually gave in and had pizza. Had today off as it is half term and started well with breakfast (branflakes and skimmed milk), but then had a white roll in town at 11 am as I was hungry and then ended up eating a late lunch/dinner at 4pm (chicken breast, sweet potato and butternut squash) followed by ice cream, caved in to a lot of Haribo later and then the pizza... Oh the shame!

Back to work tomorrow so will hopefully be easier to be back on track!

Today:

B: Branflakes (HEB), milk, latte (1 HEA), melon

S:pear, Banana, 2 Babybel light (2/3 HEA - rest for milk for tea)

L: Roasted vegetables with tomato sauce, cous cous, apple

D: Butternut squash risotto, salad (a few syns in butter and parmesan)

S: Cornetto style ice cream (13 syns? Or am I making that up?)

As you can see, I do not take syn counting too seriously... :D

Saw the midwife today - all well and heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time :) Not seeing her again for another 10 weeks now (when I will be 26 weeks) - they really do not worry third time around, do they???

it's my first time and i had an 8 week gap there honey. so i don't think they worry anyway :)

fab news on hearing the heartbeat :)

abz xx

There's absolutely no shame in having exactly what you want occasionally, it's not like you're eating like that every day! It's not bad that you're not strictly syn counting either, you're "being sensible" with your diet which is great :)
Fab news on hearing bubs heartbeat, it's magic isn't it? i seen my MW at 16 then I'll be seeing her again at 24 weeks and it's my first so I wouldn't worry too much.
Do you have a date for your 20 week scan yet? Are you finding out the sex?

Hi girls! Yes, it is so nice to hear the heartbeat each time! Such a relief to know all is well, especially now that the kicks are not too strong or regular yet. I have my 20 week scan booked already, and also one at 25 week (they are training sonographers so I volunteered to be a test rabbit, and get 1 hour scan with free pics of the baby! :). I never found out the sex with the other two, but sorely tempted to this time... But I was last time too - it will all depend how strong I feel when I go into that room! Mind you, in a 1 hour scan they'd do well not to accidentally reveal anything!

OK, confession time! I weighed myself this morning and this week I put on...... 4lbs!!!!!!! What is that about?

Do you weigh yourselves regularly? I do weekly and log it, did the same with the other two so I can compare. I am a scientist, can you tell, lol! Anyway, I read somewhere that someone seemed to gain more weight every 4 weeks during pg, around the time their periods would be due and I have checked and I do too!!! So I am 16 weeks now, should have been star week as you call it here and bang, 4 lbs. Then it is normally followed by 3 weeks of STS/moderate gain before it goes *bang* again.

?????????????

Really hope I can STS next week to even it out a bit....

i used to weight myself daily and record it when i was doing cd. as i liked to see what made my weight fluctuate other than food. when i came off cd i weighed myself weekly. got pregnant, threw my scales away. i'm terrified of finding out how much weight i've gained, ha.. i lost so much for my wedding... and lets just say that i will probably have it all to do again once this baby is born. i am trying not to go mad, but i'm not being too successful... i'm still being sick and fruit makes it worse so that's a nono and the amount of snackable veg i currently want to eat is very small...

abz xx

abz xx

I find that I have weeks with either no gain or .5lb gain then all of a sudden seem to gain loads. I never really thought about it being connected to a monthly cycle but thinking about it now it makes complete sense!
Your weight gain seems to be more or less in line with what mine was too. According to the weight gain calculator I've been bang in the middle section the whole way through so I'm happy with that :)

Oh my, seems the second trimester weight gain has set in for full!!! Have fallen completely off the SW wagon too. Was still eating healthily though, until mum came for the weekend and brought several kilos of chocolate! Why can I not resist chocolate??? Must get back on track! Today I recon I have been ok calorie wise, but not syn wise... Started off well with branflakes and skimmed milk, but then had lots of fresh seeded bread from the bakery with pate for lunch, half a cinnamon swirl and a latte in Starbukcs in the afternoon and enchiladas with beans and guacamole for dinner!

Still, managed to get through the day without any chocolate, so that is a step in the right direction.

I have my next scan in just over a week! Can't wait to see my baby again!

I have just found out im pg and have decided to follow sw. It will be great to follow your progress. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! x

How did getting back on the wagon go? You've done amazingly well!
When's your scan? Our 4D one is Saturday, it's like waiting for Chrimbo!

Back