my pregnancy...

Well I have had my booking apointment and scan, she moved me forward to 13 weeks but didnt change my due date. The scan was lovely. I have the anomoly scan at 21 weeks.
I have abondoned low GI I couldnt stick to it so Im following intuitive eating and it is really working for me, Im still the same weight as when I found out so Im happy with that.
The nausea is gone but the heartburn has begun :( I thought it would be a bit early for that??
Anyway otherwise all is well :)

I started pregnancy yoga tonight, it was lovely, very relaxing and enjoyable and a bit of a work out too!

I've started calorie counting, I don't really want to lose weight I just don't want to gain any - I'm 5' 4' and aiming for 1600 a day, does that sound about right to maintain does anyone know.

Yep second that, speak to your midwife. I know slimming world is good for maintaining but bear in mind you will but on some weight during pregnancy, it is only natural!

I meant to ask her today but I forgot, I should have said I don't want to gain much weight, I know I'll gain probably at least a stone in tri 3.
On a much more important note, I felt my baby move!!!!!

I know weird isn't it, but so reassuring :)

I heard my baby's heartbeat on my doppler tonight - amazing!!

I feel I've put on loads of weight in the last couple of weeks, I'm eating way too much junk. Toying with idea of doing ww online, with points for maintenance or very slight loss - what you reckon? I don't like slimming world.

No it's not, but I feel I need a little structure. I'll ask my midwife what she thinks next fri, I have an apt in the gym today to start a little exercise regime once or twice a week.

Is going to the gym safe when pregnant, I think you have to be careful what exercise you do, it might be best to check out to be on the safe side. I know swimming is safe as it is gentle and I do three times a week which I feel has helped slow down the weight gain.

My midwife said the gym is fine as long as you dont overdo it. I had a proper induction/assessment - he worked out a plan for me, it's very doable but a decent work out at the same time. I'm hoping to go twice a week along with my pregnancy.I'm also eating more sensibly now, loads of fruit and less crap. So I'm feeling better :)

Back