My progress: 2 weeks holiday = 4 weeks dieting with STILL 7lbs to go!! :-(

boardwitless

Silver Member
I lost 4.5 stone in 2009-10 going from 16 stones to 11 stone 3. To be honest, as I'm 5ft 11, it was a bit too low and I'm better off between 11st 7 and 12 stones. Cambridge has left me with several things to think about:
I did come up the steps and so I know that I maintain on around 1800 calories per day.
I find it fairly easy to cut back on 'normal' days and try to remain at around 1500 calories to make up for the days when.......
I take a day off if I'm going to a party, meal out or buffet and I really enjoy myself eating (over eating) - BUT I do it 'mindfully' in the full knowledge that I will be cutting back afterwards to make up. In that respect, Cambridge gave me good habits.

However, having been away on all-inclusive holiday for 2 weeks (and really getting my money's worth around the buffet), I could almost SEE my legs getting fatter day by day - scary! I didn't weigh myself when I got back (too depressing) but having cut down quite a lot since then (4 weeks ago), I'm still 7lbs heavier than when I went away (really depressing.....). Therefore I can deduce that:
4 weeks dieting has still left me half a stone short of 2 weeks of eating well (BOOOOOOOOOOO)
I do subscribe to the (frequently criticised) thoughts attributed to Kate Moss however - "Nothing tastes as good as slim feels" so I'm quite committed to getting back down, however it is hard to do and I hate to think it's getting harder (or maybe I'm introducing more bad habits as I go along), so I thought I would start a thread of my own to plot my progress until the next time I go away for a few days (half term for a few days with the kids). I'd like to get these 7lbs off and I'd also like to think that this is not really like a treadmill to stay on forever (however I think it might be :), so this is for my own benefit as well as welcoming comments from any other Minis who want to contribute as I've found great support here in the past.

It's great coming on here even if just to put your day into words, good and bad. Good luck and we're all here for you

boardwitless said:
I lost 4.5 stone in 2009-10 going from 16 stones to 11 stone 3. To be honest, as I'm 5ft 11, it was a bit too low and I'm better off between 11st 7 and 12 stones. Cambridge has left me with several things to think about:
I did come up the steps and so I know that I maintain on around 1800 calories per day.
I find it fairly easy to cut back on 'normal' days and try to remain at around 1500 calories to make up for the days when.......
I take a day off if I'm going to a party, meal out or buffet and I really enjoy myself eating (over eating) - BUT I do it 'mindfully' in the full knowledge that I will be cutting back afterwards to make up. In that respect, Cambridge gave me good habits.

However, having been away on all-inclusive holiday for 2 weeks (and really getting my money's worth around the buffet), I could almost SEE my legs getting fatter day by day - scary! I didn't weigh myself when I got back (too depressing) but having cut down quite a lot since then (4 weeks ago), I'm still 7lbs heavier than when I went away (really depressing.....). Therefore I can deduce that:
4 weeks dieting has still left me half a stone short of 2 weeks of eating well (BOOOOOOOOOOO)
I do subscribe to the (frequently criticised) thoughts attributed to Kate Moss however - "Nothing tastes as good as slim feels" so I'm quite committed to getting back down, however it is hard to do and I hate to think it's getting harder (or maybe I'm introducing more bad habits as I go along), so I thought I would start a thread of my own to plot my progress until the next time I go away for a few days (half term for a few days with the kids). I'd like to get these 7lbs off and I'd also like to think that this is not really like a treadmill to stay on forever (however I think it might be :), so this is for my own benefit as well as welcoming comments from any other Minis who want to contribute as I've found great support here in the past.

Good luck. Sounds like you learned the life balance last time. That's brilliant. X

Hello Shanny, Melaniep and Rkmriddell (and anyone else reading :)) hope things are going well for you. I've been sticking to a mostly protein diet (chicken, ham, low sugar jelly, shakes) for the past few days at around 1200 calories and will weigh in on Saturday. I'm a bit despondent at the moment as it doesn't 'feel' like I'm losing weight and I'm doubtful that this will be the case on Saturday - daft how our moods are dictated by the reading on a scale! If I don't see the numbers drop, I then think to myself "this is my destiny for evvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......................to stick to (under) 1200 calories per day as I obviously didn't lose on 1200 so need to drop further. Ho hum.
I shall consider going back onto sole source if possible for a quick fix (although I think my BMI might be too low) if this doesn't work.
I know that a change of lifestyle is involved in keeping off excess weight but (at the mo) it does seem like hard going. Just moaning....take no notice :sigh::rolleyes:
Best wishes for the week xx

boardwitless said:
Hello Shanny, Melaniep and Rkmriddell (and anyone else reading :)) hope things are going well for you. I've been sticking to a mostly protein diet (chicken, ham, low sugar jelly, shakes) for the past few days at around 1200 calories and will weigh in on Saturday. I'm a bit despondent at the moment as it doesn't 'feel' like I'm losing weight and I'm doubtful that this will be the case on Saturday - daft how our moods are dictated by the reading on a scale! If I don't see the numbers drop, I then think to myself "this is my destiny for evvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......................to stick to (under) 1200 calories per day as I obviously didn't lose on 1200 so need to drop further. Ho hum.
I shall consider going back onto sole source if possible for a quick fix (although I think my BMI might be too low) if this doesn't work.
I know that a change of lifestyle is involved in keeping off excess weight but (at the mo) it does seem like hard going. Just moaning....take no notice :sigh::rolleyes:
Best wishes for the week xx

Hi :) I don't very often feel like im losing weight just every now and then like I have if that makes sense so I wouldn't pay too much attention to that! How mug have you got left to lose now? X

I'd like to lose about 10lb to get back into the 11 stones bracket. I've had about 1200 calories again today, although a bit junky - I need to take some more exerise and drink more water. I gotta develop some good habits as they are the things that have slipped

Weighed in and lost 2lbs so am (pathetically) happy (have again stayed under 1500 calories athough done it by eating a stupid mix of chocolate and high-protein food so I need to sort out these habits). I plan to do low carb/high protein for the rest of the week. I don't have a problem with sticking to high protein foods but I need a few tips on what to have with a cup of tea as I'm resorting to a couple of squares of diabetic chocolate rather than anything else so I'm off to check out Jim's tips on the Atkins Minimins forum
Have a good week :)

Back