My public declaration that i will now be back on plan after a really rotten weekend

Paul_Farnham_uk

Hi all,

I am doing this as a line in the sand for myself, i have had the weekend from hell during which i have had both mine and my wifes cars break down with a repair bill in excess of £1000 whilst also being away for the weekend visiting my brother in Liverpool.

So on top of the social drinking and eating i have also been fed up eating and i have eaten like an absolute animal all weekend and it was only yesterday that i got back to plan when i returned to work.

As of this morning i have a 6lb gain most of which i am sure is water and i have until saturday morning weigh in to limit the damage i have done.

So i will let you all know how i get on.

Anyone else in the same boat that wants to join in please feel free to let us know your story and what damage you have done so far and we can undo the bad weekend together.

By the way i am not going to beat myself up about it as previous to this i have had 13 consecutive losses so i had to have a bad week sometime didint i.

So back on track and away we go!!

Hi paul - bank holidays are the official downfall of the dieter lol!
I had friends arrive on Saturday and have spent the last 5 days eating for England - even when I wasn't with them! Dont know why we do it - but judging by the recent posts from everybody else, we are not alone..............

I had my last meal out last night with my pals and had 3 courses, even though I was full after the mains and I have woke up this morning 5 pounds up on my last WI - I took a holiday from group this week.

This is my last distraction for a while, I am going to plan, plan and plan some more and go back to basics.

I will join you in getting back on track! And thank you - your post cheered me up and has made me feel very positive today x

I am glad it has helped hon and yeah my weigh in this morning was 6lb up so im certain i will end up with a gain on Saturday morning but am hoping to limit it to maybe 2lbs if i can shift some of this water :)

And next week will be a record breaker - *ANGELIC POSE*

Hi paul - bank holidays are the official downfall of the dieter lol!
I had friends arrive on Saturday and have spent the last 5 days eating for England - even when I wasn't with them! Dont know why we do it - but judging by the recent posts from everybody else, we are not alone..............

I had my last meal out last night with my pals and had 3 courses, even though I was full after the mains and I have woke up this morning 5 pounds up on my last WI - I took a holiday from group this week.

This is my last distraction for a while, I am going to plan, plan and plan some more and go back to basics.

I will join you in getting back on track! And thank you - your post cheered me up and has made me feel very positive today x

Hi Paul

Did something similar a few weeks ago (without the car bill).

Was all planned and I knew I'd be off plan for most of the weekend. When I got home on the Sunday night it took every ounce of willpower to eat the couscous I'd prepared before I left and not order a takeaway.

The good news is my 4lb gain was gone in 2 weeks and it's onwards and downwards. Just don't self sabotage and trick yourself into taking the rest of the week/month/year off.

I have no intention of doing that hon, i have had my splurge and am now back on track, weigh in tomorrow and so far am 3 of my 6lbs down so hoping for maybe a 2lb gain or something.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Hi Paul

Did something similar a few weeks ago (without the car bill).

Was all planned and I knew I'd be off plan for most of the weekend. When I got home on the Sunday night it took every ounce of willpower to eat the couscous I'd prepared before I left and not order a takeaway.

The good news is my 4lb gain was gone in 2 weeks and it's onwards and downwards. Just don't self sabotage and trick yourself into taking the rest of the week/month/year off.

Same here last weekend was a BADDD weekend was good up until the Friday until I went out drank far too much, hungover munchies all day Saturday (I actually ate a cold chow mein for breakfast I'm ashamed to say!!!) followed by LOTS of crisps - these are very much my downfall, Sunday a jubilee party which consisted of more food and alcohol and Sunday beers in the sunshine and an Indian takeway, Monday and Tuesday ate out and snacked on rubbish :cry:found it really difficult to get back on plan but managed yesterday and today but got another hectic weekend ahead which involves eating out twice, I feel on the brink of tears here! Holiday is just 4 weeks away and I feel like a pig! Going to have to dust the bike off next week!

I was a nightmare this weekend, had boyfriends parents over from Friday...I was fine Friday but had nacho's with cheese and all the trimmings on Saturday a big glass of wine Sunday, then me and my boyfriend went away Monday-Wednesday and I had half a massive bar of choc shared with him, a bottle of wine, two cooked breakfasts, chips and dressed crab, ameretto truffle, two 3 course meals.... I think that's it but that's enough.... I'm hoping that as it was over 2 weeks (I WI on a Tuesday normally) and I was good beforehand and being good now that I can pull it back and maintain or even have a small loss at WI

Ok well i have done my best since wednesday to reduce the gain i had but in the end it was too little too late and i ended the week with a 3lb gain.

So at least its done now and next week is a whole new week, so staying on plan to get some more losses going over the coming weeks!

best of luck to everyone else who was in the same boat as me last week!

Hi Paul

I know where you are coming from - I missed last week's weigh in as I was in London with my friends and all the worst food in the world found me (beer, white bread, trifle etc). I tried to weigh myself on my friend's crap scales and it looked like a 3lb gain AT LEAST! I have been trying really hard to get back on track before my WI on Monday but I think for me too it might be too little too late. Reading your attitude towards just halving your gain has been really positive for me, so thanks for that. I now reckon if I can get away with just a 1lb then I will have done ok and shouldn't be too mad on myself. I am going jogging for the first time EVER tonight so hopefully that will help with operation gain reduction!

Thanks

Back