My race result!

lunar jim

Gold Member
Hi guys

A couple of you know I was due to run a race last Sunday, and I managed it! 5 miles in 42m 34s, fastest I've ever done 5 miles :D I think having other people around me spurred me on a bit.

It was the Hartlepool Marina 5 mile, and it was bloody windy... But good fun; I started right from the very back and managed to pass 168 people!

You can have a look at my run here:

Garmin Connect

Well done!

well done, thats amazing

Could you have imagined that this time last year??! Well done, you have done so well and risen to great challenges - hope you remember every day to be proud of what you have acheived:)

Could you have imagined that this time last year??! Well done, you have done so well and risen to great challenges - hope you remember every day to be proud of what you have acheived:)

I do try Minxie! You're right, this time last year I couldn't have even considered walking to the takeaway, let alone actually enjoying exercise!

Yesterday it was windy and raining, and I wanted to do some weights as well as run so I went down the gym. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and ran 3.96 miles; that's a average 7:35/mile pace. I was knackered at the end but I actually had a smile on my face at the end!!!

Jim that's really wonderful. It gives me hope. Next year I would love to do the Hadrian's wall walk. At the moment walking round the shops tires me out - but I will get there! I will!

Congrats!!! Wow, I'm just doing 15mns runs right now and I feel like I'm gonna explode!! You have come from such a long way, I really admire you

Congrats!!! Wow, I'm just doing 15mns runs right now and I feel like I'm gonna explode!! You have come from such a long way, I really admire you

Are you wanting to go further with it? I was just the same back in October when I started. Best advice I can give you is to pick a goal and build up, just like doing CD! :D And don't worry about your times, at least at first. Concentrate on your distance, and your times will come down as your endurance increases.

Wow fantastic. Well done. This year i am doing the race for life but walking next year i intend to run it. It's not far but will still be a challenge for me! Lol

I'm going to start moving up distance, may give 5 miles a try. I am doing 3 miles in 22 mins 30 Seconds at the moment, but couldn't do another 2 miles at that pace. It's all about pacing yourself depending on the distance.

Jim that's fantastic! A friend of mine who has been running for years ran in the same race and your time isn't far off his so you should be beaming with pride!

I'm plucking up the courage to do the couch potato to 5k plan - went and bought a melon holder today (aka a sports bra!) x

I'm going to start moving up distance, may give 5 miles a try. I am doing 3 miles in 22 mins 30 Seconds at the moment, but couldn't do another 2 miles at that pace. It's all about pacing yourself depending on the distance.

That's 7:30min/mile pace, can't argue with that. I somehow managed a 7:35min/mile average for 4 miles the other day and I was completely knackered afterward, there is no way at the moment I could run that pace for 5 miles!

You're right, for me it is about slowing down, getting to the distance and then working on the pace.

I'm doing a 10k at the beginning of May, and I've been challenged to do it in under 52 minutes. (TMI?) I'm having a vasectomy next week so there'll be no training for at least two weeks, so I don't think I'll manage it in that time...

Jim that's fantastic! A friend of mine who has been running for years ran in the same race and your time isn't far off his so you should be beaming with pride!

I'm plucking up the courage to do the couch potato to 5k plan - went and bought a melon holder today (aka a sports bra!) x

Heh melon holder! That C25K plan is similar to what I went through, it looks good! You'll have to come down to Albert park and do the saturday morning timed 5k once you get going :D

Well done hunny, your doing so well and you really are making fab changes and the weather isn't holding you back whihc means you will stick at it xxx

That's 7:30min/mile pace, can't argue with that. I somehow managed a 7:35min/mile average for 4 miles the other day and I was completely knackered afterward, there is no way at the moment I could run that pace for 5 miles!

You're right, for me it is about slowing down, getting to the distance and then working on the pace.

I'm doing a 10k at the beginning of May, and I've been challenged to do it in under 52 minutes. (TMI?) I'm having a vasectomy next week so there'll be no training for at least two weeks, so I don't think I'll manage it in that time...

Yeh, when I finish that 3 mile route, I literally couldn't run another yard at that pace. When I started the route when I first lost the weight, I was doin it in just over 30 mins and thought that was really quick

P.S Brave on the Vas!! Good luck

Jim, you're on! I'm going out on sunday for my first venture out so hopefully I'll be doing the 5k without dying, and having black eyes, before too long!

Good luck with the V - I'm sure you'll be back up and running soon x

Back