My Recipes – Tuna, Tomato and Mozzarella Penne Pasta

shiann

Shake Challenge Diary
2 tuna steaks (tinned, squeeze out oil/brine or fresh, follow cooking guidelines)
1 fresh healthy range mozzarella
2 tins chopped tomatoes
1 onion (chopped)
2 garlic cloves (chopped)
3 servings penne pasta
1 vegetable stock cube (broken, left dry)
pepper
basil
paprika
(Serves 4)

(Cooking time – around 15-20 minutes)

Put on a pan of water to heat, add pasta when water is boiling, follow pasta cooking guidelines, some are “quick cook”.

Grill the tuna, if it’s fresh, at this point, once cooked, removed from the heat and break into chunks.

Heat up another pan, preferably a wok or large frying pan, then fry off the onions in a small amount of water until soft, add the garlic and stir for a moment. Add the tinned tomatoes, let it come to a boil and then reduce the heat to simmer.

Add the pepper, basil and paprika to taste preferences. No salt as the tomatoes will probably already have salt added. I don’t cook with salt unless it’s mandatory.

(Check the tuna if it’s cooking!)

Add the broken vegetable stock and stir in well.
Taste the sauce at this point and see if it needs more seasoning.

Let it simmer for 5 minutes to let the flavours do it’s magic.

Check the tuna or pasta if it’s still cooking.
Drain the fresh mozzarella and rip it into layers.
Drain the pasta and run cold water through it briefly.

Add the tuna chunks to the sauce, quick stir.

Add the mozzarella, stir once then fold in the pasta, don’t stir or the pasta may fall apart.

Let it simmer on the lowest heat for about 30 seconds (or until the mozzarella goes stringy) and then serve.

Protein – Tuna, Mozzarella
Carbohydrates – Pasta
5 A Day – Tomatoes
Anti-Oxidant boost – Basil

If you worried about portion size control, eat from a smaller plate. Remember to visualise your plate as a clock, 12-3 lean protein, 3-6 healthy carbohydrates, 6-12 vegetables or salad. If you’re not having vegetables or salad, have a piece of fruit for dessert instead, that doesn’t mean fill your plate up with extras of anything else.

Hun, not to sound rude but if ur going to write a diary it wud be good to do it in one thread like everyone else has done. Good luck on ur weight loss journey :)

I've only just started using this site and it's set up is different to what I was using previously. I'm sure I'll get used to it lol. Thanks for commenting and good luck!

Back