My Refeed diary day 1 - 7

NikkiH

Likes to eat
Hi all,

Just did three weeks and have decided to refeed from today as this was the intention from the beginning, have a wedding coming up and will be loosing remainder on ww.

So day one:

Breakfast: Lipotrim shake

Lunch: Lipotrim shake

Dinner: oh my God!! probably sounds ridiculous to those who have been on this long term as I've "only" being on tfr for 3 weeks but was actually really nervous about eating again.

I had just under 6 ounces of grilled chicken with a small breakfast bowl of: celery, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, spring onion and cucumber all drizzled in balsamic vinegar with some salt and pepper.

I have honestly never tasted food like this in my life before, the smells, texture - something I would have previously thought was very bland was gorgeous may as well as have been a gourmet meal - absolutely fabulous. Tasted each grain of pepper and salt etc...

Ridiculously full though.

Nervous about tomorrow, which I know probably sounds ridiculous.

Am going to stick 100% to refeed as I have with tfr, so if anyone thinks Im doing anything wrong PLEASE do comment and set me straight xx thank you x

Last edited:
Today looked good NikkiH.
Keep it up :)

Thanks a million!!.

Just popped back on to add that I had a diet 7up (which was weird as love my diet drinks!!) and 3 black coffees and 4 litres of water..

Aye - did it taste really gassy?!!! lol i remember drinking a diet coke on my first day and i had the burrrrrps bad! hahahah

ha ha! I read that completely wrong - read grassy and was thinking huh??:eek:

It was reeeaaly strange - way sweeter than I remember and I swear I could taste every ingredient!! even commented to my DH. Weird!!

Oh bless your cotton sock Najh!! Am really looking forward to joining you all!!

Hi all,

So day 2.

Breakfast: I had a LT shake.

Lunch:
Again, I know Im boring, but same as yesterday's dinner: 6 ounces of grilled chicken again cut up really tiny and mixed in with a small breakfast bowl of: celery, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, spring onion and cucumber all drizzled in balsamic vinegar with some salt and ground pepper. Absolutely gorgeous - I have a new found love for plain, grilled chicken - something I wouldnt have bothered with before - may as well have been a dominos pizza to me!.

Dinner:
So, I had a fillet of plain cod, I added a splash of fresh lemon juice, ground black pepper and salt and grilled til it was quite golden. Added the same salad as with lunch, with a small bit of balsamic vinegar.

Gorgeous!.

Also had a can of 7up and about 3.5 litres of water. (and countless cups of black coffee).

Still very nervous about eating, feel guilty almost. Cant imagine how long term VLCD'ers cope with this part!!.. really looking forward to tomorrow - I can have a "spud"!!!:D

Last edited:
Again, your day looks great. Just be careful with that salt. If you don't add it im sure you wont notice the difference, honest :)

Actually thats a really good point, thanks so much - I wouldnt mind, I NEVER add salt to anything (God knows theres enough in there already) so I dont know why on earth Im doing it now?. Am going without today - your a little star xxxx will post todays menu later.

No problem chick hope today has been great for ya :)

It was! thank you!!.

So, day 3

Lunch: I know, I know - am boring but again the same chicken salad as always - it really is fabulous though and Im going to continue to have this when Im off refeed.

Dinner: (this was gorgeous!!). A white fillet of cod again grilled with lemon juice and black pepper (see, Tanya - left off the salt!!! and your right - didnt notice;)). I had the same salad as always with balsamic vinegar. Heres the clincher - an 8 oz potato - baked and popped a dollop of low fat fromaise fraise on top (my mouth is watering thinking about it!!) and a small sprinkle of chives.

Had countless cups of coffee, a can of diet 7up and way too little water :eek:

Meant to add, am so delighted today - got my results for exams (for law degree) and received honours!!! am over the moon - was really, really worried and am quite chuffed with myself as had a baby in the middle of semester so missed quite a bit and was working FT before that. Woo hoo!!!!!

well done Nikki!!! :D :D Congrats x

Well done Nikki! That is fantastic about your results, are you going to go to Blackhall now? Congrats on your baby too...you definitely have your hands full. I have decided I'm going to have the potato tomorrow and just forget about the pasta...can I just ask did you boil the potato before you baked it? Sorry for asking...I never ever cook potatoes. DH suggested trying it because my tastebuds are all refreshed and I might actually like it :) I've got the lf fromais frais too!

Well done on your results hun! Fantastic news!
T x

Thanks all!!. Ciara, so sorry only getting back to you now - nope I didnt boil it just cut an "X" into it and popped it into the oven for 50 mins - I realllly cant cook - made this up but it tasted yum.

Thanks Nikki, can't wait for mine this evening with a spoon of lf fromais frais (which I've never had) Good luck today xxxx

Either had I until now!! its yummy!

So, day 4 (already cant believe it!)

I was actually going to have a salmon meal at lunch and then chicken and courgette skewers for dinner but changed at last min (cos I can have bread!!)so:

Lunch: a sandwich with: 2 slices wholemeal bread with extra light mayonaise, with a 6oz grilled chicken breast slicked lettuce and tomato, onion and peppers. Gorgeous!.

Dinner: (which was also fabulous!) was a plain grilled salmon fillet, 6 green beans and a baked potato (8oz) topped with a spoonful of low fat fromage frais. The potatos I had were either way too small or way to big when weighed so I sliced a raw potato, popped in oven for half an hour and topped with fromage frais. Absolutely yummy.

Funny, this is really teaching me to cook - seriously I am useless in the kitchen so Im really suprising myself this week! also, its not as hard as I thought - will definately keep this up, funny how its only habit that makes us add oils or butter - I HONESTLY dont miss it at all in my food, actually the thought of oil or butter swimming round in my stomach makes me feel quite ill.

Hmmm bread was lovely today though.

I know that I could have fruit and yogurt today but havent been hungry at all so didnt have them "just for the sake of it"

Cant wait til next week though, even though Im REALLY enjoying this. Im dying for a "date night" (how pathetic does that sound??) but with ds being so, so tiny (4months) we dont like leaving him at night just yet so we started, every Friday night dressing up a little (DH and I), getting chinese food and a bottle of wine, setting the table properly and having a nice long chat. Oh I know it sounds silly but I miss this - we used to have such a habit of just eating in front of telly at night and not talking!!! (by the way the above is all within my weight watchers points!!!).

Think we'll do it Monday night (when Im finished 7 days refeed as Im going immediately on to ww) but do you think it'll be ok to drink alcohol at that stage? its not too soon? just dont want to make myself ill or be silly about it?

Thanks all, hope everyone had a great day!!! in such a good mood since started refeed!!

You should be fine to drink alcohol from day 8 sweetie.
I had it from day 6 of refeed. Aslong as your out of ketosis you'll be fine :)

Are you getting a chinese takeaway? or making yer own chinese food?

Nikki, just been rading your refeed diary. Well done on doing so well on it and you seem to be enjoying it all. Keep a careful watch on portion sizes after refeed. Even though we make healthy choices all the cals add up if we have too much of anything!! Well done on your exam results. You must be well pleased with that when you had to cope with a new baby in the middle of it all. With that level of focus, maintaining your loss will be no bother to you.

Back