My Road To Slim City

Hey sweetheart, just popping into give you an enormous bear :bighug:

You won't go through this alone sweetie we are all here if you need us okay? holding your hand every step of the way. Do keep us updated and if you can't type ring me? or I'll ring you any time sweetie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh Michelle - another great bear :bighug:from me too.
Do not Google - any stuff you find on any illness is frightening. You'd think you were dying if you just looked up the common cold.

Stay warm, stay wrapped up and try and eat well Chica

Hello i am a lurker who has quietly been following your progress, but felt the need to send you my best wishes and support.

please don't google it cos it will just worry you. Should temptation get the better of you remember this, very few people post a positive experience but lots post about a negative one :eek:

My friend has lupus and has just had a beautiful baby girl xx

try not to worry and take good care of your self, and i hope you feel better soon xx

Hello Michelle,
I'm so sorry you're not well xx It's such a worry when you know there's something wrong but you don't what :(

I hope your results suggest its a very easily treated problem hunni xx

Lots of love and best wishes to you xxx

Michelle just text and asked me to update her diary. :( she went to the doctors this afternoon and they want her in hospital for an urgent rheumatic assessment as she can barely walk now :cry: tiny tiny steps and so much pain shes in tears. Will update again when I hear anything.

:bighug:s Michelle xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh no Shelly Shell!

I'll WI tonight for the both of us!

That way I can offload half of my gain to you - deal?

If I lose, you can have it all, cos, I'm dead fair like that, especially after two weeks bingeing in the Sunshine State.

Anyway, I'm sending Sunshine and Steive hugs to you now bonny lass. Get well soon, hope it's just one of them hangaround-then-disappear viruses:mad:

Steve

Michelle - hope the hospital are looking after you.
((( BIG Hugs ))) coming your way.

Jackie - thanks for the update. Give her a hug from me too when you next text her.

Last edited:
Lots of love and hugs Michelle xxx

And Suki sends a big woof and a lick too xxx

Hi Chelle

Hope your ok honey, sorry I've not posted since I've been away, fell off the waggon but had a chat with myself and back on it!

Hope you're getting the care you need love and hope your boys is feeling better too.

Big hugs and love coming your way matey.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Before I say anything else I would like to thank everyone for your kind thoughts and wishes :bighug:

I have been in hospital for a few days and have been through numberous tests including x-rays, occupational therapists, rheumatologist, copious amounts of blood tests etc etc

I have now been sent home with injections in my stomach to stop blood clots whilst I am immobile and I have had a steroid injection stright in to my muscle.

Diagnosis is still not clear but they feel it could be one of two things

1st is Rheumatoid Arthritis which I am going through a severe attack at the moment because a virus has bought it on early!

2nd is Lupus...

I have to go back to see the consultant in 3 weeks time and I will get a diagnosis then based on how I have reacted to the steroid injection and they are still waiting on some important blood results that take alot longer than normal blood tests.

I have to rest up completely which may be slightly difficult as we are due to go on holiday with the children next Friday for a week :( I don't want to let the children down as they have been looking forward to it so much. We are going to Butlins so I am off to see my gp on Monday so he can arrange for a wheelchair to go up there in. I can barely walk at the min and every step is agony! As much as I am a proud woman and don't want to be in a wheelchair when we go away but I would prefer that than my boys to be stuck at home with me doing nothing...

Thank you once again for all of your messages it really meant alot.

p.s Steve the next time I call your phone I expect you to answer ;)

Hi there Michelle,

Great that you're home again xxx

Rotten news that you're so poorly atm hunni :( I am impressed that your doctor and hospital have moved so quickly on this and that hopefully you'll have a diagnosis soon xxx

I can't imagine what you're feeling like and where your head is :( So please don't put yourself under too much pressure with the diet now, although I assume if you can keep off what you've lost it could really help with the pain. Very difficult when you can barely walk, let alone do any exercise :'(

Well you rest up hunni and hope the pain subsides as quickly as it came on. We will all be here for chats whenever u want to xxx

Lots of love xxx

Hi Michelle,

Can't believe what's been happening to you, it must have been, and still is, terrifying for you :(

Hopefully the steroid injection will work some magic x

I admire you wanting to continue with the trip to Butlins, as it would be so easy to just stay at home moping.

:bighug:

Evening All, well to say I am bored is a bloomin understatement... I hate having to sit down and do nothing and I tried to unload the dishwasher earlier and it took over half an hr grrrr I am really frustrated as I feel fine in myself but my body wont let me!

Thank you again to you all for your messages...

Dawn - Can you please send Suki down to walk Daisy for me as she is missing her 2 walks a day! How is Suki doing? Has she started chewing the skirting boards yet? Daisy started it yesterday lol I was not impressed but also shocked it took her this long :D

Lynne - If I don't go to Butlins I was be at home moping because I want to go and if I don't I am going to lie on the floor and scream and scream and scream till I'm sick looking a bit like this :8855:

Tilly - It has been quite frightening how quickly it all came on... One day I was out with the boys and Daisy and then next I couldn't walk! Scary as hell :(
How are you? I haven't got around to anyones diary recently so if you fill me in on here I would appreciate it ;)

Jackie - I know you didn't comment recently but just in case your reading thank you for the phonecall today and over the last few days. I really appreciate them hun x x

Saddle Bags - Glad to see you back and on the wagon... Stay on it now on the run up to Christmas and I am sure you will be suprised at the end of the week as your body will react as if it is your first week on the plan x

Steve - Um helloooooo Steve? STEVE!!!! Not answering my phonecall or on my diary hmmmm I may start taking it personally ;)

Hi Michelle - so glad you are back home. I hate hospitals - I always find they actually make me feel worse! I much prefer to be in the comfort of my own home.

Re wheelchairs. Definitely do not be proud. My mum, who finds walking very hard now, refused to have one for her holidays here for over 2 years. Finally I just got her one and she now doesn't know how she managed wothout. It lets us get out and about and visit new places.

A wheelchair will mean you can go and spend some precious time with the boys, and they will probably love pushing you in it!

If docs can't help then try Social Services. They are actually very good in an emergency and will get one to you as soon as they can. If they can't help then phone organisations like Age Concern. You can hire them for a few pounds.

Look after yourself chica and lets hope the steroid injection helps.

Hi Michelle,

So good to see you xx

Suki hasn't started chewing the skirting boards yet...just our shoes, slippers, knickers, socks, post, kitchen table, toy box, feet, ankles, hands, fingers, Gwyns nose and my nipple...

Hope yr feeling better soon xxx

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111015_004926.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111015_004926.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 25
  • ForumRunner_20111015_005102.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111015_005102.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 22
  • ForumRunner_20111015_005227.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111015_005227.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 28
Michelle doing the dishwasher was very silly. I know you're bored but the dishwasher means lots of bending and turning.

The positive about the wheelchair is at least you've got your own seat. When we go out with my grandma she always wants to sit on a normal chair so we take it in turns sitting in the wheelchair. It doesn't half suprise people when you get out of it and walk to the bar to get the drinks :8855:

Emma was nominated to win a prize from her old school so we went there the other night and she won :D

Apart from that the only other news is that I've got a man magnet in my knickers :)

Back