My Road To Slim City

Hi all

What a weekend! I have been swimming, to the beach, been to Burger King, Been to the bar numberous times to buy beer and none of it was for me :D I did swim all in all for about 4 hrs over the weekend and we were in the outside pool! It has been 30 degrees here today and yesterday, hot, hot, hot but absolutely glorious! I stayed on track for the whole weekend and I feel great about it :) I was offered burger king, sweets, popcorn, magnum caramel ice lolly, full fat coke and the worst temptation for me was a toffee crisp but I said NO to all YAYYY!

I didn't stop all weekend after running around with my son and his friend but it was great and I feel great!

How are you all? Did you have good weekends?

I agree with Steve - "Out damn diet, out" to misquote Lady MacBeth - or at least the word should be.

Healthy eating is the way forward and 3 little areo bubbles will not wreck your good work. We've all done it, as JoT said. It's not chocholate with me it's crisps and peanuts. I can eat a whole BIG bag in one foul swoop before I realise I've done it. SO WELL DONE FOR STOPPING AT 3!

Hope you have a great weekend although I can't image anything worse than a bunch of 10 year olds in a caravan. All hell will break lose I suspect! :D

Crawler! ;)

Mind you, you haven't got a "normal" harem.

Hell, ain't that the truth!

Hi all

What a weekend! I have been swimming, to the beach, been to Burger King, Been to the bar numberous times to buy beer and none of it was for me :D I did swim all in all for about 4 hrs over the weekend and we were in the outside pool! It has been 30 degrees here today and yesterday, hot, hot, hot but absolutely glorious! I stayed on track for the whole weekend and I feel great about it :) I was offered burger king, sweets, popcorn, magnum caramel ice lolly, full fat coke and the worst temptation for me was a toffee crisp but I said NO to all YAYYY!

I didn't stop all weekend after running around with my son and his friend but it was great and I feel great!

How are you all? Did you have good weekends?

100% - don't forget to use at least 5 syns per day Michelle. Perfection is a difficult cross to bear:p

Well done ! Thats fantastic. Very proud of you as you must be of yourself :D

I am hoping to make your lovely soup later or in the morning as everyone keeps saying how yummy it is and can't wait to try it :)

The soup is gorgeous and you HAVE to make it :D It is so easy to make and very cheap as well plus good on sw...

I am very proud of myself :D

Crawler! ;)

Hell, ain't that the truth!

100% - don't forget to use at least 5 syns per day Michelle. Perfection is a difficult cross to bear:p

Hi Steve, Oh I am using between 5 and 15 per day mainly on my meals but always have enough left over just in case I fancy a bag of crisps in the evenings :D How are you?

Well today is another test! Where I live there is a feast/party where everyone dances through the streets and pays tribute to a man that lived and died in our village and when he died he left alot of money and property's in a trust fund for the elderly residents of the village! There will be about 4000 visitors to our village this afternoon and this evening and all of the families get together for a party and bbq! Arrgghhh bbq :sigh: I just phoned my Dad who is hosting the party and asked if he would be offended if I bought my own food and he said no he wouldn't be... So I am taking pasta with chargrilled veg (which I made myself) and I am taking a fruit salad plus 2 big bottles of water :D

I am still feeling so positive about my lifestyle change and I know I am going to do this! No looking back for me and only looking foward! Bring on the fitter, healthier life :D

I just phoned my Dad who is hosting the party and asked if he would be offended if I bought my own food and he said no he wouldn't be... So I am taking pasta with chargrilled veg (which I made myself) and I am taking a fruit salad plus 2 big bottles of water :D

I am still feeling so positive about my lifestyle change and I know I am going to do this! No looking back for me and only looking foward! Bring on the fitter, healthier life :D

Loving that Michelle!
You are going to and will do this - anyone reading your diary can see this.

Hey Michelle

Well done on a fab on plan weekend - hats off to you!

I have had a 100% on plan week - no cheating whatsoever for little ol me - so am hoping a dinner time wi to have at least a 2lbs loss - if not there could be trouble at class!

Will report after lunch. Keep everything crossed for me.

xxxxxx

Well done sweetie :) you are doing so well

I have just cooked your soup and it smells delicious. I am having it for lunch. :) thank you for the recipe as I'd never have thought of it.

I had a bad day yesterday where I got confused with the plan and ended up with too many syns, but today is a new day and I've drawn a line under yesterday :)

Hope you are having a good day :) xxxxx

Wowzers Michelle - how did I miss your first week's loss?! A-ma-zing! (said in Craig Revel-Horwood voice!) :happy096::happy096:

Thanks for the lentil and bacon soup recipe, I will definitely be adding that to the list for my challenge.

Can I just ask though, when you say a bag of lentils - what size? Only I appear to have 2 different sizes in my cupboard at the moment!!!

Well I'm soooooo pleased to report 3lbs off for me - woo hoo!! Back on the horse, back in the saddle and all the rest of em! Now if only I could get myself motivated in my job that is boring as $hit I'd be hunky dory for the rest of the day!

xxxxx

Hi Michelle,

Suppose you're still partying away! Have a fab time xx

Saddle Bags said:
Well I'm soooooo pleased to report 3lbs off for me - woo hoo!! Back on the horse, back in the saddle and all the rest of em! Now if only I could get myself motivated in my job that is boring as $hit I'd be hunky dory for the rest of the day!

xxxxx

Hey Saddlebags!

Congratulations on your 3lb loss! That's great!

Now then...when are u gonna start your diary!??.;)

Soon Dawn, honest;) I just like nebbing into everyone else's and not sure I'd have anything interesting to say on mine or that anyone would read it!

xxxx

Soon Dawn, honest;) I just like nebbing into everyone else's and not sure I'd have anything interesting to say on mine or that anyone would read it!

xxxx

Its funny as I was only looking yesterday to find your diary to read, so I think you should have one :D

Hey Michelle
Just popping in to say Hi and to see how its going? xxxxx

Hi Michelle,

Didn't want to read your diary and run so just saying hello really and what a fantastic weight loss in your first week! :clap:

Hope you enjoyed the party - i think it sounds fab..

xx

Loving that Michelle!
You are going to and will do this - anyone reading your diary can see this.

Thank you... I am going to do this and yesterday was amazing and I saw my cousin that I haven't seen for about 3 months and she had no idea I had been on a diet. She walked straight up to me and said WOW you have lost loads of weight!! How did you do that? It felt great :D

Well done Michelle, you really are focused xxx

Thank you, I am very focused and after nearly 2 weeks on plan and I can genuinely say I have not cheated or gone over my syns on any of those days! I feel great :D

Well done sweetie :) you are doing so well

I have just cooked your soup and it smells delicious. I am having it for lunch. :) thank you for the recipe as I'd never have thought of it.

I had a bad day yesterday where I got confused with the plan and ended up with too many syns, but today is a new day and I've drawn a line under yesterday :)

Hope you are having a good day :) xxxxx

So what did you think of the soup? Glad to hear you didn't let going over on syns ruin the week... Forget about it and dont look back. You have been doing fantastically lately and I know you will carry this on.

I had a great day thank you x x

Wowzers Michelle - how did I miss your first week's loss?! A-ma-zing! (said in Craig Revel-Horwood voice!) :happy096::happy096:

Thanks for the lentil and bacon soup recipe, I will definitely be adding that to the list for my challenge.

Can I just ask though, when you say a bag of lentils - what size? Only I appear to have 2 different sizes in my cupboard at the moment!!!

Hi Spanx

I am still shocked by how much I lost but I can feel it now which is good :)

Oh the lentil and bacon soup is gorgeous and I have always cooked it so when I found out I could still cook it and not have to change it at all I was so pleased. You can basically add as many lentils as you want. I have used a 500g pack before and I have also used the 1kg pack so it depends how much soup you want to be left with afterwards :)

Have a nice party - dancing through the streets is good body magic :)

I didn't dance but yesterday my husband said he will do it with me next year which he has always said no to... but when I said if I am at my target by this time next year will you dance with me? he said YES :D

xxxxx

WOW 3lbs off that is great SB, I am so happy for you :happy096:

Make your day more interesting by playing practical jokes on people in your office ;) but shhh don't say I said too :rolleyes:

Hi Michelle,

Suppose you're still partying away! Have a fab time xx

I was indeed and whilst everyone was drinking alcohol I was sticking with water :innocent0002:

Hey Saddlebags!

Congratulations on your 3lb loss! That's great!

Now then...when are u gonna start your diary!??.;)

^^^ Agreed with Dawn! You need to start one SB :)

xxxx

I love reading your posts and I am sure I would love reading your diary too x

Hey Michelle
Just popping in to say Hi and to see how its going? xxxxx

Hi Jackie,

all is great thanks and just had a manic time this week... Away over the weekend, then the feast day yesterday and now today it is my son's 10th birthday so have family and friends coming here for tea for a bbq! I have quorn burgers for myself and also chicken kebabs made by myself :) Oh plus a mountain of salad. I will get on tonight when they all bug**r off and I will get around to other people's diaries and also fill in my food diary here. How is your week going? x

Hi Michelle,

Didn't want to read your diary and run so just saying hello really and what a fantastic weight loss in your first week! :clap:

Hope you enjoyed the party - i think it sounds fab..

xx

Hi Pommy

Thank you for stopping by, how are you?

I loved the party and it is a really big family occassion especially as my family is sop BIG... My gran was one of 8 so all of the grandchildren were there and we don't all get together very often so we had a great time.

Michelle x

Hiya

How was the party? Can I have some more recipes please? :D

I will be back on later on this eveing to write in my food diary and there may be some recipes in there that you may want to try :)

I was just thinking the same :D

Where are you Michelle? we are missing you xxxxx

Ha I was responding to all the messages when you were typing this :) Sorry manic last few days but I am glad to report that I am still on track and HAVEN'T gone off course once :) I am being a good girl and a very busy one... Will definately be on this evening to catch up with you all and see how you are doing x x

Back