My semi-Dukan diet - success!

October

I stopped following Dukan strictly a fortnight ago, but have since stuck mostly to the plan. I'm basically just eating PV all the time, but am allowing alcohol once a week. (I have a number of social events over the next 2 months and I don't want to forgo alcohol completely, so i decided to amend the diet and accept a slower rate of weightloss)

So anyway, I was scared I would pile back on the 7kg I had lost in my first month on Dukan, or at best stay the same. But as it happens, I am still losing weight! Not at the same rate I was in the first month, but in the last 2 weeks I've lost another 2 kilos!!

I am still sticking to 2 x PP days each week, and I think I will continue that (I'm a bit too scared to stop) Any advice from anyone else who has done something similar would be great. In the meantime let's hope it continues!

Fingers crossed it will continue! I've got an event in 4 weeks I want to look great for so I'm hitting the gym a lot too, which I'm sure is helping.

Would really like to know which things I'm doing right and which things are slowing it down though. It's hard to tell.

Well done October! looks like you are slowly switching over to Conso. Use that as your reference and you should be fine and not pile anything back on.

October, I too am planning something like what you are doing right now..
On PP days I started eating less and less, I don't feel like eating anything and end up just having galette, ff cheese and yogurt most PP days.
This can't be good, so I want to go PV for a while.. I still enjoy having my salad with some chicken or fish:)
It is good to hear you are still losing, I would hate if I mess this up..
let us know how it goes please..:)

well unfortunately I slipped up BADLY today.
In 10 weeks of this diet I have never yet had such cravings nor gone so off track - we're talking cake, bread and some biscuits (!!!!) and here I've been saying all along I wasn't finding those things hard to resist......

It was mostly very strong TOTM cravings, combined with exhaustion and a really sad emotional day yesterday which I hadn't really clocked had upset me. Excuses excuses.

Anyway, I know I must have gained a couple of kilos over the last 2 days so I'm not going near the scales, and will do a couple of PP days Thurs & Fri.

So, I will let you know how it's going by the end of the weekend - how about that for a deal?

And I think we have the same goal weight? My next mini goal is to have lost 3 kilos in the next 3 weeks before I go on holiday - though that may now be closer to 5 kilos after today! grrrr

Hello there - with the alcohol, even just once a week, you were most likely out of ketosis... without ketosis, things are more complicated, and temptations are harder to deal with.

I'm deliberately staying out of ketosis myself, as I'm a serial Dukan dieter and have been using and abusing the system for far too long without really progressing. As you saw, the weight gain when turning to carbs suddenly, without going through the Conso stages, is rapid and depressing!

A couple of PPs will get rid of some water bloat, it's true, but the issue remains and it's one which isn't easy to deal with. When on Cruise, and in ketosis, we feel invincible and nothing tempts us from our path. Alas, once out, the old issues are still there, and the foods we used to turn to at the first sign of trouble are waiting...

It's definitely something we need to look at during our weight loss phase - and I'm still looking for a solution!

Sorry you had a tough day yesterday... :D

I also found it so much harder to deal with cravings once out of cruise - one of the curse of carbs is that the insulin spike they cause stimulates the appetite, so you eat more, and the insulin spikes further, and you feel even hungrier.... literally, the more you eat, the more you want.

I was shocked the first time in conso that I felt mid-morning hunger pangs!

I have learned to cope - by making sure that when I feel a craving for anything (cake, chocolate, crisps) I reach for a shot of pure protein. A bag of biltong, or a cup of yogurt, or a chicken drumstick.

And I've found that kills the craving dead in its tracks - even at TOTM when I would dash to buy chocolate in Boots (because it's medicinal LOL!)

october, I didn't notice that before, our goal weight is the same and our start weight is very close!
I grabbed a few atkins bars last TOM, they were really good. I know they have a bit more fat than allowed on DD but it is better than reaching for the real stuff:eek:
I don't keep them at home though, I buy when I am really desperate..
I am sure you will be fine with this determination, look how far we made it already! Just 3 months ago I wouldn't even dream about being here today:)

ah well I'm sort of back on track - or at least doing much better.

I did make the mistake of weighing myself and have gained 2 whole kilos. Sigh. But so long as I can kick myself back into the gym tomorrow morning, and I think I can, it will start moving in the right direction again.

I have the incentive of exactly 20 days until my holiday, and am pretty determined.

Thanks Atropos for the advice - I've just scoffed a small packet of biltong as a preventative measure actually!

I really notice that part of the problem this time was also lack of planning - we ran out of food and didn't have any protein in the house. I've sorted this and Ocado are delivering in the morning. Phew

Hey October, was wondering how you are doing..

Back