My semi-Dukan diet - success!

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by October, 15 September 2011 Social URL.

1. October

October Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(12.78%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I stopped following Dukan strictly a fortnight ago, but have since stuck mostly to the plan. I'm basically just eating PV all the time, but am allowing alcohol once a week. (I have a number of social events over the next 2 months and I don't want to forgo alcohol completely, so i decided to amend the diet and accept a slower rate of weightloss)

So anyway, I was scared I would pile back on the 7kg I had lost in my first month on Dukan, or at best stay the same. But as it happens, I am still losing weight! Not at the same rate I was in the first month, but in the last 2 weeks I've lost another 2 kilos!!

I am still sticking to 2 x PP days each week, and I think I will continue that (I'm a bit too scared to stop) Any advice from anyone else who has done something similar would be great. In the meantime let's hope it continues!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. wheesht

wheesht Just keep swimming...

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(19.77%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Ooooo I was wondering how you were getting on!

Well done - so glad it is all working out for you and you are still losing. Result!

4. October

October Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(12.78%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Fingers crossed it will continue! I've got an event in 4 weeks I want to look great for so I'm hitting the gym a lot too, which I'm sure is helping.

Would really like to know which things I'm doing right and which things are slowing it down though. It's hard to tell.

5. anjuschka

anjuschka Dukan Ancestor!!

Start Weight:
    76kg
    Current Weight:
    66.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    64kg
    Lost(%):
    9.7kg(12.77%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Dukan (Stabilized)
    Well done October! looks like you are slowly switching over to Conso. Use that as your reference and you should be fine and not pile anything back on.

6. elida

elida Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.58%)
    Diet:
    dukan
    October, I too am planning something like what you are doing right now..
    On PP days I started eating less and less, I don't feel like eating anything and end up just having galette, ff cheese and yogurt most PP days.
    This can't be good, so I want to go PV for a while.. I still enjoy having my salad with some chicken or fish:)
    It is good to hear you are still losing, I would hate if I mess this up..
    let us know how it goes please..:)

7. October

October Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(12.78%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    well unfortunately I slipped up BADLY today.
    In 10 weeks of this diet I have never yet had such cravings nor gone so off track - we're talking cake, bread and some biscuits (!!!!) and here I've been saying all along I wasn't finding those things hard to resist......

It was mostly very strong TOTM cravings, combined with exhaustion and a really sad emotional day yesterday which I hadn't really clocked had upset me. Excuses excuses.

Anyway, I know I must have gained a couple of kilos over the last 2 days so I'm not going near the scales, and will do a couple of PP days Thurs & Fri.

So, I will let you know how it's going by the end of the weekend - how about that for a deal?

And I think we have the same goal weight? My next mini goal is to have lost 3 kilos in the next 3 weeks before I go on holiday - though that may now be closer to 5 kilos after today! grrrr

8. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Hello there - with the alcohol, even just once a week, you were most likely out of ketosis... without ketosis, things are more complicated, and temptations are harder to deal with.

I'm deliberately staying out of ketosis myself, as I'm a serial Dukan dieter and have been using and abusing the system for far too long without really progressing. As you saw, the weight gain when turning to carbs suddenly, without going through the Conso stages, is rapid and depressing!

A couple of PPs will get rid of some water bloat, it's true, but the issue remains and it's one which isn't easy to deal with. When on Cruise, and in ketosis, we feel invincible and nothing tempts us from our path. Alas, once out, the old issues are still there, and the foods we used to turn to at the first sign of trouble are waiting...

It's definitely something we need to look at during our weight loss phase - and I'm still looking for a solution!

Sorry you had a tough day yesterday... :D

9. Atropos

Atropos Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.41%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I also found it so much harder to deal with cravings once out of cruise - one of the curse of carbs is that the insulin spike they cause stimulates the appetite, so you eat more, and the insulin spikes further, and you feel even hungrier.... literally, the more you eat, the more you want.

I was shocked the first time in conso that I felt mid-morning hunger pangs!

I have learned to cope - by making sure that when I feel a craving for anything (cake, chocolate, crisps) I reach for a shot of pure protein. A bag of biltong, or a cup of yogurt, or a chicken drumstick.

And I've found that kills the craving dead in its tracks - even at TOTM when I would dash to buy chocolate in Boots (because it's medicinal LOL!)

10. elida

elida Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.58%)
    Diet:
    dukan
    october, I didn't notice that before, our goal weight is the same and our start weight is very close!
    I grabbed a few atkins bars last TOM, they were really good. I know they have a bit more fat than allowed on DD but it is better than reaching for the real stuff:eek:
    I don't keep them at home though, I buy when I am really desperate..
    I am sure you will be fine with this determination, look how far we made it already! Just 3 months ago I wouldn't even dream about being here today:)

11. October

October Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(12.78%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    ah well I'm sort of back on track - or at least doing much better.

I did make the mistake of weighing myself and have gained 2 whole kilos. Sigh. But so long as I can kick myself back into the gym tomorrow morning, and I think I can, it will start moving in the right direction again.

I have the incentive of exactly 20 days until my holiday, and am pretty determined.

Thanks Atropos for the advice - I've just scoffed a small packet of biltong as a preventative measure actually!

I really notice that part of the problem this time was also lack of planning - we ran out of food and didn't have any protein in the house. I've sorted this and Ocado are delivering in the morning. Phew

12. elida

elida Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.58%)
    Diet:
    dukan
    Hey October, was wondering how you are doing..

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.