My Slim Fast Journey

Thanks Hayes xx Means a lot.
How are you getting on hun? When is your WI? xx

A little bit about me

I have been reading a few diaries on the slimfast page and i have noticed that everyone has said a little bit about themselves so i thought i would introduce myself properly lol:p

Im a 33 year old mum of 2 boys. Previous to my children i was a lovely little size 8:eek::eek:. Since then my weight has been up and down for years. Why??? well i love food :17729: i got myself into a bit of a rut, worked in an office so i was sat on my ass all day and stopped exercising. I lost my weight due to a marriage break and stress caused it to fall off. I went down to a size 10. I then met my gorgeous husband, setteld down and had my 2nd child and yes contentment got the better of me. I went up to 13 stone (size 16).:cry:

Last year i was introduced to the cambridge diet. It was extremely hard but worth its weight in gold. I lost 3 stone in 3 months and was down to a size 12. I was over the moon. I then thought that i could do the rest on my own without following the plans properly and went back to normal eating habits .... guess what?? Yep i gained. Iwent back to CD and lost all of my gain plus a few lb. I was running 4 times a week, boxercise twice a week and felt amazing. I managed to get down to a size 10. I also gave up smoking 6 weeks ago (which is the hardest thing i have ever done) and have also been diagnosed with hypothyroid so i am on meds. Thsi year has been very eventful to say the least.

Ive became very obsessed about my weight and until last week i was weighing myself twice a day (morning and night) it has been really causing problems at home. This is why i chose to go onto slimfast so i can still eat, have snacks and let my holiday gain come off slowly. I have promised myself i will only weigh once a week (Saturdays). I am still a size 10 and i need to accept that i have lost the weight. I still have bits on my body i dont like but hey im human. I need to keep telling myself to start liking me again.

Anyway i thought i would share x

i am having a really bad day :( i am sooo hungry and not sure if i can carry on with this diet, with any diet in fact! Im so sick of having to closely watch what i eat.

Coz i have been doing the plan wrong i can now only have a prawn salad or something to weigh out the calories :(

God i feel sooo down :(

Dione, dont be downhearted, you havent been doing it wrong as such. dont worry about the rest of today, if your hungry have a good meal tonight, sensible but filling then you dont snack this evening. then start a fresh tomorrow. youve done so well so far, it would be a shame to give up so close to your goal!!xx

Thanks hun,

I feel like i have been battling or soo long now. i cant even have a couple of days of without a huge gain.

I failed, i weighedmyself today even though i promised i wouldnt and it said 10st 6 :( i know i had a naughty weekend but blimey why?? Itfeelsas if iam going to haveto basically starvemyself for the rest of my life if i want to stay at a certain weight.

I cant train until tomorooweither as hubby is away so that makes me feel sluggish.

Sorry to moan just had enough xxx

Wow well done hunny you have done so fantastic stop beating youself up about the actual weight and look more to your shape and size,,, a size 10 is fantastic and with all the training you have done you cant have to many saggy bits left over,, give youself credit for what you have done rather than beating yourself up for what you havent done your gorgeous definatly a yummymummy.

thats the prob i have lots of hangy nt lol. my belly is awful and my size 10 trousers i have on at the mo feel a bit snug :(

Just had prawns with jacket spud and cheese.... shouldnt of had it really x

Hi Dione,

Just been looking at your tickers! You've done great. I am jealous!! I'm on day 1, any tips?

Keep up the good work!

Ok so i have got over my little tantrum from yesterday:rolleyes: and ready for a new day. I think this just goes to show that weighing yourself more then once a week is not good for you mentally and cause you so many problems which could lead to either binge eating, depression or just beating yourself up unecessarily. Therefore i have whooped my ass :whoopass:and sorted my head out!!
Today i have planned to have the following:

Breakfast: Shake 220 cals
Snack: Nectarine 45 cals
Lunch: Shake 220 cals
Snack: Cup a soup 59 cals
Meal: 400 cal (ww meal)
Dessert: WW desert 150 cals

Total: 1094 calories.

I am going to stick to this religously for the rest of the week as well.

I am NOT going to weigh myself until saturday!! that is a promise. And i also promise only to weigh once a week (no more daily as it becomes an obsession)

As hubby is back from Scotland i will be doing the following exercise this week:

Tonight: 2 mile run
Thurs: hair done so no running
Fri: Boxercise
Sat: 2 mile run beofre dress fittin
Sun: My sons birthday so day of rest.

I feel so much better now that i have planned what i am doing in advance x

Hi Dione,

Just been looking at your tickers! You've done great. I am jealous!! I'm on day 1, any tips?

Keep up the good work!

Hi Purpledoll,

Firslty welcome to the world of dieting lol. Sincae i started dieting last year i have learnt a lot about what not to do lol so hopefully i can help.

Dont beat yourself up if you have a day of blips. Remember you are human and as long as you move on and start again you will be fine. Its when you carry on day after day that will cause you problems. The biggest secret is water. You should drink at least 2.25 litres per day. I made it easier and started with 3 litres. 1 litre after every meal.

Occupy yourself with different things when you are hungry i.e if you feel the urge to go to the fridge, go and read a book, have a bath or make yourself a black coffee or another glass of water. The hunger will pass after 5 minutes i promise.

Set yourself mini goals, what you want in the 1st day, 1st week etc and treat yourself when you achieve. once a month treat yourself to a new item of clothing or a beauty treatment if you lose a certain amount of weight or if you have been 100%

I actually done the cambridge diet and am quite new to slimfast but slimfast lets you have more calories so i am sure you will be fine.

If you need anything or a chat, fell free to pm me and ill help where i can.

Good luck hun im sure you will be great xxx

Thanks!!

I'll take all that on board. Ready to start day 2!!
Hope you also have a sucessful good day!!

good luck hun xxx

Hi Diary,

Well so far so good! I have had 1 x shake, 1 x nectarine and 1 x 59 calorie be good to yourself cup a soup. I have also had1.5 litres of water and lots of black coffee's lol

I have to admit i am extremely hungry today, but i think thats just my head playing tricks. I have just had to go to sainburys to but £15 worth f chocolate and cakes as its a member of my staffs birthday. How hard wat that??? VERY!! lol

Itll be harder watching my staff eat it though but i promise i will not give in to temptation

Hope everyone is having a good day xx

rather than depriving yourself completely have a little bit of cake also so you feel part of things,,, bovril is a great hungerbusting drink and its only 20 calories for the little plastic cups

Hi Kazz

I cant give in coz 1 is never enough and there are some good ones here lol xxx

Thanks anyway hun xx

Hope you survived the cake and choc Dione!!
I do agree with Kazzy a little bit, when you come across situations like that try just having one, you can use it for your snack, but also your training yourself that you can have one and its all that is necissary and also make sure your not alienated in social situations, but i also know what you mean about 1 is never enough!!!!xx

Hi Diary,

Well yes i avoided the cakes and choc and was very impressed with myself. I know that you can have 1 and its all about moderation but as you know i blipped big time on sat and sunday so i want to be 100% for the rest of the week :0

Well so far so good today. I have had 1 x shake (it was a cd shake as i had 2 left over so will use them up), 1 x apple and am just having my cup a soup. Total calories so far 382. I have also had 1.5 litres of water yipeeeeee.

I am still feeling very "belly" at the moment My hubby even asked if i was ok last night as i looked extremely bloated (not sure why that is) Bowel movements havent been regular so they could be part of the issue. I hate feeling bloated :(

Hope you are all having a good day x

Grrrrrr there are cream cakes in the office!! I will not give in, i will not give in lol

Back