My slim & save diary

Rosiest

So it’s my first time of doing a VLCD and slim and save. I think it’ll help me to diary it and if anyone else is on a VLCD and wants to join in for support that’s fine!
I’m currently about 4 stone overweight. I’ve spent years yoyoing and then over the last couple of years I’ve just consistently got bigger. I’m now my biggest ever, an18 dress size and definitely not healthy. I hate what I see, and I’m constantly starting a new diet to try to shift it. To be honest, I’m sick of it and my health is going to start to suffer soon. Both my parents are type 2 diabetic so I’ve got that coming my way of I don’t get a grip!
I started simplicity slim and save on Monday.
So I’m day 5 today. I’ve had headaches and found day 4 particularly hard as I felt weak.
Today I’ve not got a headache and I feel ok so I’m hoping maybe I’m in Ketosis?

I think you are! Welcome to minimins. Come and join us on the Slimmer for Christmas thread. We track weekly our progress to christmas there.

Day6 today. I’m definitely in Ketosis which is actually a really nice feeling. For some reason I’ve always been scared of Ketosis, like you’d feel awful but actually only had a couple of bad days leading up to it. Long way to go yet though!
Sneaky look on the scales says I’ve lost around 10lbs, which is great but I need to try not to be obsessed by what the scales say as that can put me off.
I’ve just put in an order for 70 more packs so that I don’t run out and I have quite a few from my first order that I don’t like so I don’t think I’ll eat those. No point forcing myself I’d rather eat the ones I like and stay on plan. Had cottage pie pack last night which was worst one yet! Also don’t like ham and mushroom pasta one. My favourite is chilli which I have with cauliflower rice - almost feels like a normal meal! Also like spaghetti Bolognese and sweet and sour noodles.
Proud that I’ve come this far, been a good couple of years since I’ve managed to stick to anything at all. I live with a skinny husband who can eat what he wants and teenage sons who eat constantly! But actually I’m not tempted by their food yet which is great. As it’s bank holiday weekend I’ve got a family pub get together but I just won’t eat and luckily I’m not a drinker so not tempted by that.
Weigh in day Monday! I’m excited to see what I’ve officially lost in week 1.

Great progress!

Thanks AliGal!
So day 7 for me and all I can say is wow I don’t know what’s happened to me! Last night had a family dinner, today a family dinner and tomorrow we’re having a pub lunch and I’m in no way tempted to break my diet even with everyone around me eating! They all seem more bothered about me not joining in than me! It’s amazing! Normally I’d struggle but now I’m in Ketosis I’m not even hungry or having any cravings. I’ve so far only managed 2 packs as I ate those before I went out. I will have 2 now to ensure I’m following the diet but wow!
And tomorrow is my first weeks weigh in - looking forward to the results, both weight and measurements! Wore a dress today that was right last time I wore it and it felt looser today so I’m feeling hopeful I’ve had a good loss!

How exciting. I had very good success with a similar programme - but failed to maintain it. So it will be wonderful to see you loose it and keep it off.

That’s what I’m worried about but I figure lose it first then worry about maintaining it! I’ve not managed to lose any significant amount in years or stick to any diet so this is a start 😄

Week 1 weigh in:
11lbs lost!
12.5 inches lost from my body - massive 4 inches from my hips! Though my thighs looked thinner but then convinced myself they didn’t. I’ve lost 2 inches off each one!
Roll on week 2 😃

So yesterday I went to the pub for lunch... I did give in and have a salad as people made me feel bad for not eating anything 🙄. It’s ok though I am allowed to swap one pack a day for a low carb meal (which I personally don’t want to do because I would rather avoid all food!) and I’m also allowed 200g of veg a day so I ordered a starter salad as a main and I think was all fine. I’d rather not have bothered though so maybe I need to be stronger and tell people no!
Day 8
Busy day today. My sons all play football and today is my eldest s turn for a match. An hour and a quarter drove each way on the heat plus he meets an hour and a quarter before kick off so this all takes lots of time.
Had a bar before I left and took one with me. We’re jot actually supposed to have more than one bar a day but when I’m having says where I’m travelling a lot (as we do every weekend for football) I think it’s better to take bars with me and have those than be tempted to go off plan. When I researched why were only allowed one bar a day it’s only because it promotes an unhealthy lifestyle if they say you can have 4 bars a day so I’m happy that as long as the carbs and cals don’t go over my daily allowance I can do this when needed.
Tonight I’m going to my parents for dinner, they tend to eat healthily (meat and veg dinners). I’m going to swap a pack for a low carb dinner brocade my mum will kill me if she knows I’m doing this diet - she worries it won’t give me enough energy so I’d rather not tell her. Luckily that’s the good thing about this plan, you can swap one pack a day for a low carb meal so if I keep the portion small and just lean meat and a few veg I should be ok! Then I think that’s the end of our family meals and I can stick to my packs!
Anyway I’m about to start the drove home - perfect timing as it’s about to be rush hour!

Day 11
So yesterday I was so busy I couldn’t update. I had a good day though and stuck to plan. Another months worth of slim and save meals were delivered as I’ve decided to stick with it for 12 weeks.
Today has been ok, a much quieter day for me which is nice. I’ve just got shaky in the last half an hour which I’ve is odd as I’ve not had that since the first few days. I hope I haven’t knocked myself out of ketosis accidentally. That would be awful I don’t want to go through the first few days headaches etc again! My thoughts are turning to next week when I go back to work and my boys go back to school. In a way it’s easier to diet when I’m working, but making up meal packs is harder at work. I’m not really a fan of the shakes but I’m wondering if I should get some for ease for my lunch at work? Or I could have a shake for breakfast and a bar for lunch? Our weeks and weekends are incredibly busy once we all go back to organization is key to stay on plan. I often have to do two long journeys for football on Saturday and Sunday so ensuring I have my bars/shakes with me is important too.
Hate it when the lazy summers are over!

Day 12
Another busy one. Stuck to the plan. I’m surprising myself that I’m watching my family eat kfc, macdonalds etc and not even bothered about not joining in?! Weird. At times I can get a few tummy growls of hunger here and there now, but nothing major. All in all everything is going well. A friend of mine I met up with today didn’t know about the diet and said I looked like I’d lost weight! Result - 12.5 lbs according to my scales. I’m secretly hoping for 3 this week as that would be 14 in 2 weeks but it’s definitely slowed this week so I’m not too sure. Oh well as long as I’m sticking too it that’s what matters!

Sounds like you are managing this well. Isn't it surprising when you can say no thanks to something that used to compel you?

Can you make up yr shakes in advance for work? I use lock and lock shakers as they dpbt cone undone I yr bag and dishwasher well. I also have a silver contigo coffee mug. I've found that goes well in the top shelf of the dishwasher. They don't sell it as dishwasher proof- but I think that's because the coating comes off the coloured ones. It's pricey (unless you get a good Amazon deal) but acts like a thermos keeping contents hot or cold. You need to mix the shake before you put it in the contigo.

Thanks AliGal I’ll have look at those. We have to consume within an hour of making to so making in advance won’t work. But I have ordered some shakes and I’m thinking I’ll have a shake for breakfast, bar for lunch and then packs for dinner and evening pack. If necessary I could take my blender to work and make a smoothie there but it’s a bit of a faff!

Day 11
Had a lovely day out with my family. Stopped at Pizza Hut for dinner and I just had salad bar and picked from there what I was allowed. Made me feel I could join in a bit (as I’m allowed to have that as either my 200g daily veg or swap a meal for it and 100g protein). Everyone’s pizzas looked delicious but I’m motivated to try to lose 3lb this week to get to my stone mark.
I’m back to work tomorrow, it’s actually refreshing to not have to think about what to take for lunch - a bar will do! Roll on weigh in tomorrow and fingers crossed I get my stone 🤞🏻

Back