~> My Slimming World Diary - By Abigail'sMummy <~

Abigail'sMummy

Hi SlimmingWorld'ers,

Well I have decided to set one of these up, and use it as a food diary as well. Ive been doing Slimming world for 3 weeks now by myself and I am really enjoying it.

I am 25 years old, engaged and have a 20 month old little girl. I used to be very slim but a mixture of pregnancy, comfort eating and excessive studying (could come under stress eating!) has led me to the size I am now.

I am determined to get this weight off once and for all and I am so excited at the thought of being slim this year! This time, I really feel like I am going to do it! I am 26 in August and I am hoping that the majority of my weight will be gone by then.

I am in the process of applying to 4 medical schools at the moment. I recently relocated to be closer to the medical school I want to get into! Being a doctor has been a dream of mine all my life, and I have worked so hard to be in a position where I can apply. I am currently on a pre-medicine course and it is hard work! Im hoping to get a place for next September coming but I know my weight needs to be sorted for then as I need my energy on the wards and at the moment by weight holds me back so much. Not just for work, but in social situations. I dont initiate social situations and I find that the hardest thing about my weight gain as in real life, I am so bubbly and outgoing but I feel that my weight stops me from being the confident person I really am.

This year is going to be a NEW ME and I am so happy. I could potentially be going to medical school in September and be slim again! :D My fiance is very supportive of me and always cooks in frylight and only eats slimming world meals himself. He has now lost weight himself, and my little girl only eats slimming world meals as well lol. But, its not a fad diet, just healthy eating which is why I am raving about it.

Well, Im off to try out my new Zumba Fitness wii game I got for Christmas. Looking forward to getting know more of you and being a very slim mummy in 2012.

M xx:family2:

Excellent start to a diary!! :)
Can't wait to hear/read all about yr weight loss this year!! Xx

Thanks hun, and well done on your weight loss. You are more or less at the weight I would like to be. You even joined on my birthday ;) Hope you have had a great christmas xx

Abigail'sMummy said:
Thanks hun, and well done on your weight loss. You are more or less at the weight I would like to be. You even joined on my birthday ;) Hope you have had a great christmas xx

Thanks. When I first started I thought this weight would make me happy and super skinny but I'm actually going to re-do my target for about another stone!

I'll be happy with slow half pound losses tho :)

I gained half a pound today at WI...but I'm happy with that :-D

Hope you had an amazing Christmas xx

I think I have put 133 as my target, which is 9 and a half stone. I am a size 8 at that weight and it is very thin. You go girl, Im reading your diary now. :D x

So I weighed this morning and I have lost a lb!? It may have been my Zumba Fitness I did on the Wii yesterday night, so the lb I gained over the xmas period I have now lost again. So I am bang on 16 stone 12. Woop. Very happy.

Today's menu: Breakfast - Scrambled eggs and 2 slices of bread with a little bit of butter. 1.5 syns. 2 Weight Watchers Sausages which are delicious may I frickin add!!! 1/2 a syn each and so filling! I had 3 sausages, so just 1.5 syns for all of them & Baked Beans on the side.

Lunch - Mullerlite yoghurt

Dinner - Bacon Soup (Slimming World Extra Easy Book) I have had it before and its gorgeous (Syn free) Full of veg, red lentils, potatoes, carrots.

Snacks: Diet Lemonade
Tea
2 custard creams ( 4 syns)
1 tree chocolate (2.5 syns)

Total Syns: 10

Last edited:
Slightly down post girls...

So one of my friends I used to party with a lot hasnt seen me in a while. She has also had a baby in the last 5 weeks, well today she uploaded a picture on facebook and she is so so skinny and I found myself locking myself in the bedroom and having a good cry as to how I have really let myself go. I had my baby 20 months ago and I look a state! I used to be so thin, see pic of me 4 years ago attached. And I certainly dont look like that now. I know I am working towards changing it, but I just feel so angry with myself. I used to take care of myself so much, but since I have had a baby, started the path towards becoming a doctor I just look awful. I know she didnt mean anything by it, as she is proud of how she looks and I would too but it has put me on a right downer this evening :(

Attachments

• Me.jpg
    Me.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 130
Abigail'sMummy said:

So one of my friends I used to party with a lot hasnt seen me in a while. She has also had a baby in the last 5 weeks, well today she uploaded a picture on facebook and she is so so skinny and I found myself locking myself in the bedroom and having a good cry as to how I have really let myself go. I had my baby 20 months ago and I look a state! I used to be so thin, see pic of me 4 years ago attached. And I certainly dont look like that now. I know I am working towards changing it, but I just feel so angry with myself. I used to take care of myself so much, but since I have had a baby, started the path towards becoming a doctor I just look awful. I know she didnt mean anything by it, as she is proud of how she looks and I would too but it has put me on a right downer this evening :(

Oh no!!!! Don't feel down :-/ you can do it and yr taking the positive steps to make those changes!!
You have a beautiful baby, an amazing career ahead of you and a soon-to-be die for body...yr friends should be jealous of you!!
Plus to top it off u know u can get there!! You've been there before!! I. On the other hand, have been over weight all my life!! I actually don't know what it's like to feel happy with how I look! :-/ I willge there tho!!

Think of some positives in yr life, there's lots of things that you will have that others will want...that is the way of the world unfortunately!!

Chin up :) 2012 is going to be your year!! Xx

Abigail'sMummy said:

You are not the only one to change after having a baby! Often priorities change and looking after yourself isn't high up on that! Also the fact is you are doing something about it and how much more you will appreciate being skinny again knowing you worked to be that way and knowing how you feel now and how it feels being skinny again will mean you Stay skinny too! And besides - your weight now isn't for life! It CAN and will change! And I know you said it'll be easier being a doctor when your fitter, the fact is your weight is not currently stopping you from working towards this, so who cares about right now, it's tomorrow or the week or the month after that matters and for you, it'll just keep getting better and better as you lose your weight!

So for now, just think about how great your going to feel when you get back to that picture, and also remember the grass always looks greener! Meaning she may be unhappy in other areas where you are very happy and secure, and also, once there was, and one day there will be again, somebody crying because they want to be just as skinny as you

Your doing something about it, that's the main thing, it's not like your stuck in that place, you can change it - and you will

Chin up :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Awww thank you girlies, you have made me cry again..but in a good way..;)

I know you are both right, and its true the grass is always greener. Her baby is only 6 weeks old but she has had to separate from the father and live with her mother because he is a right ass to be fair. So, I know its not all rosy in her life which is probably the reason why she is so thin! Still, I need to concentrate on the positives in my life.

I feel so much better for writing it here, thank you my loves for the support I really appreciate it!! xxxx

Abigail'sMummy said:
Awww thank you girlies, you have made me cry again..but in a good way..;)

I know you are both right, and its true the grass is always greener. Her baby is only 6 weeks old but she has had to separate from the father and live with her mother because he is a right ass to be fair. So, I know its not all rosy in her life which is probably the reason why she is so thin! Still, I need to concentrate on the positives in my life.

I feel so much better for writing it here, thank you my loves for the support I really appreciate it!! xxxx

Glad We could help a little. It's easy to look at others and see what they have got that we want, I should know, I do it all the time lol xxx

Hi Abigails mummy

Just wanted to stop by and say hello and to give you a big :bighug: you have taken a massive step towards acheiving your weight loss goal and that takes guts and courage, so well done you.

As for your friend, I agree with Emmey and Cai and in the words of that great songstress Kylie 'We all have our cross to bear', I dont think life was ever meant to be easy, and you have a toddler and studying to deal with too. At least on Minimins we are all working towards the same thing and I think its great having this support around you.

I am really looking forward to seeing how well you get on this year

Take care

Val xxx

Thank you Jo, very kind of you to stop by. Looking forward to getting skinny with you too!

Today has been a good day or a hungry day should I say. Remind me never to rely on my fiance to make dinners. Grrrr Men! Ive been studying all day (epigenetics - if anyone is interested) so I had the same breakfast, I had yesterday. 3.5 syns, 1 banana and 1 mullerlite yoghurt.

Thats all I have had all day, because someone was lying on the sofa watching films ALL day!!! Im so hungry right now, I could hit him over the head with a frying pan lol.

He is currently in the kitchen making a slimming world korma, so I like him a little bit now..but dear god! A month ago, I would have just gone right in the kitchen and ate ALL of the lovely chocolates, sweets, biscuits and cakes left over from xmas. Oh well, Ill just get a glass of water and pretend its wine. Ho hum! After my korma, I will be having 3 custard creams Ive been looking forward to them all day...(2 syns each) I like to save the bulk of my syns for the evening as thats when I watch eastenders.

Taking me up to 9 syns for the day..Did I say I am hungry? lol

Ha ha ha he sounds like my hubby!

When i got back from my friends house today my hubby said he had eaten chip butties at his mums...So i made my tea and settled down for a night of TV...Then my mum asked me to take her to tesco, which I did. When i got back (about 9pm) my hubby was sat waiting for me to make him some tea!!!

This is not the first time he has done this either!!! :-/ but it is the only thing i can really complain about, he does cleaning and washing etc...we can't all be perfect (like us!) LOL x

I know how you feel, my little boy is 2 and it's taken me this long to do something about it. I started at the end of oct and I'm nearly at a stone and a half and even that has made a difference. I am starting to feel like me again wearing nice clothes and looking good I'm even turning heads now lol! You can do it we are all there for each other x

The support on this site is awesome .... :)

I know losing weight isn't going to be easy, but it looks like we're going to find a lot of friendship and support along the way. I love it!!!

Last edited:
Ha ha ha he sounds like my hubby!

hahaha, they really are all the same hun!! x

I know how you feel, my little boy is 2 and it's taken me this long to do something about it. I started at the end of oct and I'm nearly at a stone and a half and even that has made a difference. I am starting to feel like me again wearing nice clothes and looking good I'm even turning heads now lol! You can do it we are all there for each other x

Its a gradual thing, one minute you have a baby and you think I wont rush to lose it I have just had a baby and next minute your baby is 2 years old! Id love to know what its like to turn heads again, go you mama!

The support on this site is awesome .... :)

This site is brilliant! I can see its going to be such a great help for me. Im looking forward to getting skinny with all of you xxx

Back