My slimming world diary

Hi Lotte, really appreciate your kind words. I'm not really feeling like I'm doing well right now. I feel like it's just been a hard slog the last few weeks. It has been totally mental and I've let myself get bogged down in negative thoughts. I was about a stone lighter than I am in the summer and I kind of still think I'm there. I've found it hard knowing I've lost weight but still can't get into my stuff from the summer! It's like I've been doing sw for a week, why aren't I skinny yet?! I have had a bit of a talk with myself this morning and just decided to stop moaning, get on with it and accept how ever long it will take!

I go to classes on a Tuesday, not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. I am considering going on my own after Xmas. I think I do better on my own. Personally I wish I'd joined online, but it was cheaper to go to classes and get all the books etc.

I like having the veggie rice/noodles, I don't really notice the difference and they're good for sp days.

Last edited:
I'm attempting to do Slimming World on my own, I'm a student so can't really afford to go to group all the time. Reading your food diary really helps and gives me ideas, thank you!

Thanks whatkatiedid, nice to think I have been helping people with my diary. I do try to vary things. I do really enjoy cooking, it's just not always easy with the little ones and working evenings. Batch cooking really makes things easier, and more economical. Plus I love my slow cooker.

Today's food

250ml semi skimmed milk

Breakfast
Porridge 40g heb
Quark
Frozen mixed berries
Sugar 1 syn

Hi fi bar 3 syns
Banana

Lunch
Jacket potato
Baked beans
Carrots broccoli and green beans
Muller light chocolate and black cherry 1.5 syns

Pear, Apple

Dinner
Chicken breast
Roast potatoes
Yorkshire pudding 6 syns
Carrots, broccoli and green beans
Gravy 3 syns
Muller light vanilla and chocolate sprinkles

Total syns 14.5

Yesterdays food

250 ml semi skimmed milk

Breakfast
2 eggs
Sandwich thin heb
Ketchup 1 syn
Muller light chocolate and black cherry 1.5 syns

2 Hifi light bars 6 syns

Lunch
Roast potatoes
Salmon
Carrots broccoli and green beans
Muller light chocolate sprinkles

Tea
Chicken breast
Bacon
Tomato Pepper and cucumber

Banana Apple Pear

After work dinner
Speed Veggie soup
3 Hifi light bars 9 syns
Activia fat free yogurt

Total 17.5 syns

Hi Hun... I am 5 weeks in to a 12 week block of classes, I am thinking of joining ONLINE when I finish my block of 12 :)

I have a 4 year old and its not always easy to cook when he want my attention! I love batch cooking too-I always batch cook BBQ sauce-ITS yummy. I LOVE SW as love cooking too :)

I love your food. I LOVE eggs in the morning-fills me up :)

xxxx

I'm so rubbish about updating this! Keep thinking I'll write up a proper update when I get a moment and never do! Feel really positive this week. Feel like I've just stopped overthinking it and just got on with eating what I enjoy. And it's working! The Hifi light bars have helped keep my syns low when I want to have my little blow outs too.

I've been thinking about trying to jiggle around my routine with eating and work. Basically I eat something about 4-5 before I start, then when I finish at 10 I'm ravenous most days! It also doesn't help my job is pretty stressful and non-stop all night. So I get home about 11, hungry, exhausted and emotional!

Hubby could also be potentially joining sw with me. He's been having pains in his side for a while now, finally gone the doctors who've said it could be his gallbladder or liver causing it! He's had blood tests and going for an ultrasound, so we're waiting to find out, but it's really worrying me. His parents both have bad health problems due to their unhealthy eating habits and lifestyle and a few years ago Mil nearly died from a stroke. Hubby's never been one to eat healthy, he's never worried about it much either with having an active job until last year. He's driving now so has put on some weight since starting his new job and I think his bad habits are finally catching up with him. I'm not concerned about his weight as much as I am about just getting him to eat a bit healthier and do some exercise. I don't want him to end up the same as his mum or have our boys go through what hubby has had to with his parents.

Jules. Sorry just realised I never replied to you! It's not easy cooking with the little ones all the time. It's a bit easier with my eldest now, he likes sitting in the kitchen with me and will help chop up stuff etc. My youngest is a nightmare though, he doesn't want to sit in the highchair unless he's getting something to eat nd I don't like him running around the kitchen under my feet with the cooker on etc. If I try to plonk him in the front roomwwith toys etc to get stuff done, he just comes wandering around looking for me!

Haven't updated here with my food for ages , but have been keeping track on my phone and it's working. Lost 4lbs this week, got my half stone award finally and slimmer of the week! Absolutely made up!

Think it's worked better having less SP type days and more carbs. I'm more satisfied with my meals as a result and not eating as much in between either.

Hoping to lose another half a stone by Xmas, to take me to 11st and just over a stone lost. I can do this!

Hubby's joined with me this week too! He's a bit nervous but really making a good go of it so far already today.

Haven't updated here with my food for ages , but have been keeping track on my phone and it's working. Lost 4lbs this week, got my half stone award finally and slimmer of the week! Absolutely made up!

Think it's worked better having less SP type days and more carbs. I'm more satisfied with my meals as a result and not eating as much in between either.

Hoping to lose another half a stone by Xmas, to take me to 11st and just over a stone lost. I can do this!

Hubby's joined with me this week too! He's a bit nervous but really making a good go of it so far already today.

Whoo HOO Caroline, well done! that is a fabulous weight loss and getting slimmer of the week brilliant! I hope you are delighted and feeling proud :wee::woohoo:

My hubby joined slimming world with me when we started and it been great! it really is easier having him on board he is at target now and I am hot on his heels LOL

I am made up with my loss thanks. It's been the boost I've needed after a few pants weeks.

Having hubby doing sw has been good so far. He's making a real effort with it and it makes it easier for me cos there's less crap in the house to be tempted by. It also makes meal times so much easier. He wants to lose about 3 stone, so about the same as I do!

Really struggling today. Got a cold starting and just want comfort food. Also had just bolognese and veggies for lunch and have found I'm really craving sinful stuff as a result. Definitely going to be eating more carbs every meal!!

I've been thinking a lot about why I'm struggling this week and I really think it's cos of work/my routine. I work part-time and do 2 shifts one week, 5 the next. My two day week is fine, but just feel like my 5day week is so stressful. My eldest goes to nursery rotating weeks too and he does afternoon sessions on my 5 day week. I feel like we get next to no time in the mornings to get up to much, then he goes to nursery, youngest sleeps while I get ready for work and then after I pick him up, we go straight to sils and I leave the boys there while I run off to work for the night.

I have to travel 40 mins to work, then it's 5 hours over the evening, I don't always get a break if we're super busy and I don't get home until nearly 11pm! The only thing that really works logistically for my tea is something like sandwiches I can snaffle down quickly before I get to work and we're on strick no eating in the office cos I'm on the phones and radio. Then I'm always starving after work and either eat something I've brought with me at work or have something when I get home. I resent using all my heb/syns on butties and when I get home I'm that highly strung I just want something sweet to relax.

I really need a new job! Hahaha! Shame it pays so well and let's me stay home with kids, which is why I took it in the first place!!

Last edited:
Well, I was not in a positive mood about work yesterday! I am just finding everything a lot right now and Christmas is just adding one more spinning plate for me!

Thankfully I've worked out a solution to my working dinner problems, which is have a more filling butty before work! So bloody simple! Got some sausages and bacon cooking to have tonight. I also think I was having a bit of a strop cos I wanted to be able to eat more things like cereal bars and chocolates! I feel like it's easier to just not have stuff like that at all than try to only have a little bit. Since I made that decision today not to have any I'm doing much better!

We found out yesterday our neighbour passed away so it's been a bit subdued. We weren't terribly close but it's still upset me a bit. Which probably explains yesterday too!

This morning we've been putting the Christmas decorations up and it's honestly been like something out gremlins with my youngest constantly trying to get in at the tree! I've banished them both out the house with oh for a walk while I get ready for work and have a breather!!

Not been updating here for a while. I feel like I'm doing well on plan and crap at the same time. With OH doing SW as well it's brilliant cos there's nothing crap or tempting in the house anymore. I'm also eating 'on plan' foods without really having to think about it too hard. The only issue is, I don't think I'm concentrating on it as much as I should, my portions are definitely sneaking up a bit and there's not been enough speed food either. I put on 1.5 at weigh in this week which I was gutted about cos like I said I haven't been massively off plan.

So back to basics today, lots of speed and protein!

I've also decided these last few days to set my target at 10st 7lbs. This is above my healthy BMI and probably equates to around a size 12 for me. I probably could lose more, but I just thought to myself I don't really want to. I was this weight/size before having my kids and generally happy at it. I was also able to maintain it relatively easily whilst losely following SW. I haven't been there in 4 years and I just want to get back to there and maintain it for a while. If I want to review it then I can.

Knowing I only have about a stone to shift ununtil then has really given me a big kick up the bum. Time to focus.

Sometimes we put far too much pressure on ourselves and it helps to step back and have a fresh look at what we are doing and hoping to achieve. I think you are doing the right thing by setting a goal that is both realistic and achievable, along with one that makes you feel comfortable and happy with....this is by far the most important thing...as you see yourself...you are now feeling more energised and focused to shift that last stone.

Thanks mini, you're right it's made a huge difference to how I'm seeing my weight loss now and it has got me focused again. The good thing is, I don't have to stay there if I change my mind.

Back