My slimming world diary

Caroline1980

I've been doing sw for the last two weeks, and have so far lost 6lbs. I thought I might as well do a diary on here to hold myself accountable and keep track of all my ramblings.

I'm no stranger to sw and weight loss. I was a member of sw a long time ago when it was red/green days. In the last four years since having kids, I've put on a lot of weight but my priorities have been elsewhere. It's only really now my youngest is 18 months I feel ready to make a change. This is why I've chosen sw, it is a lifestyle change rather than a diet.

I have around 3-4 stone I'd like to lose, but I'm focusing on one week at a time and any loss is a loss. I'm not expecting a great result this week after scoffing a load of sweets on Wednesday and Thursday night after work. But I'm determined to not let it stop me.

This last week, I've been doing lots of batch cooking and have found planning and preparing my meals in advance has been a huge help. With two young boys and working in the evening, anything that saves me time is a bonus! I've done a big batch of speed veg soup in the slow cooker, and have magic porridge ready for breakfast.

Thanks timeforchange, I'll have a look at that. My slow cooker has hardly been used in ages and I've been doing loads in it since being at SW!

I lost half a pound tonight. On one hand I'm gutted cos I didn't get my half a stone award. On the other I'm made up to have had a loss after eating my body weight in sweets for two days. Onwards and downwards.

I've made up a pack of the free sw sausages from Iceland to have with eggs for breakfast and I've still got plenty soup left to have with my B choice for lunch the next few days. So I don't have to think too hard about what to eat.

I did want to get some exercise in this week by taking my boys out for a walk, but it's so cold and miserable here I can't see us going out tomorrow unless we need to!

Well done on the half a pound that is great every little bit gets us there, you will see your half stone award next week! sausages I love mallon gluten free sausages they are free on plan as well, or Heck sausages they do have syns but are low in syns!

Thanks, I'm just focusing on losing each week and not worrying about how much I lose.

Today has been a bit tough, not too bad food wise, but I've felt really grumpy and light headed. Like I need more carbs. I think tomorrow I'll have to make sure I have more. I never got out for a walk today, I couldn't bring myself to drag the boys out in the cold and rain. I'm determined we are leaving the house tomorrow, the three of us were climbing the walls by tea time!

Todays food
250 ml semi skimmed milk hea

Breakfast
2 sw sausages
2 eggs scrambled
WW yogurt

Lunch
2 Sandwich thins heb and 5 syns
Ham
Mayo 4 syns
Home made speed veg soup
Yogurt

Tea
Beef steak
Tomatos, pepper and cucumber
Yogurt

Snacks
Banana Apple Pear Grapes
4 belvita 10 syns

Are you trying to go low carb :) if not add them in they are part of the plan and are free and I love making my own chips or adding cous cous to my lunch I have found since starting slimming world I have nearly cut out bread only really have it as a HEB now

Oh and I agree it is very cold now!

Not really intentionally. I think with doing sp days last week I'm still in that kind of mentality. Which is good in one way, but I do think I need something with more carbs in it for breakfast. The days I have porridge or beans with breakfast aren't nearly so bad.

I have found that as well I need to have a lot of protein and some carbs at breakfast but sometimes porridge does not cut it for me! I am not sure if it is all the exercise but I get hungry again by 11 and need a second breakfast LOL not all the time just happened once or twice on me

I end up eating about 4 meals a day! Cos I eat with my kids and they're both still little, I tend to have breakfast about 7/8 lunch about 12/1, tea at 5 and then the nights I'm working I get in at 11 and am starving!
I think that's what's different this week, cos I'm not working my timings are all off!

Good job I am off this week, I was tucked up in bed at 8 pm last night, I was so tired. Ha ha ha, the exciting life I lead. It was a nice day, went to soft play with the youngest while my eldest was at nursery. Then had an afternoon of painting and sorting out toys. I'm trying to have a big cull ready for Christmas!

Know why I'm so tired anyway cos it's totm. Just hoping it doesn't make a difference to weigh in. It is making my hormones a bit flat though, just wanting lots of chocolate and comfort food!

Yesterdays food

250ml milk Hea

Breakfast
1Sw sausage
1 Egg
Beans
Yogurt

Snack
Banana Apple Pear
Alpen light cherry bakewell 1/2 heb

Lunch
Veggie chilli 2 syns
Cauliflower cous cous
Carrot broccoli and Cauliflower veg bag
Yogurt

Snack
Alpen light cherry bakewell 1/2 heb

Tea
BBQ pulled Pork 3 syns
Tomato Pepper Cucumber
Courgette noodles
Asda smart price fruit lolly 1.5 syns

6.5 syns

In a funny old mood today, started thinking about how much I want to lose and it feels very overwhelming. Initially I set out aimingto get to between 8-9 stone, which means losing 3-4 stone. I just feel like it will take forever. I don't know what I'm complaining about though, the time will pass anyway so I might as well lose the weight while it passes. It's not even like doing this is that difficult really. It's not like if I didn't do sw I'd be stuffing my face cos I'd made the decision to eat healthier off my own back before joining sw to help. I'm just having a little bit of a pitty party.

Today's food

250ml semi skimmed milk hea

Breakfast
2 eggs
2 sw sausages
Petit filous 1.5 syns

Snacks
2 Alpen light cherry bakewell heb

Lunch
Veggie chilli 2 syns
Courgette noodles
Tomato Pepper and cucumber
Raspberries and blueberries
Quark
Sugar 1 syn

Snack
Banana Apple Pear

Dinner
Bbq pulled Pork 3 syns
Veg bag
Butternut squash noodles
Petit filous 1.5 syns

Snack Alpen light 3 syns

12 syns

I understand that feeling I have had it myself massive hugs to you, I try not to think about the total amount I have to lose and just concentrate on my next award and make that my goal it helps me other wise it does feel so over whelming . I changed how I look at my target weight I have 9stone 7pounds but now I am thinking I will go by clothes size instead and when I reach that I will set my target. well done on staying on plan and good luck at weigh in :)

I've been awol from this for a while! My little sulk did end up getting the better of me last week. I ended up putting half a pound back on. Never mind. It's taught me a few lessons.

I always seem to do better when I have my meals somewhat planned in advance, so I cracked on with some batch cooking. Now my freezer is stocked up with plenty of quick easy meal ideas. I also think it's helped being back in work this week. Usually the nights I'm working I'm really busy the whole day and it keeps my mind off food and other things. The evenings I'm off I do end up navel gazing a bit! It's been extra busy this week with a poorly little one and my car is leaking too!

Hopefully my work will pay off this week. I'd really been hoping for a stone off before Xmas. But at the same time I'm happy as long as I'm sticking to plan and losing.

Yesterdays food

250ml milk Hea

Breakfast
2 eggs
2 Bacon
Wholemeal bread Heb
Spread 3 syns
ww yogurt

Lunch
BBQ pulled Gammon 1 syn
Cauliflower rice
Broccoli carrots and Cauliflower veg bag
Yogurt

Tea
Sandwich thin 5 syns
Light mayo 3 syns
Ham
Banana Apple Pear

Dinner
Ham
Tomatos Peppers Cucumber
Yogurt

Total 12 syns

Yesterdays food

250ml semi skimmed milk

Breakfast
Bacon
Egg
Sandwich thin heb
Ketchup 1 syn
WW yogurt

Lunch
Pork bolognese 2 syns
Cauliflower rice
Broccoli carrots and Cauliflower veg bag
Yogurt
Wotsits 5 syns

Tea
Sandwich thin 5 syns
Light mayo 3 syns
Ham
Banana Apple Pear

Dinner
Ham
Tomatos Peppers Cucumber
Yogurt

Total 16 syns

Hi Caroline.

I've just been reading through your post and your doing really well.

Sounds like your getting on brilliantly.

Do you go to any groups or are you a member online or anything?

I love reading through people's diaries, I find it really helps motivate me and helps me with food inspiration. Although I'm a big carb lover, I'm really tempted to give the corgette noodles a try this week after reading your food diaries.

Make sure you keep us posted in how you get on.

Lotte.x

Back