My Slimming World group has been cancelled

Oscaria

So after yet another hiatus from Slimming World, I returned to my class tonight since mid-November, only to find that the group has been cancelled. They couldn't find a permanent consultant.

The group was in the building next door to where I live, so it couldn't have been handier :cry: I've been away because of exams, then Christmas, then illness, then my birthday. Today was meant to be Day 1!

I did, however, go to the gym this morning and still plan to stick to Slimming World. The only difference is I won't have to pay any money and I'll have to motivate myself.

Have people had much success doing it this way? Other groups are when I have lectures, and being a second year uni student, I am at uni all day. This class location and time were perfect.

I don't want to give up ... I'm still going back to the gym tomorrow :cool:

This happened to me too, not so long ago. I found another group in a different town, but they're so cliquey, it's really late at night and it's a 30 minute drive.. I don't feel like I belong...

Hopefully your group will get a replacement leader, or a new person to take over and set up again soon :)

Keep at it!!

So after yet another hiatus from Slimming World, I returned to my class tonight since mid-November, only to find that the group has been cancelled. They couldn't find a permanent consultant.

The group was in the building next door to where I live, so it couldn't have been handier :cry: I've been away because of exams, then Christmas, then illness, then my birthday. Today was meant to be Day 1!

I did, however, go to the gym this morning and still plan to stick to Slimming World. The only difference is I won't have to pay any money and I'll have to motivate myself.

Have people had much success doing it this way? Other groups are when I have lectures, and being a second year uni student, I am at uni all day. This class location and time were perfect.

I don't want to give up ... I'm still going back to the gym tomorrow :cool:

Why do you not become a consultant yourself?

I've never been to a group and started it at home 3 months ago. It definitely works if you have the right mind set and can motivate yourself. Theres a thread here where lots of people are doing it from home if you need some support from people in a similar situation! :)

Thanks for the replies.

I don't want to become a consultant - I just want to do this for myself.

Actually, even though you dont want to become a consultant, you actually couldnt because you have to be a current member to be able to apply, so I think that lets you off the hook ;)

Loads of people doing it from home, as already said, I stopped going to group back in August last year and still manage to maintain and keep relatively on track despite the lack of support and believe me, maintaining is the tricky bit! All you need is this forum, the plan information, and the desire to succeed and its perfectly doable.

Hi

I didn't like my group and couldnt stand sitting through an hour hearing about everyone's loses or gains (made the class about 90mins in total). So I left and I joined a gym instead. Iv been doing ok myself for three weeks so far. I have a wee chart in my bathroom cupboard to chart my weight.

Give it a go yourself and keep regular contact with this site for help and motivation.. im lucky that my class is a good one and a nice one.. best of luck :D

I've only just joined SW and this sounds familiar! The temp leader explained they've been unable to find a permanent one for ages now but she's promised she'll be with us for 3-6 months. Luckily i have other groups nearby if needed. good luck! x

Thanks a lot. I have still stuck to it.

And now this means I can weigh-in in the morning when it's more accurate than at 7pm.

i can't afford to go to a group and if i could the times dont work due to my work hours etc.

I borrowed my mums book to get me started on knowing what to do and since then have been off on my own and find its works great.

I've got all the fantastic people on here if i do need any support or questions or help and my mum phones me every sunday when i get back from the gym to check what my WI came out as for that week. Between this haven't found not having a group a problem :)

our consultant recently told us "SW NEVER closes down a group"

seems she is wrong! tho she doesnt go to a group either, which really makes me :mad:..shes hardly in a place to call out weights, ask you what you will do to improve your loss for next wk etc if she dont even go herself!!

rant over...i still have the hump with her because when i was a bit cross last week having been so good and STS....i said "no way..." (while still on the scales) and her ever supportive response..."well...i am not magic...i cannot magic it off for you"!!

i have to admire anyone who can go it alone, i know i couldnt, i can see me at class forever to keep it off, but hats off to anyone who does it themselves i say!!

carriebrad said:

seems she is wrong! tho she doesnt go to a group either, which really makes me :mad:..shes hardly in a place to call out weights, ask you what you will do to improve your loss for next wk etc if she dont even go herself!!

rant over...i still have the hump with her because when i was a bit cross last week having been so good and STS....i said "no way..." (while still on the scales) and her ever supportive response..."well...i am not magic...i cannot magic it off for you"!!

i have to admire anyone who can go it alone, i know i couldnt, i can see me at class forever to keep it off, but hats off to anyone who does it themselves i say!!

I find this a bit odd, firstly-SW is a business, therefore if they have no consultant, they would have to close a group-I know they do say they never close a group, as in-classes run 52 weeks a year. Also from what our c has told us, they have to go to a group on a regular basis themselves! Your c doesn't sound the greatest to be fair!! x

carriebrad said:

I was in a group that closed but sw did open another local group in a different location, same day and time.

Good luck going alone you can do this. X

Thanks a lot. I have still stuck to it.

And now this means I can weigh-in in the morning when it's more accurate than at 7pm.

Good point! When I went to groups I starved all day because I was paranoid that my hard work wouldn't show on the scales. Lots of other women there admited to doing the same thing so it wasn't just me. Now I don't have to!

Back