My "sort of diary" - things looking up!

Eclipse

Gold Member
Well, I have been hiding from the boards for a while. Have had some problems to sort through plus..... I put on a few pounds. My weight went up to 11st 1lb and I was totally out of sorts.

I know I shouldn't (because my BMI is "normal" ) but I felt so uncomfortable that I went back on SS (LT) as from Monday.

I weighed this morning and I have lost an amazing 8lbs already! I just couldn't believe the scales and kept jumping back on to make sure.:scale:

I am hoping to get to just under 10 stone, and gradually re-feed (again). Hopefully this won't take long, and I must resist the temptation to faff around and start giving in to the CB.

As for the other problems in my life, they are slowing sorting themselves out (daughter problems mainly).:sigh:

We have also decided to put the house on the market again, and downsize to a nice little bungalow to make things a bit easier in our old age. Surprisingly, the value has increased by £35,000 since we put the house on the market last February.

So all in all, things are looking a bit brighter.

Oh, and I have been for my cancer check today, and my Oncologist is quite pleased with me. Had blood tests done, which is usual, and he said he would contact me if there are any problems.

Spent the afternoon shopping with mum, and had quite a nice day really. Sun was shining, a bit cold, but pleasant really.

Sorry if I have bored anyone, just wanted to write it all down and see it all in black and white if you know what I mean.

sorry to hear u have been having a tough time but 8lbs down thru all that is really great! keep on truvking, it wont take long. you'll be at target in no time

xxxx

Hey gorgeous!! :D
I never realised you were having problems, I'm sorry :(
Well, I have been hiding from the boards for a while. Have had some problems to sort through plus..... I put on a few pounds. My weight went up to 11st 1lb and I was totally out of sorts.

I know I shouldn't (because my BMI is "normal" ) but I felt so uncomfortable that I went back on SS (LT) as from Monday.

I weighed this morning and I have lost an amazing 8lbs already! I just couldn't believe the scales and kept jumping back on to make sure.:scale:

that's brilliant - you looked incredible at Portsmouth.. I'm sure you still do!

As for the other problems in my life, they are slowing sorting themselves out (daughter problems mainly).:sigh: Well, glad to hear they are sorting out... albeit slowly..

We have also decided to put the house on the market again, and downsize to a nice little bungalow to make things a bit easier in our old age. Surprisingly, the value has increased by £35,000 since we put the house on the market last February. oooh, wonderful! and a bungalow will be idyllic for you guys :D

Oh, and I have been for my cancer check today, and my Oncologist is quite pleased with me. Had blood tests done, which is usual, and he said he would contact me if there are any problems. Am sure there won't be :D

Spent the afternoon shopping with mum, and had quite a nice day really. Sun was shining, a bit cold, but pleasant really.

Sorry if I have bored anyone, just wanted to write it all down and see it all in black and white if you know what I mean.
You could never bore anyone! Know exactly what you mean... glad you said it all too! :D

loads of love and big squishy hugs! xxxxxxxx

Oh, and I have been for my cancer check today, and my Oncologist is quite pleased with me. Had blood tests done, which is usual, and he said he would contact me if there are any problems.

That's sounding good!!:clap: Hope you sort out daughter soon;)

Instances in life can really impact upon our relationship with food. I'm happy to hear things are getting better with you are I think you are such a lovely, lovely woman and soo.. brave.

I for one am pleased you took the bull by the horns to do what YOU had to do to get your weight down.

As I said, you've done what you needed to do and you're now reaping the rewards. :D

I am hoping to get to just under 10 stone, and gradually re-feed (again). Hopefully this won't take long, and I must resist the temptation to faff around and start giving in to the CB.

As for the other problems in my life, they are slowing sorting themselves out (daughter problems mainly).:sigh:

We have also decided to put the house on the market again, and downsize to a nice little bungalow to make things a bit easier in our old age. Surprisingly, the value has increased by £35,000 since we put the house on the market last February.

Me thinks the sun is shining on you at the moment. xx

I'm pleased you are back all things considered. I'm visualising your gorgeous figure (in a non-pervy way :)) I saw in Portsmouth. Inspirations!

:)

Hi Cheryl,

Delighted things are going well and a fab result with the weight loss.

Love Mini xxx

Brilliant weight loss!! I'm glad things are brighter for you, i hope you sell quickly and you get your bungalow.
You will get to where you want to be in no time - i'm sure of it!! :)

Hi hun, sorry thing havn't been too good for you recently, but by the sounds of it they are starting to pick up.
hope you manage to sell the house fairly quickly & get yourselves a lovely little bungalow for the two of you.
i'm sure you have nothing to worry about with your check up, but knowing your history i can appreciate your apprehension.
:hug99: & possitive :vibes:
xx:)

Wasn't supposed to be a diary thread, but heyho...

Had another dreadful night's sleep last night. Having problems with my legs (been going on for a while). Having had 2 lymph glands removed from my left leg, and one from my right, and several treatments of radiotherapy, I now suffer from Lymphodeama (sp). This is not always too bad, but recently has got very uncomfortable. Legs swell up and feel very hot and tight. Not nearly as some I have seen who have the same problem though, thankfully. I have attended the Lymphodeama Clinic, and support stockings and socks will be ordered. Had a scan on my legs last week to make sure all blood is flowing correctly etc, so thatI can go back and get the said stockings (quite fetching - not!).

Consequently, I am totally knackered, and was up several times too for a pee!

Got up this morning at 7.35 to find hubby still in bed, he had overslept. He's usually out of the house by 7.30 - so mad panic and off he went.

Weather is dismal, raining, blowing altogether miserable!

Had friend on phone for half an hour this morning, and mum has just rung again (3rd time so far today!). Mum's phone calls are quite normal, and I can expect anything up to 6 a day. We only live half a mile away from each other, but you would think I was at the end of the country. I don't mind really, but its usually nothing - the latest storyline of Coronation Street - which I don't watch - or she has even been known to give me a blow by blow account of her shopping list! Gotta laff sometimes (otherwise I would go mad :banghead: )

Also, have just done an hour's ironing - which I hate, and which is not finished and is hanging over me like the harbinger of doom, and what I have left is the ones that are the worst to iron - as usual!

But, suprisingly, I don't feel pi**ed off, must be getting a Ketosis "high", even though I tested my wee and its showing negative. Which is quite normal for me really.

Oh and I have been drinking green tea, quite nice. Makes a nice change for me, LT don't have a great deal of choice in the flavour department, and I only have vanilla and chocolate - but spice them up a bit with coffee and/or cinammon.

Hoping to only have to stick to this for another week to ten days, and then get stuck in to the re-feeding part.

Well, that's me up to date. Been very tempted to give into a vodka frenzy this evening, if only to help me sleep! Have had the occasional one before when I've been SSing, doesn't affect the weight loss, just my brain (not that anyone would really be able to tell the difference:eek: ).

Hubby is due home at 5, he's having a bad day at work too. They are changing hours and pay rates, and he's not at all happy! But the firm he works for are notorious, and don't really care much about their employees, basically if you don't like what's on offer, then you vote with your feet! His feet are far too old to vote, and try for another job (even if there were any down here in the wild west), so he just has to get on with it really. Luckily, he doesn't sulk or go "funny", just plods along, and even more luckily doesn't bring any work problems home, tells me, we discuss it and then it is "filed".

The more I write, the more I feel that an alcoholic evening is looming, more for him than for me you understand :p . But if he's going to have a slurp or two, it would be SO rude not to join him, don't want him feeling lonely.

Right, ramble over, back to the ironing.

Have a great weekend everyone who is desperate enough to read this drivel.

X X X

Well done on doing your ironing!! I hate it and tend to put things in the dryer, then shake them and fold whilst still warm. Hey presto instant ironing!! LOL

Hope you sleep better tonight :)

hi you :D

Sorry to read about the legs! Still... bet you can jazz up the stockings with some fluffy stuff and sequins eh ;) :D just trying to make light of it sweetheart - I know it ain't a laughing matter... :(

Alcoholic night for the pair of you eh? :giggle: lol... now there's a surprise .. :whistle: ;) :p lol

You sound a lot brighter so am very very happy to read this - keeping a diary can be very therapeutic you know! lol ;)

Will have to catch up properly very soon! (PM on its way! ) :D :D :D xxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, today's Monday, and I am the same weight as I was last Thursday/Friday. No probs really, cos it means I am still 8lbs down for the week. Just need to keep at it until I see the magic 10 stone on the scales, and then back to reintroducing food again.

Saturday was a beautiful day here, lovely sunny weather. Got loads of washing done, changed beds etc etc. All very boring to those of you reading I know, but it was what I did. Hubby did the garden, and told me later that evening that he thinks we had a "drive by" viewing, as a car pulled up and had a look at the house. Sounds good to me.

Hit the vodka last night, and again on Saturday night, but hey ho it did, and does, help me sleep. Not very strong ones, purely medicinal you understand.:eek:

Yesterday, Sunday was a dreadful day, weatherwise, but lovely in other respects. We babysat for my twin 18 month old grandchildren, which I love doing as they are so much fun. The girl Kyah is a right character and full of mischief, the boy Taylor, is totally different, a little bit clingy but full of love.

Came home from there and fed hubby and had shake. No more vodka last night, consequently had a terrible nights sleep, leg was bad again. Didn't manage to get off to sleep till about 4am and then my neighbour rang me at 7.35am to ask if she could put some rubbish in my bin as hers was full! Needless to say, I was not amused.

Oh, and another thing, why do people open mouths before engaging brain? Was in Morrisons on Saturday and an acquaintance came up to me and said "I see you've lost weight - have you got cancer again?" WTF, I mean, after all the determination, willpower etc I have had, to lose weight and mostly maintain! I put her straight - in no uncertain terms as I was fuming. I said "No, I am dieting and watching what I eat. I struggle to lose weight and maintain and don't have cancer again". Makes me wonder whether other people are thinking the same thing "Oh she's lost weight easily because she's got cancer" Well I haven't GOT cancer, I HAD cancer and all the way through I have fought weight gain.

OK rant over - sorry

Anyway, today hubby rang me from work, still not a happy bunny regarding change in working conditions and pay,so I have sent his CV off to some other local companies to see if they would be interested. I haven't said anything to him, but I don't hold out much hope as his age is a bit against him unfortunately. Seems unfair, as he has so much experience etc, but at 54 prospective employers seem to think he is "over the hill" as it were.

Sun is trying to shine, very windy here, white horses in the bay - very picturesque.

Have had one shake and loads of water, next shake is scheduled for approximately 2.30. In the meantime, I shall clean the bathroom and tidy around the house. Its not too untidy as we are trying to keep it respectable in case of any panic viewings.

Rightey oh, off again now to visit loo and do something constructive.

Boring post over and out!

Oh, and another thing, why do people open mouths before engaging brain? Was in Morrisons on Saturday and an acquaintance came up to me and said "I see you've lost weight - have you got cancer again?"

:eek::eek: Did you ask her if she still had anorexia :D or if she's thought about starting the diet? Duh....some people eh:rolleyes:

hi hun,
i note you call her an aquaintance & not a friend, & i can see why she never made it to friend level.
like you said, some people really are dangerous with their mouths (talk & food :eek: )
stick at it hun YOU know what & why you do what you do
xx:)

Hi gorgeous :D

Glad you got the housework done (I hate doing that but love how it all looks afterwards and that smug feeling you get for the first half hour whilst all looks pristine.. lol) and the bay sounds simply stunning!

Good news about the drive by viewing too! Fingers crossed on that one! NOT very happy with that ignorant bint though!!! Grrrr... how rude and insulting too! Thoughtless mare!! People can be so flaming insensitive too... not to worry sweetheart.. WE know the truth and YOU know the truth and now (as I'm sure she was left in no doubt) SHE knows the truth too! lol ;)

Sorry to hear you aren't sleeping well... :( is there anything Dr can help you with to aid some sleep? Or to ease your poorly legs? :( sounds simply horrid!

Well done on shifting the 8lbs! :D :D

Oh, and... NOT a boring post at all!!!!
(((((((((hugs)))))))))) xxxx

Back