My SS Diary

OMG I ate a liquorice allsort and my scales have flat batteries, why did I not buy spare batteries :doh:

Just make sure you stop at one liquorice alsort lady! You're doing so well! I'm on a similar stage to you, I'm on day 12. Don't you find it's getting a little easier now? Remember you're not denying yourself anything, you're choosing not to eat anything for a while in order to become slim and healthy!

Cheers Emma, you're right it is a little easier now, but bertie bassett is my best friend. Anyway OH has eaten all the allsorts now so they're not going to torment me anymore. The guilt and disappointment I felt afterwards totally outweighed the taste of them. Going for my 1st WI tomoz so fingers crossed it's a good loss!
Congrats on your 10lb darl that's awesome in a week :0clapper:

Had my WI today and lost 17lbs (in 2 weeks), next WI 15th Sept, and hoping to have lost enough to bring me down to the 2 stone mark (at least 11lbs). I feel really proud of myself, despite the Bertie Basset incident lol,
:wee:

Day 16, not hungry at all today, tbh could do without my shakes but best try to have them. Got new batteries for the scales but am gonna try not to weigh myself everyday. Next week is back to school Yippee!!!! so I can get some swimming done, I was thinking of rejoining the gym but that might be a bit ambitious just yet, I might frighten the natives if I turn up in lycra:eek:.
I hope everyone else is having a good day too :wavey:

Congratulations on your weigh in :) Are you feeling any better now? I'm on day 14 and still constantly knackered and exhausted. Wish I got the ketosis kick but it seems I don't! I know what you mean about not being hungry and not wanting the shakes, I remembered this morning that I only had 2 yesterday, ooops. Will make sure I have my 3 today. I scales hop too cos it gives me something to look forward to but it doesn't affect how I feel or what I do, I just keep to it 100% plodding on :)

Are you anywhere near me? I'm in Leeds. I need someone to swim with but can only swim in the evenings cos I work in the day time.

Emma xx

Hi Pauline

Thanks for posting your story so far. Hope you're feeling better now and settling in to CD? I started on Sunday and have had an OK-ish week so far. I too started TOTM earlier than normal like Natalie and had the worst migraine ever with it! Feeling better today – more energy and getting used to drinking lots of water, but I'm coming out in a few spots. Maybe it's my body flushing out all those nasty toxins?

Anyway, will check in soon to see how you are getting on x x

Hi Emma, I was totally exhausted until yesterday when I made myself walk to the playpark with the kids, easy on the way there but all uphill on the way back, I felt shattered last night but today I seem to have more energy, so we have walked up to where my old school is being demolished (big hill again) and I feel ok now. I wonder if the walking has kick started some energy release in my body? I live on the north east coast, just up from Whitby so although I would love to join you swimming it's a bit far to travel lol, but I bet there's someone on here who is nearer and could go with you.
Let's keep plodding on together girl we can do this!!:girlpower:

Hi Claire, I got terrible skin for the first week but it seems to have settled down now, just had my last shake of the day and got some old school pals coming round later, we are gettin together to remember a guy who we went to school with who died recently, unfortunately they will probably all be drinking alcohol, but I am hoping to keep busy being the hostess and not be tempted.
Good luck on your CD journey and thanks for following my CD experience:worthy:

Oh dear, I drank some wine and had some peanuts (slap wrists). But we gave Nige a good send off, (have a safe journey dude, see ya on the other side). It has been an eye opener when someone of your own age dies suddenly, especially when we were organising the reunion in October.
Anyway enough maudlin. Back on track tomora, 100 % without a doubt.
Going to leisure centre to get my prepay swim card so no excuses cos it will be already paid for.
DS took some fotos of me tonite so I will try to get em on my profile when I can so there's a face to the name and ramblings lol. Take care everyone and goodnight xx

Sorted my gym membership out, it's only £26 a month and I can swim, gym or any of the exercise classes, whenever I want. Gym induction next Friday then off I go...wibble wobble wibble wobble to the peak of fitness:character00116:

:(Week 3 and the weekend was pap, I was extremely stressed as my DS was attacked by 2 older lads who made him lie on the floor and whipped him with a dog leader, he's only 10 ffs. His self esteem is shattered now and he is having nightmares. We spent all day speaking with the police, making statements, getting injuries photographed etc, and when we got home I just cried and cried, and true to form had a pizza and some cider to comfort me (food will always be my best friend I think):tear_drop:
Anyway I got back on plan on yesterday but am struggling cos I feel so low still and I am tired cos DS is having terrible dreams and wants me to sit with him till he goes back to sleep..I could kill the scum who did this to him, but then I would be no better than them. Gonna have to stay strong for myself and DS...I hope my Guardian Angel is up for it:help2:
Sorry to go on folks, thanks for listening

really sorry to hear about your son hope they catch the little sods. Know its hard but stick with it you have done so well and you will only feel worse for giving in to temptation. xx

I know darl. My darling boy won't go to bed on his own, won't go to school on his own, and I am mortified that I couldn't keep him safe. Since the incident I comfort ate but then felt really sick so I haven't been able to eat anything (even a shake) or even stomach any water or anything else. I feel tired, my head is bangin and to be honest I feel like I am on the brink ov who knows wot! I haven't been able to stomach anything since Monday evening (it's thursday now) why can't something just go right for us. On top of what has happened to DS my OH is on short time from work so money is tight... and guess wot will be the sacrifice.. yep my CD, just hope I can keep it goin for a bit. But the way I feel It doesn't matter cos I am so churned up that I can't face food or anything else... soz for moaning on I will be quiet now and hopefully get some sleep tonight

Couldn't get to WI this week, was ill at weekend and went to hospital with suspected appendicitis, but turns out I had an ovarian cyst that had burst, they had to take ovary and fallopian tube out to stop infection spreading. So I am back home now, a bit sore, but gettin better day by day. Can't do CD till docs give me the go ahead ( my CDC said it could be 12 weeks after surgery), I hope everyone is ok and keeping motivated, and 'I'll be back' :airquote:

Back