My step by step "guide" to getting back on track

lighterlifeclaire

Silver Member
Right, I don't have the answer, because It's official... I am probably the most frequent lapser on this diet anyone has ever seen...

For the past few weeks I have indulged myself... I haven't eaten excessive amounts, and I haven't put on weight.. I have been to see my LLC (that was last saturday) and she questioned whether I should carry on, as did I... I am struggling to find reasons of WHY i am still doing this diet as all of the goals I set at the beginning, have been achieved...for example:

1) shop in normal shops
2) fit into a "normal" chair
3) be able to do exercise without gettin ridiculously tired
4) wear skirts with no tights with confidence
5) wear heels and not feel like an elephant on matchsticks

... so, I've done that.. and I've lost nearly 7 stone (ticker ain't updated 4 ages)... BUT... I still have a BMI over 30 but that isn't powerful enough to keep me going. So with ur help I'm really hoping to get myself back on track... I am finishing in 5 weeks ANYWAY (and moving to RtM) so it shouldn't be that hard, but it has been...

Today is day one... I haven't had a shake yet, I actually woke up and had a yougart (I can't spell!). But nomore... from this point I am sticking to it... I'm guna keep this post bumped and I will post here when I struggle.

Sorry to everyone for not being around :( Hope ur all well xx

.... well rant over.......

Hi Claire

Well done on reaching all those goals. I can understand how you are feeling, development for me has also been harder, but I have revisited my goals and now set myself goals for every single day. Its easier in the week I stick them on my outlook calendar and they pop up every hour or so just to remind me.
This is your journey honey and if you are happy with how you are then there is no reason for you to conform to glossy magazine images of how a woman 'should' be. You have achieved so so much. How about you make yourself a deal for every lapse you have you need to spend another week in abstinence, that way you will get the max out of the next four weeks.

PS did you know you are one of the reasons I started this diet!! Way back in Dec/Jan I read your blog and posts and looked at your pics.

Ah Tange, thats good to know... I know quite a few people who messaged me in the early days saying my pix were amazin... :) It really helped, and it still does but I still struggle to wonder if I actually want to be a size 12...

Well today is going good anyway, I am atleast giving it a week until I make a decision because I know I go through phases like these where I just want to give up... maybe for the wrong reasons. I thought if I write it down it will keep me grounded and I won't make stupid decisions, and so far I haven't :) Thanks Tange... I best go and have another glass of water... thinking of going for a bike ride in the sun in a bit :D

Hi Claire

there is a size 12 in all of us. Enjoy your bike ride. good time to reflect on what you really want when it comes to your body. the most important thing is that you are happy and like what you see in the mirror.

Enjoy the sunshine!!

Tange

hi claire,7 stones wow that is a huge amount of weight. Had a look at your pics you look fab and sooo much younger even though u are young if you know wot i mean. best of luck with the rest of you LL journey. u really are an inspiration :)

becky x

Claire it's good to see you posting, I had missed you.

You're right you've met those goals, are there any more that you want to meet that you could aim for. You've done brilliantly but to be honest if you were where you really want to be then you would stop so it feels like you might really want to lose some more.

If you stick to it solidly for the next 5 weeks you're gonna lose a substantial amount so give it your best shot - good luck honey x

Claire it's good to see you posting, I had missed you.

You're right you've met those goals, are there any more that you want to meet that you could aim for. You've done brilliantly but to be honest if you were where you really want to be then you would stop so it feels like you might really want to lose some more.

If you stick to it solidly for the next 5 weeks you're gonna lose a substantial amount so give it your best shot - good luck honey x

Thanks Katie, I've kinda missed being here! I have lurked A LOT though!! So I know what you're all up to :D

... I have had a think about it, and if I can stand it, will stick to it for the next 5 weeks... - I am really lookin fwd to group this week because we didn't have one last week (LLC had an op... and couldnt find a locum, so we had an "admin assistant" weigh us and give us packs - when I turned up every1 had already been and gone!)

Day two of the shakes 2day... :)

Well after my work trip away I'm joining you on the lapsing sofa - am now on day 6, so come on let's do this :)

I'm a lapser too. About 10 days now. The first 2 or were intentional as I had a much needed weekend away for a special occasion but I have struggled to get totally back on the diet since then...to the point that over this weekend I have totally given up again. I'm nowhere near my goals and really need to get in the zone that I was when I first joined LL. I wasn't well enough to go to class on Friday either which obvioulsy hasn't helped.

You've achieved so much Claire, I can't imagine even contemplating losing 7 stone, you are such an inspiration with how you find your determination again, please pass a little of it along to me!!! :eek:

Hi Claire, you have done so well so far.. try and stick with it for the next 5 weeks, it's amazing how much you will lose in that time... I know you can do it... you don't get to lose what you have without determination... Go Claire... you can do this :D

7 stone! god claire thats fantastic

I know how you feel Claire - I cannot get my head sussed and get back on track right now. I had lost almost 8 stone when I fell off the wagon big time and didn't have the same motivation to re-start as when I staretd initially - I didn't feel thin just not horribly fat anymore. Now I'm only a couple of stone off being my heaviest again and I still can't get my head in gear - good luck with getting back on track, wish you every success.

How are you doing Claire? where are you?....
you've gone again are you sticking with it ????
thinking of you
you are our inspiration on this forum we need you are you ok?

Bumping the post for you claire

elo ello... thanks for bumping it chocoholic xxx

I am here but I have decided to move on to RtM. My blood pressure has been low for the past two check ups and I have been advised to start eating gradually because of the amount of exercise I'm doing.

My LLC has agreed and said its a good idea because there are no more powerful goals for me to set in order to keep me on abstinence.

SO... i am still on the programme, but I think I will do an extended version of RtM to help shift the remaining 2 stone or so I want to lose - It's exciting, but at the same time a bit daunting. I will create another post incase people think I have gone AWOL ! x

Oh thats good Claire i was a little worried as we normally see something from you most days You have achieved so much in a short time the difference in you is amazing hope all goes well with your RTM I am sure you will be able to lose & maintain all you want to Your posts are inspirational keep posting

elo ello... thanks for bumping it chocoholic xxx

I am here but I have decided to move on to RtM. My blood pressure has been low for the past two check ups and I have been advised to start eating gradually because of the amount of exercise I'm doing.

My LLC has agreed and said its a good idea because there are no more powerful goals for me to set in order to keep me on abstinence.

SO... i am still on the programme, but I think I will do an extended version of RtM to help shift the remaining 2 stone or so I want to lose - It's exciting, but at the same time a bit daunting. I will create another post incase people think I have gone AWOL ! x

Hi Honey, good to know that you're still sticking with it - am sure that you'll be able to lose that 2 stone in no time --- wow imagine being only 2 stone away from goal ...... well done you :D

Keep us posted!

Back