My sugar-free 10 weeks...

lizzi

Wow, it's not going to be easy! I'm a self-confessed sugar and caffiene addict and chocoholic. My weight has balooned in the past two years and I"m sick of it. I've challenged myself again and again and failed, struggled with comfort eating and binge eating...but I've decided. Now's the time to stop! It's not going to be easy...but I'm going to do it!

Day 1 without sugar's going OK so far - I haven't been out to the shops so there's no temptation...going swimming later, and I know it's after that, near the vending machines etc that I'll be tempted. Resistance...

I know my goals in my signature seem bizzare, but I've got to really focus on giving up the sugar...then giving up the caffiene. But the sugar's the most important one...that, and sweetener really. So it's goodbye to my beloved skinny sugar free vanilla lattes from starbucks...because sadly even the sugar free things are fattening.

You see, I"m organizing freshers week at university, and I'm a student union representative...and call me shallow, but it'd be nice not to be "the fat one" but instead to be "the hot one".......hmm, I'll be back on tomorrow, no doubt with a massive "WHY DID I GIVE UP SUGAR THE DAY BEFORE A PICNIC WITH THE GIRLS" rant...!!

Sugar free day's gone well. Nothing. Bit of a craving, but I had a couple of dried apricots....we won't mention the piece of cheese....hmmmm!
Tomorrow'll be tough!!
Eek!

You are doing so well hunny – keep up the good work! I know how hard it is and I am also trying to avoid my favourite foods which are all sweeties and chocolate! They are my downfall and when i slip I binge really badly! Someone brought a gorgeous home made cake into work yesterday and I am managing to say 'no thanks' so far but its very hard. Best of luck!

hey hunni good luck on this one i would love to join u but for me it would be choc and sweets...would be interested to see how some one else gets on with it!!
xxx

I"m being strong...haaa, the whole "trying to plan freshers week" is bringing out my comfort eating streak....but I"m staying out of the kitchen. Literally...haha!!

Salad for lunch, healthy healthy...then I might go into town. Just a matter of avoiding the sweets....argh haha!! Just need to get out of the house really though...hmmm!

ok i think ive joined u...but with me im allowing my self the ODD bad of t*yt* lol!!

hope ur doing ok....whats worse is with doing something like this i think u just spend sooooo much time thinking bout sugar!!

hope u havent caved xxx

Hi there Lizzi

I noticed on your bio that you are doing Jason Vale's - Lose 7 lbs in 7 days, is this still correct ?

Im doing a combination of that plus Gillian Mckieth - You are what you eat , with lots of excercise & am looking to lose 70 lbs in 14 weeks.....Phew

Yep, Im pretty determined and do re-read his book to focus on the end result !

You can do it Lizzi - just imagine yourself strutting your stuff in 10 weeks time ;)

Aaah I need to change that - I did the 7lbs and lost ...7lbs...then put it back on...error error error!
I'm just going to try and cut out the sugar and go for ...well, what you're doing really! Although, I've found quorn a really good substitute for meat. Just don't go for the ones with fillings, go for plain quorn and make it into a casserole....

I had a slight error today with some toffee popcorn and a lack of thinking, but it was only a couple of pieces....so I won't let it throw me off... :)
xx

Oh! Catznolan, just saw your post! Um....yeah. The toffee popcorn error.....at least it wasn't a galaxy error.

I do think about sugar way too much. It's bad....but - seriously. Get off sugar for a couple of days, then eat some pineapple. Surprisingly sweet....

ye i did ll and was off sweets and that for 23 weeks didnt touch a thing...then even when i did i didnt like it...but after a while i got the taste for it again!!

well im on day 2 of not eating it and have lost 1/2lb already which is brill!!

dont worry bout the popcorn it was only a slight error ;) lol!!

have a good day
xxx

Back