My Summer of Slimming World

realme2B

OK, if all goes well it will be a bit more than just a 'Summer' of Slimming World - it'll be an Autumn, Winter and Spring of Slimming World too! I've got 4 1/2 stone to lose after all, and these are supposed to be long term changes in lifestyle. But for the moment, lets just concentrate on the immediate future. For now I'll be happy to get through one week on the plan. I'll think about next week when it comes.

I've done SW before, so I know pretty much what I should be doing. It is just putting it into practice that I struggle with. Still, I've got a fridge full of veg, a freezer full of nice lean meat, and a cupboard full of rice, pasta, noodles and pulses etc. How can I fail (no... don't answer that!!)

Anyway, a little about me. I'm 36, 5ft 5in tall and a mother of two crazy, lovely boys. Oh, and as of this morning I weigh 15st exactly. Yikes!! How did that happen??? I mean, I have always struggled with my weight, and had been hovering around the 14st mark for ages, but when did it creep up to 15st??

I must do something about this. I must change the attitude that leads to me putting on weight when I am supposedly trying to lose it. Here goes...

So Day one on the plan looks like this...

Breakfast - no breakfast (naughty I know, but working at home today and just didn't feel like anything until later on).

Lunch - smoked salmon risotto (rice, spring onion, garlic, peas, smoked salmon, with Philly light and low fat fromage frais stirred through) - HEX A - 1/2 Philly light (30g) and 1/2 milk allowance

Dinner - roast pork (lean meat only), roast potatoes, lots of roast veg (red peppers, onion, mushroom, courgette, carrots) - HEX B - olive oil.

Snack 1 - slice of smoked salmon

Snack 2 - banana and strawberries with Delight chocolate dessert on top (5 syns)

Any thought welcome :)

A xxx

So, day 2 and I'm feeling pretty positive.

Breakfast - none

Lunch - lamb chow mein (left-over lean roast lamb, egg noodles, onion, mushroom carrot, red pepper, courgette and soy sauce) - HEX B - Olive Oil

Dinner - spaghetti and meatballs (homemade lean pork mince onion, mushroom and courgette meatballs, in a chopped tomato, onion and mushroom sauce and wholewheat spaghetti, topped with 30g grated cheddar (HEX A)

Snack 1 - slice of smoked salmon

Snack 2 - tinned pears, juice drained, with Delight chocolate dessert on top (7 syns)

I know I should eat breakfast, and I sometimes do at the weekends, but I'm just not hungry first thing in the morning and never have any problem making it through to lunch. I will try and start to have something in the mornings though as I know it would be good for me.

Back