My supplies have just turned up. but PLEASE HELP

Pearly0505

Hi Guys,
Bit of a back story to begin with:
Back from june last year i started dukan on which i lost 53lbs, it worked great for me because i need strict guidelines. however i had to change to ww for my job (i will explain in a bit) and since then i havent lost any weight. not even the 7lb i put on over xmas, its the freedom it gives me which results in me going overboard.
So i have decided to come on over to exante as i think its about the strictest i can get.

The problem being - i work in an eating disorder unit. meaning i have to eat with patients. this is all fine on most shifts (lates = 1 meal so i can do WS, nights = no meals)
however on an early shift i have to take part in 2 meals. breakfast and lunch. lunch is fine as i can have what i like: ie: low carb / high protein.
however breakfast is the problem. i have to eat either cereal, toast or porridge (what brands / types can be my choice = i take in my own)
i've been trying to low carb recently in preperation and have been taking in some lizi's granola (as found on Cold Cereals | Low Carb Megastore).

What i am wondering is there any better choices?
i dont mind buying from any of the following:
Avidlite low carb cereal and breakfast bars
Hot Breakfasts | Low Carb Megastore - i was mainly thinking about the hot oatmeal from here (being only 2g carbs a serving)
or supermarkets or other suggested sites.

edit to add: i will be following exante as required on all days except when i do earlies (maximum 3 a week, but mainly 1 or 2 a week) and i know that because of this my losses will be a bit slower than everyone elses. but as long as the weight comes off eventually its fine.

ANY advice would be greatly appreciated. bar giving up my job as i love it and wouldnt give it up for the world.

Last edited:
If I had to choose between them Id go with the dietimeal one. The other has aspartame in it which can stall people on low carb diets.

I agree, the dietimeal looks good. Must be difficult for you with your job but if you stick to low carb for breakfast and have maybe a WS day when you do lunch you should be fine. I'll bet it will make little difference to your losses.
Good luck

I personally would invent an intollerance to the carby stuff and say I will eat protein or something. Surely as long as you're seen to be eating something healthy your employers will be ok.

On another note, how strange to be working with people who need to put weight on. We have the same issues but in reverse. I bet you can learn from each other xx

Be-YU do a porridge meal replacement you may want to have a look at?

all about w8 do a range of porridge, meal replacement meals and ready meals - worth a look too? Personally I would go with eggs if you can - a mushroom or ham omelette, poached eggs, scrambled eggs or a boiled egg all look like a "normal" breakfast.

I think your losses will still be fine if you stick to low carbs.
Good luck :)

I personally would invent an intollerance to the carby stuff and say I will eat protein or something. Surely as long as you're seen to be eating something healthy your employers will be ok.

On another note, how strange to be working with people who need to put weight on. We have the same issues but in reverse. I bet you can learn from each other xx

a further insight to the unit i work on - this place is basically a last resort / last chance intervention for these people, over 50% of the patients start off being tube fed.
as such i would but every little thing we do is highly scrutinised. the reason we eat similar to them (we have 4 staff on a shift - at least two of them must be eating exactly the same hospital provided food as the patients) is so to provide support along the lines of 'im eating it - so can you' so to be honest im lucky if i can get away with eating as differently as i do at the moment.

as for learning from each other - i definately know the tricks the use to lose faster or even gain faster when it comes to weigh in day.

all about w8 do a range of porridge, meal replacement meals and ready meals - worth a look too? Personally I would go with eggs if you can - a mushroom or ham omelette, poached eggs, scrambled eggs or a boiled egg all look like a "normal" breakfast.

I think your losses will still be fine if you stick to low carbs.
Good luck :)

i had a look at w8 and saw they did porridge which made me think of buying it separately. as its much cheaper than buying directly from them. as i said there is honestly no way i can get out of eating these certain types of things. i remember my first day when i asked for a yogurt for breakfast and promptly getting explained what was suitable and not by the team on shift =p

you wouldnt want to put your body through what these people go through i'll tell you that!!

It sounds a fascinating job, I'd love to do something like that, but I love my current job too much to change at the moment

it is the most interesting, varied and rewarding job i've ever had.
im only meant to be in swindon for a year, but this job is making me reconsider this. well tbh i think i have already reconsidered =p

Have a you got a cambridge weight plan counsellor in your local area?
They do porridge as one of the 3 meals a day. you could just see them once a month to get a few sachets of porridge?

yeah we do, are you allowed to order just certain products?
I've ordered the dietimeal ones for the moment and will see how i get on =]
today is my first day on exante, and im on a late shift so its only the one meal i have to worry about today which is good. =]

You can buy whatever products you like from cambridge, maybe best not to say you are on exante.
If you told them that you use them as breakfast for maintenance Im sure they will sell to you easily :D

Back