My Time is Now

Taylor12

Good evening all,

I am 22, 6ft 3in and weigh 294lbs. To say that I am unhappy would be an understatement, however, only I can make myself happy again and it is time that I take control of my eating habits to prevent me from getting any bigger and more unhappy.

Even when I was young I was overweight - all of the way through Primary school as well as secondary school and whilst I have never really been bullied about being overweight it has affected me in other ways such as lack of confidence and as a result I find it difficult to makes friends and often feel lonely and angry with myself that I did not do anything about my weight sooner.

I had a browse through this forum last night and I was inspired and maybe even slightly envious to the successes of some people :) (in a good way, if you can be envious in a good way). What I discovered last night that hard work and determination is required to ensure a sustained and healthly weight loss and would really appreciate advice and guidance from you fine folks to help me achieve my goal of being a confident and healthy 22 year old.

Any suggestions or a diet would also be welcomed. My current plan is to go to the gym and start eating a more healthy diet.

I dont mind my actual weight it is size of my body. Curently I need to wear XXL size clothes and my work trousers have a 42inch waist. My goal is to reduce my waist size to a 36 and reduce my clothes size to a L.

So hello to you all and I very much look forward to being part of this community.

Many thanks and regards
Taylor12

Hey Taylor.
First of all. well done for signing up and taking that step to change

It is hard in the begining but after that its pretty much plain sailing after that!
This comunity is a good bunch and even though am new here the kind people on this fourm have welcomed me and made me feel at home.

A good thing to have is a little bar in your siginture most people here have one.
Its to keep you motivated and as a personal record of your weightloss.

Good luck though and can't wait to see you in and around the fourms.

Hiya Taylor12!

Just wanted to say hello and good luck! I have just started a VLCD diet as I was pretty much feeling the same as you! Though one thing I will say, don't be beating yourself up about not doing something sooner, you are doing something now. Stay focused on what you want and you will get there, hopefully with a little help from this forum and me too if I can :)

Good luck

Hi guys

Thank you for getting in touch and best of luck to both you you.

I am interested in trying a VLCD. I was thinking of giving Cambridge or Tony Ferguson a go. I am a carb junkie and currently I am trying to reduce the amount of bad carbs that I eat as I have tried to go on Cambridge but the carb come down was too much haha.

Look forward to hearing from you

Regards
Taylor12

Oh jeese don't talk! I eat a ridiculously amount of carbs! I am doing 'slim and save' and thankfully so far so good :) even though it's only day 2 but still lol!!

Back