My turning point...

karra

Loser ;)
Yesterday, my 2 year old daughter was waiting at the bus stop with me when she decided to run off towards a road. My heart stopped. I legged it after her as fast as I could, but my nearly 20st bulk meant that I was pathetically slow and bouncing around everywhere. As I was screaming 'Stop!' she found it funnier and funnier, and carried on running. I've never been so scared in all my life. Thankfully I caught up to her, puffing, panting and pulling up my trousers, just as she reached the road; but I vowed that I'd never be that slow again. So that's my turning point.

How can I justify not keeping my daughter safe because I'm too fat?

No more.

Back to group tomorrow and stopping messing about!

Phew what a relief that she was safe in the end... but talk about motivation!
All the way through your daughter's life it will be better for her if you are happy with yourself and healthy right through to old age. Of course it is fine for it to be for you as well but if that gives you extra motivation then brill. Good luck!

my turning point was every week someone would offer me a seat on the train because they thought I was pregnant I'd recently suffered a miscarriage but still had a lot of the fat it was/is an awful reminder of what should have been so now I want to get rid of the excess fat and consentrate on the new year...good luck to you

Good luck! That sounds awful but I am glad all is well.

It's awful when you can't keep up with them isn't it. My son is two and I end up running with one hand holding up my jeans and the other over my boobs - it must be such a sight.

I'm glad all was well in the end - good luck

Good luck on your journey xx

Good luck, Kelly!
What an awful, scary small amount of time that must of been :( I am so glad she is safe!

My turning point still makes me cringe to this very day and it still took me a couple of months to do something about it.

My dad had died in the May but didn't have his ashes scattered until the November and it was up in Northumberland. I wanted a nice pair of boots to wear and went into a shop in town, chose a pair and tried them on.............

Firstly, my belly was so huge that it was agony just bending over to wedge them on my feet and when I did I couldn't zip them up as my legs were too fat. The assistant in the shop was lovely and could see my pain and was very discreet when I got them off and handed them back claiming that I didn't really like them after all. I walked up the road fighting back the tears - I felt sad enough with the task in hand and the boots incident knocked my confidence even more.

Now I have lost weight I have got lots of pairs of boots lol x

Thank you all for your kind words and support...I went back to class today gaining 2.5lb, but left with a fresh perspective. I've just started my teacher training and life is on the up for me, and my weight is the barrier which I feel is holding me back. I have an image in my head and I am aiming to realise that image xx

Well, I lost a little half this week! A loss is a loss! Hitting it 100% this week so that I can see what I can actually do when I put my mind to it. When I am 'on it' I feel much more in control elsewhere...housework, college work, job applications. Anyone else find this? xx

Those little halves are the most important bits hun! Without the halves, you don't get the wholes which make up the stones... Great to hear you're in the zone, I also find it rubs off on other areas of my life. Here's to a great week and a few more little halves on the scales next week!

Back