My virtual gastric band diary

frenchfancy

I have been a serial yo yo dieter for over 30 years. I have done weight watchers, slimming world, rosemary connley, local slimming club, Lighter life, cambridge diet and exante. I had a session of hypnosis a number of years ago to lose weight but to no avail.

I then heard about the virtual gastric band and decided it was worth exploring further. I decided to choose a system that I did at home with downloads for me to use as often as necessary. I spent 3 days listening to the introduction, relaxation and about hypnosis. Then on to the pre-op downloads which were goal setting, spirit guide and inner change. You are advised to listen to these many times. I decided to have my "operation" this evening and listened to the relaxation first followed by the operation. I had to fast for 24 hours prior to the op but never felt hungry which was definately a first. After the operation I managed to eat a small low fat yoghurt and found that I was eating a lot slower, enjoying it more and when I finally finished the yoghurt was completely satisfied and full.

I am looking forward to the next few days to see how else my eating habits change. I now have the post op downloads which are exercise, ideal body, six pack abs, food relationship, body relationship and sleep.

As my hypnosis is self directed instead of going to a therapist I know that to have success I have to be committed and use the downloads daily to stay motivated. But I really want this to work and so will keep a journal of sorts on here to follow my journey.

I had a fabulous nights sleep, probably down to being so relaxed after the hypnosis and woke this morning refreshed. I am still not really hungry, especially when you think in the last 36 hours all I have eaten is a small 67 calorie low fat yoghurt. I have had to change my drinking cup size as I can not drink my 500ml cup of coffee as I feel bloated if I try. I can drink about 300ml then feel full. At the moment I am undecided as to whether I should have a boiled egg and toast or cereal and yoghurt for breakfast. I'm not hungry and certainly not got a growly stomach which does amaze me but I know that I do need to start to eat.

Hi just thought I'd say hello and wish you luck. I tried the virtual gastric band a couple of years ago, i lost 250 pounds but unfortunately it was money not weight! However I know that it was down to my own bad habits & I think if I had of listened properly & followed the advice I was given it may have worked. A positive mental attitude definitely helps & you seem to have heaps of that so here's to a shrinking you :)

Thanks Flump for your encouraging words. I know when I went to a therapist for hypnosis it didn't work for me, however with these downloads I can keep listening to them and so far seem to be doing better.

I decided to have a small boiled egg and a slice of toast from a small loaf. It took me ages to eat it and by the time I had finished it I had no room left for my brew, so didnt drink it.

I then decided to walk both dogs for exercise but took one dog out first and walked to the local feed store to collect a bag of hay for the chicken nest boxes; returned and then walked the other one out into town to the market. We stopped for coffee in one of the street cafes and I had my usual black coffee and it came with a little amaretti biscuit. I was debating with myself whether I should eat it or not when blow me my subconsciousness took over and I gave it to the dog while still debating whether to eat it; How weird was that. So I had my coffee and then walked back home feeling great.

For lunch a had a small bowl of homemade butternut squash soup and a very small nectarine and again I am full. I have a small cup of coffee but it is taking me ages to drink it as I am so full, which is great news to me.

I havent yet planned dinner, but know it will be chicken of some description as I bought a cooked one off the market, along with some lovely fresh fruit (which I havent eaten in weeks)

I decided to make a chicken curry & rice for dinner and I had a quarter of the portion size that I would usually have. It took me the usual amount of time to eat it, I then had 5 strawberries and a yoghurt and I was stuffed. I listened to my download about body image and it just reinforces my positiveness and I am thrilled so far with my progress

I ate a small tangerine last evening and a couple of small cups of coffee, watched the apprentice and then off to bed. I am sleeping so much better; not sure if it's thelack of rubbish that I am not stuffing down my throat or whether it is listening to the hypnosis downloads that are relaxing me. Whatever it is I like it.

I am up bright and early and enjoying a coffee while I plan my day. It is a bank holiday here so I think walking the dogs and if the weather holds out cut the grass. For breakfast I think I will have boiled egg again and a little toast. I was tempted to step on the scales this morning but just about managed to hold off, however I will have to be weighed tomorrow as it is our local weight loss group support meeting where 7 of us meet up at one house to discuss our week and be weighed. There's no slimming clubs around here in deepest rural france so a few friends set up this group. I have not yet disclosed what I am doing to anyone other than my husband and 2 good friends (who are not part of the group). If I find it continues to work I will share it with the group.

have just finished lunch of lentil soup followed by a small apple and am full. Now got my coffee. Hubby said he doesnt want me to end up looking like a skeleton (dont think there's much chance of that tho) I have been busy this morning doing a decoupage utensil holder for the kitchen and unpacking more of my kitchen boxes as the new kitchen is now officially finished. am now going to listen to my spirit guide download. I do think that the frequent listening does help mentally, what causes the physical restriction, I do not know

Had a relaxing afternoon, listened to the inner change track but fell asleep until one of the dogs jumped on me. But still feel chilled and motivated. I made chicken in taragon and wine sauce with new potatoes, broccoli and carrots followed by strawberries & yoghurt. my portion is roughly a third of what I used to eat but I am satisfied with what I am eating and really enjoying it too. The instructions are that you will make healthier choices and eat less and I am definately doing that.

I am still going strong with my rediced portions and am really enjoying my food. One of my friends said yesterday that we should "honour our food" buy the best we can afford and eat it in much smaller quantities. I really think she has something there. By honouring it we will cherish it and therefore take more time and care with it. We are off to a garden party today, I am sure I can avoid the cream teas and treat myself instead to some plants for the garden.

Back