My VLCD/5:2 Experiment

Thanks for all
The encouragement folks! One week after vlcd finished and I'm only a pound up - 19.4. I think I'm going to start another vlcd week next Friday. I'm really keen to see the 18s. I might change my mind though - I'm a bit worried I'm not giving my body much of a chance to maintain and settle down to 5:2 if I only do it for two weeks in between. Decisions decisions .... It certainly seems to be staying off though!

After 3 non-fast days I'm up to 19.6 so hoping my fast day today will get me back down the 19.4. Then it have another 3 non- fast days as I'm off to Scotland to visit my best friend. Driving back on Friday and starting my vlcd week on that day. It will mean I don't know my starting weight although I predict it will be about 19.6 so I'll probably guess at that. Then one week of suffering but hopefully in to the 18s!

So I'm currently on vlcd week number 3 and weighed in this morning at 19.2 so a stone is gone! God knows where I started the week, I went away for 3 days and ate solidly but it seems to have come off as quickly as it went on! I've got 4 days left so hoping to see the 18s by Friday morning. My plan is then to do one more vlcd week before Xmas - not sure when yet though.

So another week of vlcd done and I'm bang on 19.0. I'm going to carry on for a day or two until I see the 18s - I'm determined!!

If I don't see the 18s tomorrow - you'll hear the screams from Cambridge! Come on body, do your thing!!

Still 19.0! Argh .... One more day ..... I hope!!

Hallelujah! Went and lost 2lbs yesterday so now 18.12. Thank The Lord and hello tea and toast!!

Attachments

• image-1203084905.jpg
    image-1203084905.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 141
Ok, so a slighty less excited post to summarise my journey so far! So I have been doing this since 21st September - about 7 weeks now. In that time I have done approx 3 weeks of VLCD and 4 weeks of a combination of 4:3 and 5:2. I have lost 18lbs. The VLCD weeks have been tough, the first two days particularly challenging, but manageable and knowing it won't be much longer than a week has really helped. I have used 3 Slim and Save products a day, plus a chicken breast and about 150g of cauliflower or broccoli in the evening. I tend to do a 4:3 week after I break the vlcd to avoid too much of a rebound and then a week of 5:2. I only seem to be regaining a pound or two over the eating weeks and that quickly drops off on the first day of vlcd. Currently I'm doing a pattern of 1 week vlcd/ 2 weeks fasting but I intend on changing that to 1 week vlcd 3 weeks fasting after xmas - just wanted to get a good chunk off initially!

So my plan up to Xmas is to fast this week and next week until the friday of that week, then do vlcd for another week. I'm planning on that being my final vlcd week of the year and then I'm going to give myself a break and a chance to maintain over xmas by using 5:2/4:3. My aim is to hit 18.7 and stay around there over xmas, ready to vlcd again in January and continue my journey.

Thanks for your lovely comments - I'm so happy I seem to have found something that is working for me!

Yay!!! Great news, I bet that's made your weekend. Sounds like your plan is working and is something you can stick with - which is important and good for the long term picture too. I think after Xmas I will start introducing food as of worry about the long term effect of being on a VLCD for months on end. By Xmas I will have been on it for 6 months so need to let my body know what real food is - but gradually! good luck for this week x

Hi JuJu, had to share with you my good news... saw 17 on the scales this morning... been a long time since I've seen that. Hope you're week has gone well. x

Well done, Sparkly!! That's brilliant news! So fantastic to see a new number. There are times I really wish I could get my head down and do vlcd for a good block of time - but it's just not happening at the moment. Still, slow and steady will have to do for now.

This week has been odd. Where, in previous times, I haven't put on too much following my vlcd week, this time it piled on! I was up to 19.6 at one point this week and ready to give up for good! But this morning I was back down to 19.2 so it's not too bad. 4lb rebound post vlcd is to be expected and maybe I'll get another pound or two off before I start my final vlcd week of the year on Friday. In the mean time, I'm going to enjoy eating whilst I can!!

ooh no, don't give up! i think it's just the shock to the system having regular food after the VLCD and you end up retaining a lot of fluid that then goes after a few days. I was the same when I came back off holiday where I'd been having two Exante meals a day and one regular meal...chicken salad etc, and came back 3lb heavier. But I knew I had not eaten enough to actually gain proper weight and it came off again after two days and by the the time I had my official weigh in it was another 3lb down on top of that. I think the bigger we are the more capacity we have to retain fluid.

I've had a week of 3 exante meals and one high protein low/no carb meal as started shedding hair. When I spoke to Exante about it they said it should stop as soon as I reintroduce conventional food. Also ordered some hair and nail supplements on the advice of another forum member who had the same thing happen to her. Fingers crossed that should sort it out as much as I want to be slim, I don't want to be slim and bald!

I think the way you are doing it is working well but you will get those fluctuations as you move between programmes, but the overall effect is that your weight is heading in the right direction, plus you will be able to stick with it longer. I bet after your next week of VLCD you will be well into the 18s. x

Still going, a fast day today then one more eating day and then a fast on Thursday - then the dreaded vlcd week! But yes, hopefully well in to the 18 stones by the end of it.

I lost quite a lot of my hair during vlcd. It's really thick though so it didn't make a huge impact. But I had stupid fluffy bits around the hairline and it's certainly a reason why I wouldn't do vlcd long term again. Swings and roundabouts though and hair does grow back!

So here we go again, did my fast yesterday and vlcd starts for a week today. Am going to have to keep my head down and keep going .... Loads to do at work at the moment, I'm a teacher so reports and Xmas plays fill my life!! I'm starting off at 19.3, which is a lot better than the 19.8 I started at last time! Hopefully back in to the 18s by the end of the weekend. Can't stop peeing ....

Back