My Weekly Weigh-in!

Periwinkle

Keep going!
I started my diet on Friday but my weekly appointment to get weighed in at the dietitian is Wednesday evenings so I've decided to have Wednesday as my only official weigh in each week!

Fri 15th Feb 2013
: Starting weight: 13stone 12 pounds Starting waist: 45 inches

Today - Wed 20th Feb 2013: Current weight: 13stone 5 pounds (-7) Current waist: 43 inches (-2) :)

PS: The diet I'm on: I'm going to a weight loss clinic that has me on a VLCD programme that uses replacement products. I'm on stage 1 - so 600kals a day.

Thanks!

I had a sneaky pop on the scales today - another pound down and another inch! Back to what I was before I gave up cigarettes!!! PHEW!

Hi PW, I take it this clinic is a private concern? 600 calories a day? That's starvation :( your not exercising on top of this are you? Surely a body needs more than that amount to survive? And as soon as you start actually eating, your body will just cling to every little bit you put back in? I'm not having a go......honest, I'm just really concerned, mind you this may be just showing my ignorance and this is a Right and proper diet, but I'm genuinely just offering concern.

Ah no worries, I'd have thought the same. It's a VCLD programme designed by the clinic's doctor (Dr Eva Orsmond) and I'm supervised by a dietitian. She's well known in Ireland, her big thing is obesity. I'm on tons of veg as well as replacement products. I don't really feel hungry. Craving junky food like biscuits and white doughy bread but it's grand apart from that really. I realise I seem to have dropped far too much for one week (I was down 11lbs yesterday at the one week mark) but I'd say it's mostly water. It's expected that after the first week I'll lose about 2-3 pounds per week

Hi PW, just take care mate. ;)

Hi PW, I take it this clinic is a private concern? 600 calories a day? That's starvation :( your not exercising on top of this are you? Surely a body needs more than that amount to survive? And as soon as you start actually eating, your body will just cling to every little bit you put back in? I'm not having a go......honest, I'm just really concerned, mind you this may be just showing my ignorance and this is a Right and proper diet, but I'm genuinely just offering concern.

She will be in ketosis by now. She will be using up her fat stores and with the meal replacement shakes she will be getting the nutrients she needs. :)

Good Luck Periwinkle!!

Thanks Emmie!

Sorry forgot to update on Wednesday - but I haven't seen any change since so today is the same as Wed anyway...

Wed 20th Feb 2013: Weight
13 stone 5 pounds waist: 43 inches
Fri 22th Feb 2013: Weight 13 stone 1 pound (-4 lbs) Waist 42 inches (-1)

Today - Fri 1st March 2013: Weight: 13 stone 1 pound STS Current waist: 42 inches STS

So basically I've lost no weight in a week... OR inches... Hopefully next week will be better....
:sigh:

Probably just your body adjusting to the diet. :) You will see a loss next week im sure. Keep at it!

Sorry forgot to update on Wednesday - but I haven't seen any change since so today is the same as Wed anyway...

Wed 20th Feb 2013: Weight
13 stone 5 pounds waist: 43 inches
Fri 22th Feb 2013: Weight13 stone 1 pound (-4 lbs) Waist 42 inches (-1)

Today - Fri 1st March 2013: Weight: 13 stone 1 poundSTS Current waist: 42 inches STS

So basically I've lost no weight in a week... OR inches... Hopefully next week will be better....
:sigh:

Hiya hun!

I weighed in on day one of week two, and had managed to GAIN 2lbs overnight!
I then lost one, then gained it back!

I weighed this morning, so I have three days before my end of week 2 weigh-in. I can't see any miracles happening between now and then!

Tbh, I'd just be happy to get back to what I was at the end of week 1! :eek:

I knew it would slow down drastically, I just didn't expect to gain! I can't figure it out - how can we gain on a VLCD!!! Arrgghhh!

xxx

IT'S AN ABSOLUTE HEAD WREAK ISN'T IT?!!!!

Still no loss here - gaaaaaaaaaaah! I'm not weighing myself at home for a good while - just at the clinic. Just gonna keep at it and hope to God it starts to pay off! I'm gonna wander over to your thread and see how you're getting on now!

It's mad! How on earth can we NOT lose weight when we're taking in 650 cals pd maximum!

It defies science!!!

So, you're 3 days in to your 3rd week?

I did hear wk 2 could be slow, then would pick up, but I didn't expect to gain, lol! :confused:
I've lost that, but nothing more.

Totally crazy!!!

xxx

Today was 2 weeks day 4 of my adventure!

I'd say you will have lost something by the time this week is over. Just stick with it!

My week 2 is up!

So I weighed and measured -

1lb loss (though did gain two, then lost them again, and this one more pound :confused:)
10"s lost all over - though how I can lose 10"'s and only 1lb is beyond me!

I'm happy though, and just hope wk 3 is better - it's supposed to be!

How're you going?

Have a great day lovely! xxx

Wow the inches are falling off ya! V impressive! xxx

At least something is lol!! ;) xxx

You've lost more than me and I'm heavier AND longer on the vlcd! ;) I have a feeling you're gonna lose big this coming week considering all those inches!!!!!

You've lost more than me and I'm heavier AND longer on the vlcd! ;) I have a feeling you're gonna lose big this coming week considering all those inches!!!!!

I'm hoping so - I am hungrier than usual, so I checked my calendar, and TOTM is due Friday, so I may be retaining water. That's what I am hoping anyway!

I am sure you'll do well - week two is notorious for being slow, or non existent. I didn't expect to lose anything after the initial 2lbs gain!

It is really impossible NOT to lose weight and inches on a VLCD. It'll start again soon, I'll put money on it! :)

xxx

Got weighed in at the clinic - 2 days short of 3 weeks. 2.5 pounds down! Happy with that considering no loss last week.

Back