Step 1 Sole Source My weight loss diary - 2 stone to lose!

I find SS+ so much easier because it means you have something to look forward to!

What day are you on?
I'm on day 14 now and still loving my dinners! George Forman is a saviour.

Did you know we are also allowed 60g rice noodles instead of our 80 veg? My consultant told me this week which I thought was strange but it was lovely and 60g is ALOT I couldn't eat all of it. (Make sure it's dried- not the greased fresh ones from the supermarket)xx

Well done Scott, hope you are getting on ok? How are you finding SS+ compared to SS so far?

Heya haven't been on for a while as been working form home due to the snow been snowed on since wed lol fed up of tr house now haha!

Yeah enjoying SS+ I lost 5lbs at my weigh in today, just nice to have a meal to look forward to In the night is brilliant :) how you doing?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I find SS+ so much easier because it means you have something to look forward to!

What day are you on?

Did you know we are also allowed 60g rice noodles instead of our 80 veg? My consultant told me this week which I thought was strange but it was lovely and 60g is ALOT I couldn't eat all of it. (Make sure it's dried- not the greased fresh ones from the supermarket)xx

Heya Paige, yes Hun TOTALLY agree! :)
Oo on SS+ day 8 I believe? Lost count lol, lovely to have some food in the night yummy, tonight think I'm gonna have 2 boiled eggs and some broccoli and cauliflower :)
Oo I never no ? May need to buy some when I'm next down tescos went today and brought some fruit and herbal tea is lovely
Will try the noodles and let you know could do a kind of stirfry with it then? X

You'll have to let me know how the SS+ is going, it sounds like a good thing to mix things up occasionally - i know i'll be bored of SS eventually!

Hey Hun yes DEFFO recommend SS+ feels like your treating but your not is fab!
Yeah I love looking forward to a meal I can eat
Is so much more satisfying and gets you used to food and incorporate it in diet, works good for me and same weight loss as SS so no disadvantage :) should try it Hun x

What day are you on?

62.5g of rice noodles contains 218cals and 53.8g of carbohydrates... why on earth would your counsellor tell you to eat that?!?!?! That is insane and will whip you straight out of ketosis!

Hey Scott, I am doing good - nice to see you back! End of day 21 for me today - madness! Weigh in tomorrow evening, arghhh

Re. The rice noodles, you are allowed them on step 2 but not SS+ as far as I am aware... And I thought it was only 30g. There is a recipe in the booklet in the step 2 section which uses them. Personally while I was on step 2 I still avoided them and stuck to the allowances in the lists instead.

Hi Maggie,
Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on here for a few days.
All I can say with regards to step 2 is make sure you weigh everything out, I know some people plan and weigh everything for the week in advance, but I don't really ever decide what I want to eat until the day.
I always found that the afternoon was my hungry time so I would often have part of my protein allowance, maybe 1/4 or 1/3, in the afternoon as a snack. I would weigh out some quorn pieces and stir fry them, they are really easy to nibble on. I would then have the rest as dinner, usually some chicken or egg/cottage cheese (don't be afraid to mix and match).
I never made any of the recipes in the booklet as I found it all a bit confusing too with the noodles etc. I would say if you are really concerned about it, just stick with the allowances in the book and make your own meals up.
I hope this is of some use and helps a little, but if you have any more questions let me know and I can try to help :)
Kelly xx

Welcome back and well done for getting back on track!

Hi Scott we should start day 1 2gether i ain't been good this past week in fact I have been bloody awful !!! The other nite I had a really bad binge I ate at least 12 bars of choc 2 tubs of ice cream and 6 gin and tonic :hitthefan:Have been bingeing all week. Then went 2 my CBC and had gained 4 lbs :cry: I no exactly where I went wrong but find it soo hard gettin back into the zone again x but I'm goin to really try and do it this time :fingerscrossed:

Hi Scott we should start day 1 2gether i ain't been good this past week in fact I have been bloody awful !!! The other nite I had a really bad binge I ate at least 12 bars of choc 2 tubs of ice cream and 6 gin and tonic :hitthefan:Have been bingeing all week. Then went 2 my CBC and had gained 4 lbs :cry: I no exactly where I went wrong but find it soo hard gettin back into the zone again x but I'm goin to really try and do it this time :fingerscrossed:

Hi maggie!
I know what it's like Hun, yes let's start again!
Today I have had half of the orange / choc mousse and 1 glass of water so far..
Just get back on track I am I haven't been on diet for a few weeks and have 1st weigh in now at 12 so don't think the scales will be in my favour, lets both start a fresh and catch up with the test hehe!!! I agree wih you very hard to get back on after eating real food but we can do this!! What plan you on chick? I'm on SS+ x

Scott!!!! OMG, I was beginning to think you were gone for good! YAAAY you're back! :) :)

Hey Hun,

Yep I'm back !! Wooo
How you been doing?

Had a tough few weeks so that's why plan was dropped, got my first weigh in @ 12 so don't think it will be good as not done plan for a few weeks. I'm back for good and here to stay but back to day 1 (not looking forward to the headaches again arghhhhhhh) my own fault tho!!! X

Update I lost 6lbs in my weigh in today!!!!

Ecstatic with that what a good way to start a fresh x

Well done! How much more to lose?

Back