My Weight Loss Diary (for the last time!)

So plans changed!

I went swimming this afternoon for the first time since getting back off holiday.
SO proud of myself, I did 36 lengths!!
Probably doesn't sound much to some, but I was struggling with 20 before I went away. I think it's a combination of losing a bit of weight, and also my asthma meds are finally stable. My asthma must have been worse than I thought it was. I was having to wait 30 seconds between lengths before to get my breath and this time I was doing 2 lengths together then waiting just 15 seconds. So I am well chuffed! Going to aim for 40 next time!

THEN, as the hubbys mum is up from devon, she wanted to take us out for a meal, and tonight was really the only chance we were going to get, so we went and had carvery.

Copied this from food diary above;

D: Carvery! Gammon (no fat), over half a plate of speedy veg (Broccoli, Carrots, Green Beans and Leeks), 3 small roasties, beef gravy and a tiny bit of apple sauce! (counting the lot as 6 syns)
S: 2 Tesco Toffee Fresh Cream Meringues (5.5 syns each), Freddo (5).

Obviously today is a flexi syn day!

Syns for today: 26/15
Syns for week: 42/105

Really happy with that as it means I still have 15 syns left for each day for the rest of the week!

I didn't have any lunch as my brekkie was big so wasn't hungry.

So I've had a good day today. Hope you are all well xxxx

Thank you, I really don't know why I haven't done this before! Love burgers, never used to lol, but do now!! YUM!!!
I definitely recommend homemade burgers too! We have Friday night "fakeaways" in our house, usually homemade burgers with SW chips and salad. Tastes divine! :D

Really crap day, so just a quick food diary

B: Overnight Oats and berries (HEB/free/speed)
L: Mackerel in tomato sauce (free), salad (speed), 2 ryvita (3) and 1 LCEL cheese triangle (part HEA)
D: Spag Bol, all free and speed. Rest of HEA on cheese.
S: Freddo (5)

Syns for today: 8/15
Syns for week: 50/105

I'm OK Laura just had a bit of a rubbish night last night that's all.

Todays food diary;

B: Bacon (free), Scrambled Eggs (free), Mushrooms (speed), Tomatoes (speed) and a bit of Brown Sauce (1)
L: Homemade pasta salad. Pasta and Ham (free), Lettuce, Carrot, Red Cabbage and Pepper (speed), Cheese (HEA), Light Salad Cream (1) and a Satsuma (speed)
D: Pork Steaks (free) with Jacket Potato (free), Fried Egg (free), Corn on the Cob (free) and Broccoli (speed)
S: Freddo (5)
Ryvita (HEB) with Chocolate Spread (7ish)
Bacardi Mojito 330ml can, not sure of the syns, classing it as (4)

Syns for today: 18/15
Syns for week: 68/105 with 2 days to go! :)

Going swimming tomorrow, but got to go on the bus, so need to look what time I need to set off etc. Had a cheeky peek at the scales today and it says I've put on...!
No idea how, I've stuck to plan 100% this week. Maybe I need to go back to having a cheeky KFC! LOL!
I guess we will see on Wednesday! Not expecting to lose quite as much as usual as I am getting weighed a day earlier than last week, but still I would expect a fairly good loss considering I still have a hell of a lot to lose!

Not going to fret too much until weigh in, as I know I have stuck to plan, and that is all that I can do at the end of the day!

Hope you have all had a good day xxxx

Sometimes the scales don't reflect the truth and take a week to catch up. If you stay in plan just means a dam good loss the following week (unless some syns have crept in somewhere that you don't know about). Careful with the syns, it will be the "ish"s that catch you out. The mojito might be more than 4 syns with the alcohol and sugar but if it's not then I'm going out and buying some!

Also since you've been ill it can mess things up for a couple of weeks x

The mojito might be more than 4 syns with the alcohol and sugar but if it's not then I'm going out and buying some!
That was my first thought too. An alcoholic drink for 4 syns, I want some! I did have a quick look on the website and couldn't find that exact drink but did find these:

So, not sure, but it could be more than 4 syns. :(

Also since you've been ill it can mess things up for a couple of weeks
This is also quite possible. Sometimes, when I've lost weight from being ill, I put on again when eating properly (even if healthy). I think it's your body just trying to compensate for being sick. Just carrying on sticking to plan and the loss will show, if not this week then the next. :)

Only the diet ones are about 4.5, I have the G& slimline tonic and the Smirnoff and diet coke cans and they are both 4.5, I would say that the mojito is more likely to be 8 or 9 syn boooo!

Also remember, you weren't eating last week while you were poorly so it might just be your body catching up :)

Thanks all!

I counted it as 4 as the Bacardi Breezers were about that much, I presumed they would be similar, but I'm probably wrong! Will count it as 8 instead. I'll not be having any syns tomorrow anyway!

Only had it cause it was taking up room in the fridge, been there since xmas! Needed somewhere to put my pickled onions LOL and a shot of bacardi say 2.5 syns and it just has Lime and Soda Water in it. It's quite bitter actually don't think there is much sugar in it.

Anyway...

Todays food;

B: Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Tomatoes and Mushrooms
L: Chicken and Mushroom Pasta n Sauce, Ham, Spinach Salad
D: Chicken in BB Sauce (6), Boiled Rice, A few chips (5) and spring roll (5)
S: Nothing

Syns for today: 16/15
Syns for week: 88/105

Ended up seeing mum at the bus stop on our way home from my sisters, so gave her a lift home and she invited us in for a takeaway. I was good and had chicken in black bean sauce and boiled rice, but I did pinch a few chips and a veg spring roll, oversynned the chips I think but I'd rather over syn than get it wrong.

Recalculated the bacardi at 8 as well, so added that onto my weekly syns.

Just 1 day left and have syns left but I am going to try not to have any tomorrow, except maybe a choccie treat after weigh in.

I'm not too worried about going over syns a bit, I have read in various places, and been told my a few people including 1 SW consultant that the heavier you are, the more syns you are allowed, as you need to be able to cut down on something when your losses slow down. So I actually should be allowed 25 syns a day based on my weight, and I've had that before and lost, so I think if I STS it has more to do with my body catching up from being ill. I never really thought about that until my sister mentioned it could be that earlier.

Went swimming earlier and did 42 lengths! Was so happy with myself. Going again tomorrow!

Ye you've got a point there Katy. My hubby bigger than me and when he did few years ago I aloud him more syns like 2 extra pieces of bread for example as he takes a sarnie for breakfast and dinner. He he also had like extra cheese. Because of the junk he had cut out he still lost loads and the change in his food was amazing and ye he still lost. It's hard because obviously the more you weigh the more you eat and you can't just stop the amount you eat it's choosing the right things isn't it but a bit extra won't won't hurt you. He always missed his choc so once a week would have takeaway and bag of choc and still lost loads a week. Surpose it's about training your body isn't it and this takes time . Your doing fab anyway keep up the good work you should be very proud xx

Ye you've got a point there Katy. My hubby bigger than me and when he did few years ago I aloud him more syns like 2 extra pieces of bread for example as he takes a sarnie for breakfast and dinner. He he also had like extra cheese. Because of the junk he had cut out he still lost loads and the change in his food was amazing and ye he still lost. It's hard because obviously the more you weigh the more you eat and you can't just stop the amount you eat it's choosing the right things isn't it but a bit extra won't won't hurt you. He always missed his choc so once a week would have takeaway and bag of choc and still lost loads a week. Surpose it's about training your body isn't it and this takes time . Your doing fab anyway keep up the good work you should be very proud xx

My hubby is the same. Don't forgot though men can have 20 Syns a day anyway :)
But my hubby could have takeaway everyday and he would still bloody lose weight as long as he was good the rest of the day! So not fair lol.

So today's NSV is I've gone down another notch on my belt!!! That's 2 now since 4th of Jan. Happy with that! Also put a top on that looked terrible before and it looks OK so I'm wearing that today!

Off swimming again now, just waiting for the bus. Also it's weigh in later. Just hoping I've lost something!

Last edited:
You've lost a belt notch but the scales haven't moved....lol. well done you. It's flying off. Wait till you have to start throwing out the larger sizes and hunting for the smaller sizes in your wardrobe, it won't be long x

You've lost a belt notch but the scales haven't moved....lol. well done you. It's flying off. Wait till you have to start throwing out the larger sizes and hunting for the smaller sizes in your wardrobe, it won't be long x

I'll be ok if I STS I think because I know I've lost the inches :) It's just a mental thing I suppose :)

So my hubby has a hospital appointment at 3.25 so I've come into town straight from swimming and got myself some dinner as I won't eat until 9pm otherwise.
Thought I'd have an omelette and salad with it being weigh day, not too heavy.

This is what they brought me!!!!!

Omg it's massive. I've left half the jacket potato and the peas. There was loads of ham in the omelette too, as in, massive thick slices. It was bloody gorgeous though and only £6!

So now I am definitely expecting a STS or a put on!!!! Hahaha!

Oh well!

I did 38 lengths today but did it quicker so burned more calories. Happy with that!

IMG_20170215_140600_653.jpg

My hubby is the same. Don't forgot though men can have 20 Syns a day anyway :)
But my hubby could have takeaway everyday and he would still bloody lose weight as long as he was good the rest of the day! So not fair lol.

Oh never realised that always thort was the same. Ye he's the same just drops off him

Back