My Weight Loss Diary (for the last time!)

itsGCbaby

Silver Member
Hi guys, I'm Katy, 26 years old from Sheffield, UK.

I've done so many different diets, including WW 3 times, tried different tablets, shakes, 5-2 diet, everything! But I always end up coming back to Slimming World.
This WILL be the last time I have to re-join. I am going to do it!
I am 26 years old and I weigh 26 stone, and I have basically told myself that if I don't do something about my weight and my health I'm going to die an early death, or have very serious health complications.
I already suffer with my joints, and I don't want to spend the rest of my life on pain killers, and not being able to do all the things I want to do.

My husband is going to do it with me, but he's not coming to group with me. If he doesn't stick to it I've told him I'm going to make him come to group as well! haha.

We have both also decided to get a joint membership at a local leisure center, so we can use the gym and swimming pool facilities.
I much prefer being able to swim as it's not hard on my joints.

Anyway, my plan is to lose at least 5 stone this year, and I have told myself I need to go to group, every week, without fail! As it is when I stop going to group that I stop being strict with myself and then it all falls to pieces.

I hope to make some new friends here that are going through the same struggles as myself!

Thanks for reading, and I wish you all good luck as well!

<3 Katy x

Week 1 Day 1

Breakfast: Fresh fruit and mullerlight.

Lunch: Roast chicken sandwich on wholemeal bread (HEB) with 3 Laughing Cow extra light triangles (1/2 of HEA)
Sliced pepper and tomatoes.

Dinner: Home made Chilli (completely free) with boiled rice.

Snacks: to be updated as and when.

Feeling good about this today, apart from having a nasty chest infection!

Good luck, you got this! :)

Thanks guys.

Missed yesterday, but I had 7 syns for the day, so I call that a win!

So, Todays Food (Saturday)

Breakfast: Magic Porrige (HEB), blueberries, grapes and an apple.
Lunch: Batchelors Cous Cous (0.5 syns), some sliced roast chicken, cherry tomatoes and 2 extra light laughing cow light triangles (part of HEA)
Dinner: COOP Lamb Shank (1 syn), new potatoes, broccoli and green beans.
Snacks: Mugshot.
5 Celebrations (10 syns!!!!! omg)
Milky Coffee (rest of HEA)

Total syns so far this week: 21/105 with 4 days to go.

I'm happy with my progress. I can't believe how easy I'm finding it, I think my head is in the right place this time.

Me and my husband have joined the leisure center so I am hoping to go swimming tomorrow.

I will be glad when all of the christmas chocolate etc. is gone out of the house, hence my slip up with the celebrations but at least I am still in my syns!

Attatched is the photo of tonights dinner, NOM. I'm sure those lamb shanks must be more than 1 syn, but thats what the website says!!!! (gravy came in the lamb shanks so I am presuming that is included in the syn?)

Attachments

• swlamb1.jpg
    swlamb1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Well done so far. Excited for your first weigh in. First week numbers are the best!

Last time I did SW I lost 8lbs in my first week! Not expecting that much, but I am hoping I've lost something! :)
Thanks!

Oh my god that lamb shank looks amazing. Ye I was thinking surely that gravy is loads but like u day surely if it's in the pack then it's win win. I will be buying these love lamb . Iv just had the same thort about my tea . Had beef and mushrooms from Chinese for 8.5 syns and kept thinking what about sauce it comes in, if u think about it tho beef and mushrooms are free so the syns are for the sauce . So must be same for lamb .

What day is your weigh day , your doing great by the way

Oh my god that lamb shank looks amazing. Ye I was thinking surely that gravy is loads but like u day surely if it's in the pack then it's win win. I will be buying these love lamb . Iv just had the same thort about my tea . Had beef and mushrooms from Chinese for 8.5 syns and kept thinking what about sauce it comes in, if u think about it tho beef and mushrooms are free so the syns are for the sauce . So must be same for lamb .

What day is your weigh day , your doing great by the way

Thanks hun! :) Yeah Lamb is my favourite haha, so I'm hoping the website is right, I shall be buying more of these! :rotflmao:

My weigh day is Wednesday! I am resisting temptation to keep jumping on the bathroom scales!

Well done so far. Excited for your first weigh in. First week numbers are the best!

I just noticed your name! Is your name Buffy, or are you just a fan of the show?? (I am a massive BTVS fan!!!) heehee xxx

I just noticed your name! Is your name Buffy, or are you just a fan of the show?? (I am a massive BTVS fan!!!) heehee xxx

Huge fan of the show. Still love it to this day. It has aged well. Fan of joss whedon generally as well

Huge fan of the show. Still love it to this day. It has aged well. Fan of joss whedon generally as well

YAY! Me too! Haha. My kitty was called Willow. I love it, still watch it probably twice a year. I met Antony Head a couple of years ago I was so happy, lol. I wanted to go and meet James Marsters in November but we couldnt get to Wales :( Glad there is more Whedonites on here! :) xxx

I have a big prob with weighing everyday. My scales at home tho were showing 2lb more than what group showed. I am
Keeping an eye tho on it as long as I'm moving down I'm happy.

My weigh day is Thursday so day behind, we can spur each other on.

Iv got to loose 9 pounds to be bck where I was before crimbo . It's actually only 7 if I weigh in the morning which I was originally doing . Il feel a lot better when back at my 2 stone loss , then bring on the rest want to loose another 3stone.

YAY! Me too! Haha. My kitty was called Willow. I love it, still watch it probably twice a year. I met Antony Head a couple of years ago I was so happy, lol. I wanted to go and meet James Marsters in November but we couldnt get to Wales :( Glad there is more Whedonites on here! :) xxx

Ha ha we had a cat called willow too. She now lives with my mum. Ha ha glad someone else was as in love as me and my sister.

Any chance you also named your hamsters after boyzone members?

Totally love James Marsters. Loved spike but I felt angel and buffy were the best couple.

Ha ha we had a cat called willow too. She now lives with my mum. Ha ha glad someone else was as in love as me and my sister.

Any chance you also named your hamsters after boyzone members?

Totally love James Marsters. Loved spike but I felt angel and buffy were the best couple.

I have to disagree there, I loved Spike and Buffy! haha.

I didn't have hamsters but I did have a fish called Steven! lmao x

Hiya. Just wondering is this the lamb shank in minted gravy and is the one you had? I am doing SW from home and never get the syn advice from group which is annoying. I saw on pinterest that the lamb shank from iceland in minted gravy is 0 syns (I hope that isn't out of date!) I guess as long as you don't eat any fat you are ok.
Good luck with the first week. Staying on plan and it will fall off x

Hi Emma this is prob with a lot of posts isn't it you don't know if they are out of date. When I was as group people were buying a little narrow book think it was 2 quid and got all free foods in from different supermarkets. It's just the minted gravy that botheres me but could be worth just buying and eating the lamb and not much gravy.

Hi Emma this is prob with a lot of posts isn't it you don't know if they are out of date. When I was as group people were buying a little narrow book think it was 2 quid and got all free foods in from different supermarkets. It's just the minted gravy that bothers me but could be worth just buying and eating the lamb and not much gravy.
Yeah usually if I see 2014 then I start to wonder. The pasta n sauce syn changes got me last year. I really do like going to group but haven't found one that I like within my times to go. Saturday group got nuts with 100+ people. Now I don't know anyone! I think they are a bit cheeky charging the same price for online membership as group membership. I think it should be a couple of quid off (!) Mind you I could do online and then I think you get to drop into any group for weigh ins. That might work better for my work travel arrangements and still get updated syn values.

Just found someone who has updated supermarket syn lists from May 2016 which says iceland ones free so I going to guess they are. Had some gorgeous lamb over Christmas and would be good to find an alternative.

Ye I agree online seems a lot. I go to group with my mum so it's ok for me would t fancy going alone but there were people starting last week in there own you just chat to everyone. I would reccomend goin to group I think it helps get tips on a lot of things. I have chicken and mushroom pasta and sauce I assume there still free?

I'm yet to try the slimmgworld meals in Iceland these are all free I think x

Fellow Whedonite here so thought I'd join in the fandom discussion lol. I have two cats named Buffy and Spike and had a hamster some years back called Willow. :D If you do get a chance to meet James Marsters again, go for it, he is absolutely lovely (as are all the cast that I've been lucky enough to meet so far) and Anthony Head is such a geezer lol.

Back