My Weight Loss Journey

If you think that food was nice on Tuesday...you can't imagine what it was like yesterday ;) Will spare you the details....
Today through to Monday need to be 100% and if I'm lucky I will get an STS come WI day (Monday night). Only problem is that I have another post Eid invitation we have for Saturday and that is going to be another big feast.
Okay just going to focus on being good one day at a time....so here goes

Green Day:

Breakfast- 2 clementines and a bowl of Honeydew Melon (SS)
Green Lemon Tea before Lunch
Lunch: Big Bowl of Broccoli Soup, 3 WG CrackerBread (.5HEB) with Laughing Cow Cheese (HEA)
Snack- apple, pear, more melon (SS)
Dinner- Egg, Mushrooms, Baked Beans (SS), Quorn Sausages (1 slice of Warburtons Bread - .5 HEB)
Snack- 2 Alpen Lights (HEB) with Green Lemon Tea, Shapes Yogurt

Water: 2.0 litres
Exercise: None

PS- Still no news from the interview...hopefully should be end of this week.

Salaams hun, baasi eid mubarak :) Hope you had a lovely time and have managed to stay away from the leftovers! I am having no such luck and have unfortunately been very much off-plan for longer than I'd care to admit :( but will hopefully be weighing myself at Boots or something tomorrow so I can see the damage and then try to reverse it before Christmas comes around... All the family will be up here again from London for the 40th day khatam, so I think there'll be lots of big pots of greasy chawal and oily salans and big fat white naans... I wish someone would let me cook at home! They keep ordering it from places so that we don't have to worry about it, but it just makes me worry even more!

Have you heard anything back regarding your interview yet? My fingers are still crossed for you and duas are still with you :) Also hoping OH is feeling better xxx

Hopefully you will stay 100% and get an STS or a loss. I know how hard it is trying to decline all the delicious food especially around Eid time. :)

I did hear back from the interview and I did not get it. They said I was very good and had no bad comments, but only that the ones selected for the 2nd interview had experience in the financial sector. My search continues.....

Good News today, maybe bad news on Monday: Went to La Tasca with some friends who came over from Portugal and met up with my old work mates. Had a great time and food was delicious. Funny thing happened when I ordered dessert is that for some reason some buttered garlic ended up on the plate and my friend said no way I can have that and told the waiter to bring me another one. Unfortunately the piece they took back to the kitchen was the only one left, so didn't have dessert:cry:

Tomorrow I'm off to another party....so another synful day!:confused::confused::confused:

Mamma Mia.......

Yesterday was fun! A lot of food though....and today I was in a bad mood so another day off plan. Tomorrow is WI and debating whether to go or not as I know I have a big gain coming (is it really worth going to find out I gained)?
From tomorrow I am on plan 100% until Dec 3rd (my next dinner invite when I'm going out with my SW group).
I am also thinking of signing up for the gym tomorrow- think it's the only thing now that is going to keep me motivated and need to get out and relax a bit (yes exercising is relaxing for me when I can get some time for myself).
Hope everyone else had a better weekend!

I've decided to go to WI tonight and face the scales :sigh:

Did a bit of body magic already this morning as my car battery was dead and had to walk the kids to school.

Fresh start and will stick 100% today!

Breakfast- 2 grand conference pears, 42 g All Bran (HEB) and skimmed milk (HEA)
Lunch- 3 quorn sausages, egg, baked beans and mushrooms
Snack- Shapes yogurt, melon (SS)
Green Lemon Tea
Dinner(after WI)- Spinach Moong Daal Curry with Rice and Salad
Snack- 2 Alpen Lights (HEB) with Green Lemon Tea, Total 0% yogurt with Skinny Cow HC (2 syns)

Water: 1.5 litres
Exercise: Walking 20 mins

Hi Meli chick, how did WI go? I STS this week which was basically a total miracle! I think it's the first time in the 56 weeks I've been doing this that I've got away with murder!! I've had 4 horrendous days which started with a big drinking binge on Thursday and went downhill on the food front thereafter!! So I know that I'll have to be completely brilliant now!! Except I'm off on a little adventure on Friday!! Going to visit a friend in Cheltenham, then Birmingham to visit Ellebear for 2 days and then Bolton to see my brother and his brood for 2 days!! Having a hol week next week then will just have to be extra good to pull it back by the following Monday!! I am determined to do this! It would be lovely to get a loss 2 weeks today but I'll have to put some pretty good strategies in place to pull it off!! Hope you're OK hunny! You sound like you've been struggling a bit to stay on track! Is it just that you've had so much on?XXX

A gain...a big one.. 5.5lbs!!!! My C said, "Well I guess you expected it"? Yes and No....I'm surprised at how quickly I can put on the weight, but at the same time I can lose it if I stick to plan. It just makes me a bit sad knowing that I won't be able to join in with the rest of the family and have what they normally eat -making keema with peas and potatoes as I'm typing:cry: (even when I meet my target). Going to have to change the way I eat for life and that is the reality.
Took the 2nd step in getting to target (1st one joining SW and Minimins) and have joined the gym and signed up for a year, so no excuses now on the Body Magic side of things. Have my induction today and have already booked a class tonight.
Yesterday stuck to plan 100% and today I'll try to be good, but have lunch with my friends. Going to try to choose sensible options.

Funcurls if you're up in Bolton, see if you can come towards Manchester as well and we can meet up too :p

Menu Today

Green Day
Green lemon tea to start off the day
Breakfast- fruit cocktail
Lunch- Restaurant with friends, will update with details later EDITEDLunch at Albert's...read post ahead
Snack- EDITEDNone
Dinner- EDITEDmaybe an omelette ...feeling full after all we ate.
Snack- 2 Alpen Lights (HEB) with Green Lemon Tea, Syns---depends on Lunch

Exercise: Gym Induction, Exercise Class tonight

Last edited:
A gain...a big one.. 5.5lbs!!!! My C said, "Well I guess you expected it"? Yes and No....I'm surprised at how quickly I can put on the weight, but at the same time I can lose it if I stick to plan. It just makes me a bit sad knowing that I won't be able to join in with the rest of the family and have what they normally eat -making keema with peas and potatoes as I'm typing:cry: (even when I meet my target). Going to have to change the way I eat for life and that is the reality.
Took the 2nd step in getting to target (1st one joining SW and Minimins) and have joined the gym and signed up for a year, so no excuses now on the Body Magic side of things. Have my induction today and have already booked a class tonight.
Yesterday stuck to plan 100% and today I'll try to be good, but have lunch with my friends. Going to try to choose sensible options.

Funcurls if you're up in Bolton, see if you can come towards Manchester as well and we can meet up too :p

Awww hun sorry to hear about your gain! Sometimes it's the kick up the butt we need! It's easy to get complacent when we get away with more than we should! But it ALWAYS catches up with us if we don't nip it in the bud!! And that's exactly what you're doing! The fact is, you're weighing in each week and you're getting support on MMs which is exactly why you're able to address the matter!! You'll be fine! You know you have it in you, you just have to go back to basics and try and think like you did when you started! We'll all go through these disappointing little spells where we end up losing our way and then kicking ourselves, but it's all just part of the journey and if we can learn from it and put it right then that's all that matters!!

PM me your mobile number! Are you available tuesday lunchtimeish for a couple of hours? I will be heading home Tuesday but if you're available I could meet up with you enroute! That would be awesome!!XXXXX

Hopefully you'll be able to pull it back this week. You've realized what you need to do and I'm sure you'll get a loss this week. :)

Maybe you could make healthy versions of what they eat? I'm guessing they eat a lot of oily food? Maybe try and use less oil in the dishes that you can. Or try and make them eat some healthier dishes :)

I'm making keema, aloo and peas for my dh tonight as well but I'm not a big fan of keema so it's not too bad but it was difficult this morning with the smell of warm paratha in the air. :( I can't believe it's 12 syns for just 1 :sigh:

Good luck with the gym. I hope your induction goes well. :)

Hi Meli,
Sorry about the gain, but after the biggest feast day of the year it's not so bad. Plus you've signed up to the gym for a whole year, very well done, and I am sure that will help you shake it off. A year is a big commitment which shows how determined you are - I bet you'll be a right gym bunny by then! :)

Lunch today was amazing and it was definately not SW friendly. I was thinking to go to Chiquitos, but my friend said there is a better restaurant with great food- called Albert's and she was right the food was amazing.
Starter was Rabbit Gnocci, Main Course- Roasted Salmon with BakChoi and Roasted potatoes in this lovely white sauce, Dessert (wasn't going to have it, but my friend kept raving about it) --the name of it was Chocolate Volcano (warm chocolate sponge with a gooey chocolate fondant centre served with cheshire farms ice cream), so you can imagine...it was soooo nice. Syn values are way up today so for the rest of the week will limit it to 3-5 syns and hope to still get a loss. No more planned events for this week.

Dinner tonight- not sure because I'm so stuffed at this moment!

Didn't make it to the Induction as it wouldn't have given me enough time to get ready and go to lunch with my friends. I booked it for tomorrow, but not sure if I can attend as my little one is not feeling well today (dripping nose, cough). Nonetheless I am going tonight for class and have already signed up for another on Friday.

Someone at the door...will update later.

Last edited:
Hopefully you'll be able to pull it back this week. You've realized what you need to do and I'm sure you'll get a loss this week. :)

Maybe you could make healthy versions of what they eat? I'm guessing they eat a lot of oily food? Maybe try and use less oil in the dishes that you can. Or try and make them eat some healthier dishes :)

I'm making keema, aloo and peas for my dh tonight as well but I'm not a big fan of keema so it's not too bad but it was difficult this morning with the smell of warm paratha in the air. :( I can't believe it's 12 syns for just 1 :sigh:

Good luck with the gym. I hope your induction goes well. :)

Everyone here likes a lot of lamb, chicken and I mostly do Green days, so end up having to cook just for myself. I'm so used to having curry with oil (pre-sw days) that making it without oil tastes so different and just makes me crave for something else instead. Pratha...yummmmm...imagine I make them almost every morning for my husband's brother in law!!! The temptations in this house are endless!!!

Hi Meli,
Sorry about the gain, but after the biggest feast day of the year it's not so bad. Plus you've signed up to the gym for a whole year, very well done, and I am sure that will help you shake it off. A year is a big commitment which shows how determined you are - I bet you'll be a right gym bunny by then! :)

Was actually thinking of you as they have the badminton and squash courts...will save it for when my fitness levels go higher :)

Definately a flexi syn day yesterday and will try to minimise the syns for the rest of the week.

Made it to Zumba class at night and it was a different teacher. A good workout, but not as good as my old teacher (who isn't back until January). I've booked again for later this week :)

Barely got any sleep last night as my little one is down with cold/fever and have him at home today.

Will stick to plan today:

Green

Breakfast- Fried Egg with Baked Beans
Green Lemon Tea EDITED with 3 digestive biscuits (9 syns)
Lunch-EDITED 6 WG Ryvita CrackerBread (HEB) with Quark and Spinach
Snack- 2 clementines, 2 apples (no yogurts at home, need to go shopping)
Dinner- EDITED- Needed to finish a Cauliflower so have made Cauliflower Mash with 2 LC Extra Light Cheese Spread (HEA) and Garlic Seasoning. Will probably have this along with some peas and Quorn Sausages.
Snack- 2 Alpen Lights (HEB) with Green Lemon Tea

Exercise: None (induction for gym rescheduled for Friday as little one not well)

Last edited:
Did not have internet access as it looks like there was a virus on our laptop and I couldn't connect.
Well I wasn't really 100% the past week, but think I got away with it as I weighed on Saturday (not able to make it tonight to WI) and it showed an STS ;)
This week will try my best- Really want to lose a stone by the New Year!

Going to mix in some Red and Green's this week.

Red Day today:

Breakfast- Apple, 42g All Bran (HEB) with Skimmed Milk (HEA)
Lunch- Grilled Chicken Breast with Peppers and Mushrooms and 1 piece of Warburton Bread (.5HEB)
Snack- Shapes Yogurt and frozen Blueberries
Dinner- EDITED BNS Soup, Baked Pangasius Fish with Spinach
Snack- 1 Alpen Light (.5 HEB) with Green Lemon Tea, Total 0% with Skinny Cow HC (2 syns)

Limiting my syns as I have a meal out on Saturday with my SW group.

Exercise: Gym 45 mins (bike, treadmill, cross trainer and weights)

Last edited:
100% day yesterday and had a really good workout at the gym. Going to give the gym a miss today to give my muscles some time to relax.
Have an interview with a local agency later today. They haven't told me what the job is, but they said to treat it as a first interview. Let's see how it goes...

Another Red Day today-

Breakfast- 1 Alpen Light (.5 HEB), 3 clementines and now having some Green Lemon Tea
Lunch (before Interview)- DELICIOUS!!! Butternut squash soup from yesterday- made this despite my mom saying I might be allergic to BNS- looks like I'm not :) (onions, bns, celery, carrots, cumin, cinnamon, salt), Grilled Chicken Breast
Snack (EDITED): 8 Mikado Sticks (4 syns) (needed something sweet after the stress of not being able to go to the interview) with Green Lemon Tea
Snack- Shapes yogurt and Melon (SS)
Dinner: Baked Potatoe (HEB) with Tuna/Mayo (2 syns) and Chives
Snack- 1 Alpen Light (.5HEB) with Green Lemon Tea, Total 0% yogurt with Skinny Cow HC (2 syns)

Exercise: none

Last edited:
Back